An Open Letter To Barrister Abiodun Lawson
Quite a long time. I just read about a lawyer who served a double amputee with court summons on his sick bed at the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi.
You might say he is just doing his job...but I disagree. So as I wouldn't toe such paths, I am unlikely to gain financial buoyancy even if I were a lawyer.
History is awash with how the most "heartless" soldiers grovel and plead for mercy at the point of execution or death by other means....meaning that those persons who mindlessly inflict pain on others cannot withstand much pains themselves. In other words, most bullies are cowards.
Your role as counsel to Alhaji Ridwan Alapafuja in his case with me was less than salutary. You forged prior ejection notices that were never served and backdated them. Some of the cited documents even had different signatures purportedly belonging to the forger...you!
You know my level of education and legal awareness... but still stubbornly perpetrated such fraud on me...making me to wonders what the fates of illiterate or semi-literates would be in your hands!
I refused to engage a lawyer because all your colleagues I approached had more loyalty to fellow lawyers than their paying clients.
I have maintained my integrity...leading me to be in such dire financial straits not much different from our days in court. I have been unable to restart my practice. Neither would anybody employ me...afraid that my added skills and experience would attract a huge salary. Advantages now turned disadvantages! The damage you did was much....to say the least.
I have put all that idle time to good use....as evidenced by the following articles which you may find worth reading. Start with those with a legal bent. Perhaps that would encourage you to read the whole bunch. You would find my earlier articles on my Bio Page.
And how's practice? And your family?
Dr Tosin Akindele:
198. Why Are The Senators Yapping?
199. Head-Thieves, Deaf-Mutes And Liars...Part 1
200. The Legal Limits Of "Ceremonial"
201. Are Nigerians Just Lawless?
202. This Shameless Peace Committee
203. Head-Thieves, Deaf-Mutes And Liars...Part 3
204. Head-Thieves, Deaf-Mutes And Liars...Part 2
205. And Dr Cripple Replies....
206. Nigerian TV Industry.... A Short Appraisal
207. APC...A Party Of Head Hunters?
208. This Unique Set Of Twins!
209. Saraki Plays To The Gallery!
210. Role Of The US In Our Fight With Terror
211. Honesty Made In Katsina!
212. Treasury Single Account
213. Forum Shopping And Influence Piddling In Legal Advocacy
214. Then PDP, Now APC
215. Is Buhari Thinking What I Am Thinking?
216. Exploits Of Our Disabled Athletes
217. Ban Tribal Marks On Kids Now!
218. Which Way, This Medical Profession?
219. Finally Got Tired Of Airtel
220. Lessons From Olu Falae's Abduction
221. Statutory Concurrence Of Consent For Of O&G Surgery Any Equity Or Fairness?
222. The Conflicts In Medicine
223. Saraki's Trial, A God-Sent Opportunity
224. This Saudi Accident...One Stampede Too Many!
225. Who Hates The National Stadium In Lagos?
226. Why Exactly Is The US Equipping Our Neighbours Militarily?
227. What Is The Life-Work Balance Of A Doctor?
228. Husband Battering....Punish The Women Too!
229. Antics Of Airtel And Other GSM Operators...An Appraisal
230. This General Who Killed Three Birds With One Stone!
Dr Tosin Akindele is a medical practitioner and public affairs analyst.