TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

Five Soldiers Named as Members of Evans, Kidnap Kingpin’s Gang

By The Nigerian Voice

THE Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT), has arrested a soldier and declared four others wanted for being members of the gang of the alleged kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, aka Evans, who is now in police custody.

This came on the heels of the explanation of the Lagos State Police Command as to why it is still holding Evans without charging him to court.

In a press release, the Lagos State Police Command gave the name of the arrested soldier as Lance Corporal Victor Chukwunonso with Army No: 09/NA/64/6317. He was attached to the Nigeria Army Band Corps Abalti Barracks, Surulere, Lagos.

Chukwunonso who is a native of Onitsha, Anambra State, was arrested in Ojo area of Lagos. He was alleged to have received various sums of money three times from Evans (N2 million, N1.5 million and N3 million) as his share of the ransoms paid by some of the victims he assisted in kidnapping.

Prior to the Lagos Police Command issuing the press release, a dependable police source had told Sunday Sun: “Four other soldiers who were named by Evans during interrogation have been declared wanted. They have been named as the formidable forces behind his successful reign as a kidnapper.

“IRT arrested Nonso and handed him over to us. We are keeping him in our custody, but I won’t tell you where he is kept because of the sensitive nature of the case. I don’t know how you got the information, but it is true. We have a soldier in our custody; Evans named some soldiers as the ones who always accompanied his gang on each operation.

“Well, we are still conducting investigations, to unmask more persons that aided him. It is a serious issue that soldiers would be supporting evil such as kidnapping,” he said. However, the Lagos State Police Command yesterday explained why Evans had not been charged to court.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, who addressed the press said: “Evans is a special kind of criminal that needs proper debriefing. We are using him as a case study. This is a man that has committed a lot of crimes. He struck in Abuja, Anambra, Imo, South-south and South-west states. You can see the magnitude of crimes that he committed.”

Owoseni, who was represented by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr Dansuki Galadanchi, further said: “We are still studying Evans. There are more revelations and more arrests each week. You can’t just charge such crafty criminal like Evans to court. He needs more debriefing, which is what we are still doing.”

He also explained why a suspect, Emeka, who was arrested in connection with Mr Donatus Duru’s abduction was released.

“The police did not release Emeka, we charged him to court after Evans and his gang told us that they have never met him. We did identification parade and he was not identified. We also did voice analysis and experts could not identify his voice in all the telephone conversations Evans did with his phones. Evans said there was no way Emeka would have known his enclave since those who go for kidnapping did not know the place. They kidnapped and those who kept the victims would meet them on the way and pick the victims. After painstakingly interrogating Emeka and members of the gang of Evans, we found no evidence against him, but we charged him to court and the court released him.

“His former boss, Duru saw reasons with the court, so there was no foul play in his release.” – Sunday Sun.

Your Comment

Andy Amo | 6/26/2017 11:30:00 PM
God help us.
Apaa Bright | 6/27/2017 12:10:00 AM
The police are now doing their job, well some of the security that we have are not for us they are for making there money, imaging a soldier who is serving Nigeria as a country has involved his self in kidnapping rich men. I suggest that Evans should be released but that soldier man should be kill
john | 6/27/2017 5:43:00 AM
you're the biggest f**l I've know hopefully he'll kidnap your full family leaving you alone to pay the ransom in dollar
sir m | 6/27/2017 9:40:00 PM
gud
francis | 6/29/2017 4:40:00 AM
I think you are going crazy....in fact you are already crazy to suggest that Evans be released......eventually he had kidnapped a member of your family,would be spitting this sh*t out of your mouth?
vivian | 6/27/2017 1:35:00 AM
we don't have security here in Nigeria, all they police, SARS, soldiers etc... are thiefs , is bcus Evans case is out everybody is now talking rubb**h.. if God can open all their secret we will knw that all of them are dsame.. nonsense people, u people shud free the man jor.
Donatus | 6/27/2017 7:45:00 AM
You are sick in your brain like Naija politicians.
The 👑 | 6/27/2017 3:04:00 AM
Vivian God bless you don't mind them all of them are d same, police Na thief wat of the money there collecting from okadas nd Maruwas, is only God almighty will judge them in this country. even our sick London man na thief.
The 👑 | 6/27/2017 3:05:00 AM
Vivian God bless you don't mind them all of them are d same, police Na thief wat of the money there collecting from okadas nd Maruwas, is only God almighty will judge them in this country. even our sick London man na thief.
Donatus | 6/27/2017 7:56:00 AM
Truly,am disappointed,many nigerians don't know anything about the dangers of Crime. Vivian &co may you be the nexct victims,so that you can learn moral lessons from trauma. Hate it or like it just go on exile if. you re one of them..
omobude | 6/29/2017 9:10:00 AM
Let Evans be free. All The Police Are Criminals wot off the Roll currency the so call police tuck from Mr Evans Residents.. May GOD help Nija
Nous | 6/27/2017 3:41:00 AM
who ever is thinking or suggesting that Evans should be free, may kidnappers locate that person and his family members. He has done the crime let him do the time, that also includes all his accomplices.
bolaji | 6/27/2017 4:21:00 AM
why some people thing abnormal, some people's are stooped, some don't know what they support to write on medians, If you knew the crime this guy is committee, you would say like that; u don't know some victims are die in his hand if the family of the person they didn't respond in time, that is where some some we started having an heart attack immediately the person is release from the hand of kidnappers.
hamath | 6/29/2017 1:37:00 AM
This grammar self is enough to kidnap people
Tommy | 6/30/2017 10:30:00 PM
omg....pls bro sh*t,am gonna let you know when am done rolling on ground....have been already kidnapped with those blunders
francis | 6/29/2017 4:46:00 AM
bros abeg which primary and secondary school you attend abeg!!!! bikonu ee don do abeg make we nor blind because of Evans matter.
DonAlbertos | 6/29/2017 7:29:00 PM
oga.u for kukuma speak pidgin...after all.English is not your mother tongue. Well na Evans cause am.
Raymond | 6/27/2017 4:34:00 AM
Evans should not be release only God knws Let him bear the cos of his evil Let other evil men like him knw that evil does not last forever.
TOSCOBABS OSHOKO | 6/27/2017 4:57:00 AM
All Nigerians are thief in exception of no one.the gravity of theft only varies.rubb**h
bianze | 6/27/2017 5:35:00 AM
Evans case is a lesson to kidnappers. I wish Evans is kidnapping politician and their children
Ali | 6/27/2017 7:34:00 AM
Can justice take it's course?
MOHAMMED MUDASHIRU | 6/27/2017 7:57:00 AM
It is very unfortunate that some people can be supporting criminals. This shows that there are a lot criminally minded people in Nigeria. May God save us.
askia | 6/27/2017 8:06:00 AM
God will help us in this country how did you guys think that police would free Evans even God him self would not allow such things to happen did you know what it's take to kidnap ur relatives comon I play God will not allow us to witness it ijn
Abdul | 6/27/2017 8:15:00 AM
Nigeria police are trying. but as for dat amy he deserve to die
emmtech | 6/27/2017 8:25:00 AM
many security, politicians and office workers in Nigeria are thief Evans came out because his cup is full , Nigerian worry not is ton by ton another bigger one is coming.
boss | 6/27/2017 8:39:00 AM
I didn't surprised course some people didn't understand English.how can some that committed a lot of crime killing fellow human an distroy many peoples life an they are saying he should realise? I pray ARMY ROBBER will kill the parents of those who said they should live him my special grace of GOD
big boss dick | 6/29/2017 9:13:00 AM
Boss, Walai na u no understand English 😂. Imagine ur grammar and writeups.. Gbagaun.. Error. Abeg no comments again before Evans go escape.. Hahahahahhahahahaha
2y2k | 6/27/2017 9:19:00 AM
Evans and his culprit should be brought to book..even his community members and chiefs in Anambra state who knew about this and kept mute all this while should be persecution....... and all the military men involved should be treated accordingly.., Nigeria must change!!!!! my worst fear is that there are still prominent Nigerian citizens who are heavily involved in this.... Justice must prevail.. . God help naija
Santi | 6/27/2017 9:33:00 AM
All Nigerians are thieves. I wish Evans kidnapped politicians during his reign.
duru | 6/27/2017 9:41:00 AM
dats naija for u, u notice dat some Igbo will never c any wrong in a man who admitted killing several people. left to me dis people shud b allowed their Biafra and let's c a country without law work.the way some Igbo people exhibit their hatred nd intolerance of others draws hatred of them a thousand times more.
Shayo | 6/27/2017 10:44:00 AM
what up all does politicians lotting our money in this country what can we do with them
Isaiah james | 6/27/2017 11:05:00 AM
the best option here is to recruit Evans so that he could kelp the police department to catch kidnappers since obviously he can now think like them....
dada | 6/27/2017 11:53:00 AM
fist arrest police woman claim Evan was his brother when dey transfer d case to Enugu ,y only soldier d police should provide the parsonal who help Evan escape from 206 rubber case bcs they encouraged Evan in early stage collected money ad leave him we're is the police woman officer
Idiotic​ | 6/27/2017 2:18:00 PM
Hmmm...Who police help?.
ikecchukwu | 6/27/2017 2:34:00 PM
na only God go punish these shallow minded Nigerians, who are saying that Evans should be released. Evans & group are the products of to be Biafra, let's think.
God-they | 6/27/2017 4:02:00 PM
If the true identity of all commentators on this platform could be ascertained, criminals will not come hear and be expressing there evil mind publicly without repercussion.
Odu | 6/27/2017 6:19:00 PM
what are we saying here?????.I want to ask is it spirit that sponsors book/H if security is working why can't they identify suppliers of fulani people weapons and expose people who are behind that.then everybody will know that yes you are working not because one person business.
O J | 6/27/2017 7:05:00 PM
if Avan's shud b release a lot of Nigerian will b anxious to b like him, therefore Avan and those army and d one re yet to mension shud no b free. pls
MF | 6/27/2017 8:14:00 PM
I really don't know why this so called Evans is being celebrated, in my own opinion finish him and move to something more reasonable. Am sick and tired of this Evans news!!!
amstrong | 6/27/2017 8:23:00 PM
Pls can we face what is before us. Evans did not work alone, I believe Yoruba boys also worked with him. police Pls be sincere in your investigations.
desmond | 6/27/2017 8:52:00 PM
God only is our security, no one is perfect. let d law takes it place in Nigeria
ikenna | 6/27/2017 10:36:00 PM
God please help us am living this country jari
DMY | 6/27/2017 11:56:00 PM
I believe,if you find out those who talk rubb**h to free Evans they are IBO because they don't see robbery, knapping as a crime,they are see it as business
Darlington | 6/28/2017 4:49:00 AM
Vivian pls is time to talk f**lish woman with f**lish before this year will end kindnap will visit ur family hold rubb**h. if ur are mad in social media and u don't know how to talk u better learn. but if u continue to support bad thing it will surely reach u one way or they other.
Ifeanyi | 6/28/2017 10:04:00 AM
Everyone here and beyond should not easily forget JESUS model prayer in matthew 6:9,10 where he asks us to pray for "GOD'S KINGDOM" as the only solution to man's problems. jw.org learn more.
didi | 6/28/2017 10:40:00 AM
It takes a mentally ill person to talk about tribe when we are talking about a universal evil. We have criminals in every tribe. Let's condemn evil and perform our obligations by exposing those threatening our existence.
teddy | 6/28/2017 10:52:00 AM
so Evans case is now bigger Dan is our f**lish leaders dat stole our money every day if Evans should be killed all d senators representatives governors nd even d past nd present presidents should be brought to book cux all of dem are criminals rubb**h country, no wonder Nnamdi kalu call dis country zoo nd truly I now see reasons wit him nonsense
jjjj | 6/28/2017 2:48:00 PM
see this id**t who nnamdi kanu
jjj | 6/28/2017 2:49:00 PM
who the f*ck is namdi KANU you ppl don't know anytin
afolabi | 6/28/2017 1:05:00 PM
pls dont leave evan
sockey | 6/28/2017 2:05:00 PM
Evans should be punished as the law stated
Chucks | 6/28/2017 6:38:00 PM
Gentlemen, less face the reality n keep sentiment aside. he have to face his punishment. no man is above d law.
wizzyborder | 6/28/2017 6:57:00 PM
Good job,I wish they recruits more educated guys
Matth.... | 6/28/2017 10:49:00 PM
Nothing to fight over here, the did has been done and you and I have nothing to do to effect changes. Justices will take it place and I believe both Evans and the so called sodier will be dealt with accordingly.
nedu | 6/29/2017 2:29:00 AM
pls let us not support evil.
iFEANYI | 6/29/2017 5:49:00 AM
PLS POLICE SHOULD INVESTIGATE WELL COS ALL THIS PPLE SAYING EVANS SHOULD BE KILLED MIGHT BE HIS MEMBERS SO AS FOR THEIR NAMES NOT TO BE MENTIONED.
emmadon | 6/29/2017 10:05:00 AM
Police should investigate this posters too, see how shallow some of them thought is on Evans case. This shows how we think in this country, if it is in advance country, Mr Evans will be turn in and use as tools against other criminals.
noso | 6/29/2017 11:29:00 AM
let's police doing there job our problem for this country is judiciary everybody know that them will change what everybody know as a black to pure Wight
captain | 6/29/2017 1:50:00 PM
Bolaji , your grammar is embarrassing but you have a point
anonymus | 6/29/2017 1:53:00 PM
evans is evil....!!!! a very greedy kidnaper.... bet me, he has killed alot of his victim dat neva made his demand.....he is a very heartless kidnapper with no mercy....dey should in no way release dat man cox wallai....he will grow wild....crime is in his blood....if u recall how many times has he escaped death?....still he never gave up d husle, instead he grows wild....i have only one option for d police or whoever ''evans should be killed'' period he thar has ear should hear....''evans is evil''
ikonso | 6/30/2017 8:35:00 AM
I think he should be treated according to his work