TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

NFC moves to sanitize Nollywood

By The Citizen

The Nigerian Film Corporation (NFC), has reeled out plans to sanitize the film industry and reposition it for a better performance in line with the federal government change mantra.

In a statement made available to HVP, the regulatory body said, it has sent a bill to the National Assembly for the creation of a new Nigerian Film Commission which will empower it to oversee the activities in the movie industry in the country.

According to the agency, if the bill scale through, it will swing into action to sanitize the industry by ensuring that professionalism becomes the top priority of the regulatory body. 'We will also fight against monopoly and destruction of the movie industry. Action will be taken to protect this industry. We establish a new production service that will produce films as the mandatory producer of the Federal Government as it used to be in the past. We will establish a leasing of film equipment to practitioners. We will through the government establish a film fund called National Film Development Fund, NFDF, sponsor some of our projects,' the statement read.

The regulatory body regretted that lack of funding has hampered the execution of some of its laudable projects, such as sponsoring stakeholders and staff of NFC to film festivals. It, however, prescribed the way forward for the industry, saying 'there is need for us to get clearance from the minister in order to raise fund from the multinationals for the production of mega movies jointly with practitioners in the industry.

'We must get into production for PayTv, terrestrial, and cinema. We will raise fund through the Minister's support to go real commercial. Shoot commercials, make the institute pay. Establish an annex institute in Ikoyi, Lagos with the support and participation of our grand-master and former Chairman.'

NFC, also urged state governments to consider the idea of creating viewing centres which will support the few existing cinema houses across the country.

Share this:

Your Comment

stella | 11/19/2016 6:37:00 AM
Ivils voices we all says good bye in Jesus name
stella | 11/19/2016 6:39:00 AM
Police problems we all says good bye in Jesus name release us here in Jesus name
stella | 11/19/2016 6:57:00 AM
Joseph kayode chibuzor and me and our children and our familys and our country Nigeria be bless in Jesus powerfully name I cansos problems by the blood of Jesus in Jesus powerfully name
stella | 11/19/2016 6:59:00 AM
God bless Greece and Nigeria
stella | 11/19/2016 6:59:00 AM
Be great in Jesus powerfully name
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:01:00 AM
Every satanics voices that is talkings to or inside be destroy in Jesus powerfully name
stella | 11/19/2016 7:04:00 AM
We all cover with the blood of Jesus so demons park your and go to your senders in Jesus powerfully name release us outsides to Nigeria our country in Jesus powerfully name
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:09:00 AM
Every fearings spirits or powers be destroys by the blood of Jesus in Jesus powerfully name every evils activities inside our familys be destroys in Jesus powerfully name Greece and Nigeria people that we favours you shall come back to you all in Jesus powerfully name
stella | 11/19/2016 7:10:00 AM
Greece and Nigeria God bless you in Jesus name
stella | 11/19/2016 7:12:00 AM
Every problems people in our generations be clears aways in Jesus powerfully
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:13:00 AM
Every powers that is changed our good name to deadly name clears aways in Jesus powerfully name
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:14:00 AM
Every graves imaginations clears aways in Jesus powerfully name
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:15:00 AM
Spirits of death clears aways in Jesus powerfully name
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:16:00 AM
Ritual spirits clears aways by the blood of Jesus in Jesus powerfully name
stella | 11/19/2016 7:18:00 AM
Every spirits of poorvities clears aways in Jesus powerfully name every money spirits clears aways in Jesus powerfully name every imaginations clears aways in Jesus powerfully name
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:21:00 AM
Every killers inside us clears aways in Jesus powerfully name evils telefone users clears aways in Jesus powerfully name evil eyes clears aways in Jesus powerfully name satanics cages clears aways in Jesus powerfully name
Stella | 11/19/2016 7:27:00 AM
Reprensentations clears aways in Jesus powerfully name every spirits that asines to used me and the fathers of my children againsts my children clears aways by the blood of Jesus evils voices in my brain clears aways in Jesus name I discounted my children outsides in Jesus powerfully name I disconets me and my children and there fathers and every mebers of our familys outsides in Jesus powerfully name
kenkenroxas | 11/21/2016 6:20:00 AM
I am student still but proud to say I am earning really well. Trading is the best thing that ever happened to me. If you are interested in how I do it, google Superior Trading System to find out.
COWARDS DIE MANY TIMES B COS OF SCHOCK
By: Kwame Serebour, Atwi