TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

Why INEC Declared Imo Guber Election Inconclusive

By The Nigerian Voice

The Independent National Electoral Commission has declared the governorship election in Imo state inconclusive.

Due to the number of cancelled votes (144,715) in relation to the margin of win (79,529) by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Rochas Okorocha, the Returning Officer, Professor Ibidapo Obe, declared the election inconclusive.

He said a new date would be announced for a rerun election in the cancelled wards spread across several local government areas.

Mr. Okorocha was initially thought to have won the election after he garnered 385,671 votes compared to the 306,142 votes scored by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Emeka Ihedioha.

The APC candidate is ahead of Mr. Ihedioha by 79,529 votes, which is by far lower than the 144,715 votes cancelled by INEC as a result of irregularities in some wards.

INEC’s verdict on the Imo election is a repeat of what happened in 2011.

The commission had at the time declared the result inconclusive after cancelling results in some wards following irregularities detected in some wards.

Mr. Okorocha, who ran then on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, went on to win a rerun.

Your Comment

mcdonald gilbert | 4/13/2015 10:37:00 AM
am from onuimo l ga imo state .this is a history repeating itself in imo state as it was in 2011. but be that as it may i know that a winner must imerge at the end of the day.imo must move forwars
Ken | 4/13/2015 12:12:00 PM
The change must come in Imo...this government must handover a PDP government come May 29th
J. Y | 4/13/2015 2:26:00 PM
You must be a very myophic thinker. You even lack political wisdom,and from every indication,you are a nonconformist
COMR. VIC'S | 4/13/2015 1:25:00 PM
Governor rochas is already won.
COMR.George Chukwudi .O. | 4/13/2015 1:30:00 PM
Rochas is a visionable leader bcos he follows politics of this country without sentiments and he has contributed positively to the citizens of Imo State,so he deserves re-election....note:APC stands for one Nigeria and when the turn of Igbos to be president of this great country under APC comes,Rochas will be the president flag bearer of APC bcos he is a great leader......for this coming MAY 29th,Rochas must be re-elected under APC platform....Thanks!!!
Precious | 4/13/2015 3:08:00 PM
Non conformist
micky | 4/13/2015 4:58:00 PM
Rochas must go time up. Emeka won d election he should be declared the winner.
joy Louis | 4/13/2015 11:34:00 PM
Emeka Ihedioha is not a March to Rocha's and cannot win in IMO state. let him go and rest
Jacob | 4/13/2015 8:32:00 PM
We must be factual in d analysis of d political environment. A key issue dat must be appraise is performance. Rochas had put Imo in a line light dat every citizen of Imo shd be proud of. PDP wrecked and looted Imo treasury until Rochase came in. Tell me abt any governor dat gave out his security vote for his state to move forward. It is high time Nigerians understd certain line of action before posting comments on social media.
steve | 4/13/2015 9:17:00 PM
Go and verify ur claim very wel k. Wat happened to our local govt allocation? Must he rub peter to pay paul
Mr. Ben | 4/14/2015 10:54:00 AM
pls it'll be to our utmost benefit to comment based on individuals and not party.
MAX | 4/13/2015 8:43:00 PM
WE HOPE THE ELECTORAL OFFICER WAS NOT PLACED UNDER PRESSURE BY THE INCUMBENT GOVERNOR
MAX | 4/13/2015 8:44:00 PM
WE HOPE THE ELECTORAL OFFICER WAS NOT PLACED UNDER PRESSURE BY THE INCUMBENT GOVERNOR
DOUBLEMAN | 4/13/2015 9:18:00 PM
ROCHAS and AMECHI, unfortunately Brough a foreign party to South south and South East Amechi has taking his own pill is only a matter of time ROCHAS will follow suit, bye bye from Douglas House in advance Okorocha
joy Louis | 4/13/2015 11:46:00 PM
Mr doubleman, u have eyes but you've refuse to see with it . we're talking about change which! do u want to die in PDP? what good has this PDP government brought to us than looting our Treasury eh? PDP has already fade away! just watch and see .
Elvo | 4/15/2015 7:27:00 PM
Elvo Governor ROCHAS OKOROCH has perfomed very very well in Imo State. Before he came onboard imolites never had a good governor. Emeka miscalculated he shouldn't have come now that Imo State has a performing Governor. Owelle is an Iroko tree that can never be shaked. Owelle carry go, you will live long my lovely Governor. THE MAN WHO SAW TOMORROW. You have already won, all the Imolites are very proud of you.
naked wire | 4/13/2015 10:45:00 PM
I am very sory 4 those who do not read between d lines.nt becos ur brother is desperate 4 power u want him look b4 u leap. We want pple who mean well 4 d imolites a visionery leader like owelle nt some kind of pple dat will grab power either by hook or crook nd will like 4 go fourth tenure whether u like it or nt at ur detriment,God forbid them nd their evil plans.imo is in d hand of God nd only owelle can pilot imo affairs nd move us 2 d next level,
naked wire | 4/13/2015 10:51:00 PM
I am very sory 4 those who do not read between d lines.nt becos ur brother is desperate 4 power u want him look b4 u leap. We want pple who mean well 4 d imolites a visionery leader like owelle nt some kind of pple dat will grab power either by hook or crook nd will like 4 go fourth tenure whether u like it or nt at ur detriment,God forbid them nd their evil plans.imo is in d hand of God nd only owelle can pilot imo affairs nd move us 2 d next level,
Destiny child | 4/13/2015 11:42:00 PM
I must tel u d trut. Rochas is a 419, cruck, thief etc. D fact is dat rochas blind some imolites & dos dat understand themselves earlier escaped. All d imolites workers are blindfolded & enveloped by rochas administrations.
Destiny child | 4/14/2015 12:01:00 AM
I am a young graduate. As far as i am concern in Nigeria i must be in d parliament (law maker) and pple dat wil be qualify 2 contest for any political position must be dos eat read political rcience & public administration.
decee | 4/14/2015 12:22:00 AM
a man that ran away fr christianity and start building mosque in imo state,a man that ate peopels sweat,what is good abt owelle,how wany roads did he build,instead he was bussy building aroundabout,owelle must go
j.boy | 4/14/2015 12:23:00 AM
yes apc talked about change and dats wat is happening now Rochas is a greedy fellow a crock after saying i am only going for one tenure to librate d imolites while coming bk again after been beaten by buhari in presidencial race cant u all sée dat hé is now becoming a failure to d state hé should make way for transformation ohhh
chika | 4/14/2015 1:53:00 PM
owelle is a deceiver, rog ,setanist, and above all a sadist. Let him accept defeat as our humble president did. He is preaching change and doesn't embrace change himself. What a hypocritical act!
Emmanuel | 4/14/2015 2:44:00 PM
Is It True That Owelle Rochas Brought Islam To Imo, To The Extent Of Building Mosques
Chido | 4/14/2015 4:11:00 PM
We Imolites are not ready to go back to Egypt. Forward ever with Owele. My people, my people!
ENGR SAMUEL | 4/14/2015 4:45:00 PM
WAIT MY PEOPLE OF IMO STATE THE TRUE RESUIT IS ABOUT TO COME OUT,, WE WILL KNOW THE WINER,, PRAY FOR THIS STATE,,GOD BLESS EVERY BODY,,BE UR BROTHERS KEEPER.
Chinooks | 4/14/2015 8:13:00 PM
rochas will never be there come rain come sun he is an Ingrate f**lish id**t .
chinooks | 4/15/2015 7:24:00 AM
imagin okorocha built a castle in one term , did u remember buhari said rochas u are greedy, am an insider I can't disclose my identity, pls imolites pray let okorocha out pls
chinasa | 4/15/2015 9:55:00 AM
who so every dat said rochas wil nt win him or she family we'll close and the wil nvr see good were have u seen free education before which of pdp dat has every done it mind ur tongue let nt follow u nd ur family f**ls my daddy is the leader make una go die
Elvo | 4/15/2015 7:37:00 PM
Rochas Okorocha is a great leader and we know that ROCHAS must be the president of this great country very soon. ROCH, We are with you. THE MAN WHO SAW TOMRROW.
kingsooo | 4/15/2015 10:53:00 PM
no more for muslems n dia suporters in imo state in jesus name
Anthony Abahtone | 4/16/2015 11:52:00 PM
Don't talk religion cos thats where the catastrophe of nigeria lie. All nigeria citizen has the right to choose any religion : christianity, islamic or traditional. Am a christian -catholic- but that does'nt make me the best of all men.
June | 4/17/2015 3:37:00 AM
Jonathan made a sacrifice for change,so Rochas wit his sweet tongue should accept defeat n also make way for change. APC ......CHANGE
decency | 4/18/2015 6:32:00 PM
does it mean dat dis ppl asking rochas to conced defeat do not understand what they read?rochas is leading ihedioha with more dan 79 thousand votes.he already won in 15lgas while ihedioha won only five. who is supose to concede defeat here?. Rochas won 15lga with 385671 votes while ihedioha won 5lga with 306142 who is more guilty?
mabel | 4/21/2015 10:19:00 AM
Tell them ooo. Seem they have all gone blind.
God will make a way where there seem to be no way.
By: Het