TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

Abia State Notorious Kidnapper, Osisikankwu Killed By Soldiers

By THEWILL. - thewillnigeria.com

SAN FRANCISCO, Dec 12, (THEWILL) – The soldiers drafted to Abia State to halt the kidnappings in the state on Sunday scored a major victory with the killing of the state’s most notorious kidnapper, Mr. Obioma Nwankwo, nicknamed Osisikankwu.

The criminal was killed at Ugwuati Evil Forest when his gang engaged security forces in a gunfight according to Army spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa.

Osisikankwu and his gang of kidnappers had terrorized Abia residents before the Federal Government deployed troops to quell their activities.

He and members of his gang had been in hiding since the troops arrived in the state in September after the kidnap of journalists.

Photo: Notorious Obioma Nwankwo (Osisikankwu).

Your Comment

Osede Chinedu. | 12/14/2010 6:32:00 AM
I so much aprecite the death of that executive mugu osisikankwu.
coco babe | 12/14/2010 3:55:00 PM
i knw he is not the only one behind the kidnaping stuff, just that he falls as an escape goat. all thesame i like what happened.
charles edet | 12/23/2010 12:51:00 PM
Although one of the ways to reduce crime and violence in Africa is by killing the culprit.
yet this approach has not helped in that direction. if the government can arrest the king pins followers , let them help, to address the root cause of of their involvement. poverty ,greed and ignorance are pointers and educational awareness drive is the answer. The volunteers for awareness against kidnapping and human trafficking recently flagged off its enlightenment campaign to educate Nigerians over this vices.
Success is a product of 'staying power' more than a decision to start.
By: Leke Ademo