TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Again, HURIWA Asks Jonathan To Sack Interior Minister

Source: pointblanknews.com
Listen to article

For the umpteenth time, President Good luck Jonathan has been tasked to sack and prosecute the minister of Interior Mr. Abba Moro for alleged willful criminal act of neglect that resulted in the untimely but very gruesome death of nearly two dozen youthful job seekers during the recent ill-fated Nigerian Immigration Service's nation-wide recruitment exercises.

HUMAN RIGHTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERA [HURIWA] which made the submission in a statement signed by the National Coordinator Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko and the National Media Affairs Director Miss. Zainab Yusuf, said it smacks of gross insensitivity and lack of responsiveness on the side of the Federal Government that such a national scandal of global proportion that placed Nigeria on the global map of infamy as a nation state so weak to conduct transparent job recruitment exercises for her teeming jobless youth is being systematically swept under the carpets.

Besides, HURIWA said it was tantamount to institutionalizing the regime of crass impunity that several weeks after this botched recruitment exercises marred by illegal commercialization of the application forms sold to hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youth for job slots of significantly less than the huge number of applicants, that some young Nigerians died but no government officials till date has been brought to account for this abysmal failure of supervision and criminal negligent occasioning widespread fatalities.

The Rights group said the Federal Government must also transparently publish the mechanisms for the implementation of the Presidential remedial process put in place after the job scam that cost the lives of scores of Nigerian youthful job seekers. “The President had shortly after the scam carried out by the ministry of Interior that led to the death of dozens of Nigerian youth, announced a number of remedial measures which include the award of automatic employment slots to the victims of the ill-fated job scam. Nigerians deserves to be told in black and white how the Nigerian Government has carried out this Presidential directive”.

HURIWA recalled that the job recruitment tragedy by the Nigerian Immigration Service under the supervision of Mr. Moro the minister of Interior happened on Saturday March 15th 2014 with official figure of 16 deaths recorded across the country. Since then, the minister of interior appeared before several probe panels in the National Assembly and accepted responsibility for the accident but failed to resign and has also failed to refund the job applicants the fee of N1000 each paid by the thousands of applicants for the exercises that have now been cancelled and for which condemnation trailed the extortion of job applicants by the Ministry of Interior.