Boko Haram Abducts 100 Female Students From All Girls School
Our Previous Report:
SAN FRANCISCO, April 15, (THEWILL) â€' At least 100 female students of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State have been abducted by members of the terrorist group Boko Haram.
Two residents of Chibok town, about 140 kilometers from Maiduguri, Borno State, the spiritual headquarters of the terrorist group, told THEWILL that the students, who were taking their WAEC/SSCE examinations, were kidnapped on Monday night around 10.
pm from the all female school's hostel, when the group stormed the town and razed houses and shops without any resistance whatsoever from security forces.
The Borno State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Lawan Tanko, told reporters that he had been briefed about the incident and has sent officers to the school.
Boko Haram Abducts Over 100 Female WAEC/SSCE Candidates From Borno Girls' College
Coming a few days after Boko Haram gunmen wreaked untold havocs on some students preparing for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organised by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) last weekend in Borno State, the gunmen struck again at the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, where they reportedly abducted over 100 female students who were writing the West African Examination Council/ Senior School Certificate Examination (WAEC/SSCE).
The students were taken away in lorries.
Local sources told THEWILL that the gunmen attacked Chibok on Monday night, wreaking havoc and unleashing terror on the people of the town which is located at about 140 kilometres from Maiduguri, the state capital.
The insurgents were also said to have carted away food items and vehicles during the raid after killing a yet-to-be ascertained number of people.
The gunmen were also said to have moved into the all-female boarding school, the Government Girls Secondary School, where they abducted over 100 students from the 250 female students who were lodged in the hostels for their final WAEC/SSCE examinations.
A resident of the town, craving anonymity disclosed that the terrorists, in their large numbers, also attacked the community before escaping into the forest with their victims and loot.
Corroborating this was Amos Ahmadu, another resident of the town, who told journalists in Maiduguri that the terrorists made away with large amount of foodstuffs from the residents before escaping.
Many residents of the town were left with no option than to flee into the bushes for safety while others escaped from the town that was set ablaze by the gunmen to Damboa.
Confirming the incident, the Borno State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Lawan Tanko, said he was aware of the incident and had dispatched policemen from the State Command to the scene.