TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

FIFA OKAYS CAS' DECISIONS ON ADAMU, OTHERS

By NBF News

FIFA says the rejection of appeals against Nigeria's former FIFA ex-committee member, Amos Adamu and two former senior football officials have underlined its zero tolerance approach to corruption.

FIFA issued a release yesterdat, saying it was 'satisfied' by the Court of Arbitration for Sports' decisions in turning down the appeals made by Adamu, Amadou Diakite and Ahongalu Fusimalohi.

'The confirmation of these FIFA decisions by CAS underlines once more FIFA's zero tolerance and clear stance against any breach of the FIFA Code of Ethics,' the statement said.

Adamu was the most high-profile of the recent cases that went to CAS. He last month, lost his appeal to sports' highest court to overturn his three-year ban from football for seeking bribes during the 2018/2022 World Cup bidding campaign.

Diakite of Mali was originally banned for two years for corruption during the World Cup bidding races.

Fusimalohi of Tonga was also handed a two-year ban for advising undercover reporters on how to bribe FIFA executive members.

Meanwhile, former FIFA presidential candidate, Mohamed Bin Hammam, is preparing to challenge his FIFA lifetime ban at a CAS hearing on April 18 and 19.

The Qatari was embroiled in the cash-for-votes scandal that brought down former CONCACAF president, Jack Warner. Bin Hammam was found guilty of attempting to bribe Caribbean Football Union members ahead of the FIFA presidential election.

Warner quit last summer before the FIFA Ethics Committee could punish him for his involvement in the scandal.