Lagos Printing Corporation Boss Abscond With Workers' Salaries


The General Manager of the Lagos State Printing Corporation (LSPC), Bolaji Agaba, has allegedly absconded with millions of naira meant for the payment of staff salaries and allowances.

The amount also included N28million statutory deductions meant for staff pensions that were supposed to be managed by pension fund administrators and the National Housing Fund. / learnt that while staff of the organisation were been owed several months arrears, pensioners of the corporation had almost been forgotten and the corporation had a lot of casual workers some of whom had been with the organisation for seven years.

The corporation's Union Chairman, Lukman Rabiu, also  alleged that the gratuity of the pensioners had not been paid. 'Before he (Agaba) became the GM, the past administrations that were before him ran the affairs of this corporation properly. But since he became the GM, we have not been collecting the festive season bonus.

'Majority of our staff members are under loan in some of the banks.

Though, we have been trying to maintain peace in the corporation so as not to bring enmity among anybody, he is proving to us that he does not have our interest at heart.

'The culture of the corporation has been to lobby for job, but this GM who is a politician is not ready to do this, others who have been the GM are always going out to look for job, but his own case has been different.'

He tasked the government and the members of the state House of Assembly to quickly rescue the corporation before it would collapse finally.

'Also we want the statutory deduction to be paid, because if we put pen down today that we are no longer working with the corporation, that will be our gain. The Pension Fund Administrators (PFA) have been complaining and they wrote us that 95 per cent of our staff should guarantee themselves that they don't have any kobo with them.'

"This is the fault of the GM and whenever we go to him, he would tell us that whenever they got the money, they would remit," Rabiu who led a protest march to the House of Assembly said.

  Several efforts to reach the GM failed as his phone was switched off throughout the day. When his office was visited, learnt that he had not been to the office for about three weeks.