TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Gov Obi’s Re-election Entered Guinness Book Of Records For Fraud- Soludo

Source: ukpakareports.com

- Assures On PDP Caretaker\Congress Committee

Prof Chukwuma Soludo, PDP's candidate for 2010 governorship election in Anambra State last February has stated that it is just right for that the Financial Times of London recommended the state governorship election which produced Mr. Peter Obi to be documented in the Guinness Book of Records as the beginning of the election of leaders without their peoples mandate.

Soludo who was speaking to stakeholders of his PDP at Emmaus House, Awka yesterday in an emergency meeting said that he is not surprised that the INEC confessed that they awarded 10,000 votes erroneously to the candidate of the AC, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige, and that he believes that soon they (INEC) will make other confessions of awarding 40,000 or more to another party to facilitate their purported victory.

In his analysis, Soludo said that only five percent of the states entire population registered their names in the INEC voters register, while 30 percent of the total number of registered voters voted Obi, and the remaining 70 percent of the registered voters still voted against him (Obi), making it the first election a leader who does not at all have the mandate of the people would emerge.

“My mandate is not to become a governor by all cost. It is not about Soludo becoming a governor, as for me God has blessed me. I feel it is about giving back to the state where it pleased God that I should hail from. Our African Dubai Taiwan dream is very much alive, and I know that it can only be delayed, but some day, God will show Anambra people light again.” Soludo said.

“I have forgiven everybody who wronged me during the election, PDP is bigger than all of us, so we will not sacrifice the party because of our selfish interest. The party has been in crisis since 1999, and has hardly had any elected party executives in the state, what we want now is for people to come together and build the party again. Let all those whom I wronged also forgive me, let us strive to conduct a credible congress, that would reflect the wishes of the people so that peace would reign.”

He urged the people to come together to build the party, saying that a time for 'war' has passed, and that now is a time to make peace so that if there is need for 'war' again, it would be against other parties and not among themselves in PDP.

He also stated that his plan for contesting the governorship election is not to be seen as a governor, but to give back to the society where he hails from as he believes that they is a time to take from the society, and for he who has grown to his present status, he should be thinking of a way of giving back to the people.

Meanwhile, contrary to the believe in most quarters that the caretaker committee executives in charge of Anambra PDP is on the verge of being scrapped for another caretaker committee to be constituted by the National Executive Committee of the party, Hon Cosmos Agagbo has dismissed the belief, describing it as untrue.

Speaking also to give credence to Agagbo's claims, the leader of the party in the state and the governorship candidate of the party in last February 6th election, Prof Chukwuma Soludo passed a vote of confidence on the committee, saying that so far they have been doing well leading the party in the state and as such can not be changed for another caretaker committee.

Agagbo who spoke with journalists immediately after the stakeholders meeting of the party in the state said that they have been reaching out to many other members of the party with the hope of bringing aggrieved members back to the to the party as the umbrella is big enough to accommodate all of its members.

He also assured of the preparedness of his committee to bequeath the party in the state with a credible congress that would ensure lasting peace and victory in upcoming elections. According to him, plans are already in place, and waiting to be fine tuned for the congress to officially kick off in the state.

Commending on the confidence bestowed them by members of the party in the state, Agagbo said that just as much as they trust his leadership, he will do well not to let they down, but to ensure that in the coming local government election, the party would be prepared enough to win most of the seats to be contested.

On his part, Soludo admonished the members of the party to believe in the current caretaker executives, saying that it would be bad to think of replacing the caretaker executives or running a parallel one when they have been leading well. He reminded that the current executive in the state is tagged; caretaker\congress committee, which means that they are not only taking care but have the mandate to conduct a congress in the state and subsequently hand over to the elected government.

| Article source