2nd National Youth Summit On Drugs And Substance Abuse Prevention
African Youth Initiative on Crime Prevention (AYICRIP) will be hosting the 2nd National Youth Summit on Drugs and Substance Abuse Prevention. The Summit will provide an opportunity for young people to discuss, understand, share, find solutions and develop strategies on issues pertaining to youth and drug abuse/illicit trafficking that can be implemented at country level.
Call for Paper
The Abstract Committee calls for abstract submissions from those who would like to make presentations during the summit. Abstract submissions are invited from scholars, policy/think tank researchers, NGOs practitioners, international agencies, youth advocates, students and others. The deadline for submission is September 30, 2016.
Your abstract should address any of the following topics;
• Overview of Drug use trends in Africa and strategies in countering them
• Unemployment, Poverty and Drug Dependency among Young People
• Relationship between production, consumption and distribution of illegal drugs and terrorism
• Nightclub culture and drug use – what can we do to curb the menace.
• Lifestyle, culture and drugs
• Drug Related Crime and Anti-social Behaviour among Youths
• Media and Harm Reduction – the role of the youths
• Drug, substance abuse and the environment
• Young People; Addiction, Treatment and Human Right Abuse.
• Drug and Substance Abuse, Youths and HIV
• Drug Trafficking and Death Penalty.
• Drug Crime and National Image.
The abstract must address clearly any of the summit theme or objectives,
Abstract should be no more than 500 words and should summarize the presentation, identify questions or issues addressed, outline the results or conclusions and format presentation. The time for each presentation will be 15 minutes for papers, 10 minutes for discussions/questions.
The abstract must be written in English
Your full name and affiliation should be written on the abstract.
Abstracts are subject to the approval by the abstract committee.
Authors of selected abstract will be notified to send their full papers.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
The summit committee calls for interested youths who would like to be a Volunteer for the implementation activities of the summit. The following criteria are required;
• The person must be a youth between the ages of 18 – 35.
• The person must have good writing and communication skills
• The person must be proficient in English
• Preferable should be a student or from national youth organization but not restricted thereto.
• The person must be able to contribute positively to the objectives of the summit
• The person must have knowledge on issues pertaining to the summit
Interested candidate should submit their CV on or before September 10th 2016 via e-mail [email protected]
The selected volunteers will be notified through their e-mail.
Benefit: The participated volunteers will receive a certificate of volunteer and a letter of appreciation at the end of the summit.