A Communique Issued At The End The Of Chairmen/ Stakeholders/Congress Meeting Of The Actor’s Guild Of Nigeria (Agn) At Upcountry Hotel Ltd Awka, Anambra State On The 9th Of June, 2016
In the quest not to leave a lacuna in the governance of the Actors guild of Nigeria National Executive; the chairman of all the chairmen of the state chapters (Mr Agility Onwurah) in line with paragraph four of the judgment convened a congress on the above-mentioned date.
The essence of the meeting was to discuss and seek a lasting solution to the lingering crisis in the Guild and the need to constitute a solid structure to resuscitate the guild. The congress was attended by the chairmen, representatives and stakeholders. However, the deliberation was hinged on the judgment of March 2015 by the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos headed by Justice J.T. Tshoho. The provisions of the judgment were extensively deliberated upon by all taking special cognizance of the paragraph four which states that the 1st and 2nd defendant should surrender all paraphernalia of their offices to the guild. At the end of plenary and after meticulous deliberation of issues in the subsisting structure, the entire house resolved as follows:
- Condemned all forms of crisis, animosity and unwholesome attitude towards the growth of the association. Always bearing in mind that the guild is the only umbrella shielding the association.
- Call on all the aggrieved members to sheet their swords and work towards the national unity of our great guild.
- Call on the parties involved to recognize and respect each other’s right of self determination in the pursuit of a better and stronger association as it relates the election of their executives without fear or favour.
- Rely upon the decision of the Honourable court of justice paragraph 4, 10, 11, & 12 of the judgment and set up a caretaker committee.
- An 11-man caretaker committee was therefore constituted by the congress through nominations by different chapter chairmen and representatives.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
- To take up the leadership of the guild
- To retrieve all relevant documents, properties and or/ materials belonging to the guild in line with paragraph four of the court judgment.
- To provide good platform for reconciliation of aggrieved members and ensure peace
- To reach out to sister guilds for good alliance
- To conduct a credible election into national offices
- The committee was given 3 months to carry out the activities as outlined above.
NAMES OF THE CARETAKER COMMITTEE
1. Steve Eboh - Chairman
2. Hakeem Rhaman - Vice Chairman
3. Renell Badejo - Secretary
4. Bob Emmanuel Udokwu - Adviser
5. Ochendo Mc Smith - PRO
6. Rita Tony Edochie - Member
7. Ernest Obi - Member
8. Vitalis Ndubisi - Member
9. Zenith Abubarka - Member
10. Rita Daniels - Member
11. Edith Irabor - Member