ISIS Says Responsible For Abuja Bomb Attacks
SAN FRANCISCO, October 04, (THEWILL) – The terrorist group, Islamic State (ISIS) has said it is responsible for Friday's bomb attacks at Nyanya and Kuje, two suburbs of Nigeria's capital city, Abuja, where at least 14 persons were killed and several others injured.
The group in a message in Arabic translated and tweeted by a Radio France International journalist, David Thompson, said three suicide bombers executed the deadly attacks. The journalist posted photos of the suicide bombers.
The military had restricted the Boko Haram which last year pledged allegiance to ISIS to Nigeria's northeast until Friday night's attack.
The Boko Haram's last attack near Abuja was on April 14, 2014, when a huge bomb exploded at a bus station in Nyanya and left more than a dozen people dead.
President Muhammadu Buhari, who assumed office in May this year and the military have vowed to crush the terrorist group by December this year.