Former NSA's Father Distances Self From Son's Travails, Fumes At SSS Over Raid At Sokoto Home
BEVERLY HILLS, July 20, (THEWILL) – The former Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki, has distanced himself from the travails of his son, Sambo, the embattled former National Security Adviser (NSA).
He also condemned the invasion of his Sokoto residence by operatives of the State Security Service, SSS, last week.
Describing the invasion as unlawful, the 18th Sultan of Sokoto told the Hausa Service of the BBC that there is a marked difference between himself and his son, Sambo, who was the prime target of the invasion.
The 94-year-old ex-monarch and technocrat, who was dethroned by the late General Sani Abacha's military junta in 1996, said : “I am surprised at 94 how security (operatives) will enter my own house and entered my wives rooms because of my son. In all my life and experience, I don't know how you will invade someone's house because of his son.
“We are different people, yes he is my son, but his house is in Abuja while mine is in Sokoto. How can you do that to me? My other children have rights in my own house.”
Dasuki, who is receiving treatment in the United Kingdom, further wondered: “He is on his own. Why would they invade my own house?”