Borno: Boko Haram Attacks Monguno Villages, Kills 40
BEVERLY HILLS, July 02, (THEWILL) – Boko Haram insurgents have again attacked two villages in Monguno local government area of Borno State.
A report monitored on BBC Hausa Service by THEWILL on Thursday said many people were killed while several others sustained injuries in the fresh attack.
Witnesses, according to the report, said the insurgents also torched and burnt many houses during the attack.
Though security agencies could not confirm the incident when filing this report, Hon. Mohammed Tahir Monguno representing the area said about 40 persons were killed.
This came as another resident of the village confirmed the incident, saying those injured had been taken to the hospitals.