Chad Says Will Arrest Foreigners Following Boko Haram Attacks
BEVERLY HILLS, June 19 (THEWILL) – Chadian Prime Minister, Kalzeube Deubet, on Friday, said that following the recent Boko Haram attack in two suicide blasts in the capital, N’Djamena, which killed 37 people, government would commence detention of foreigners in that country.
The premier did not give details on whom the raids would target and where.
He said those detained would be placed at centres in Baga Sola on the shores of Lake Chad.
Deubet said the North-Central African country wanted to get rid of terrorists “once and for all'', according to a report by Nigeria's state-run news agency, NAN.
He said Chadian government had earlier announced other security measures, such as bans on the burqa, an article of clothing that covers the entire body, and on public gatherings.