FG ABOLISH HND/B.SC DISCRIMINATION IN FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERIOR; IT IS DANGEROUS, UNETHICAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
Federal Government should end the discrimination witnessed between HND
& B.Sc. holders in federal ministry of interior (Prisons, Immigration,
Civil Defence) in order to increase productivity and discourage
unforeseen dangers among these two graduates.
• HND (Inspectorate Cadre), while B.Sc. (Superintendent Cadre).
• Entry Level for HND is G/L 7, while a fellow Graduate with B.Sc. is G/L 8.
• Terminal Point for HND is G/L 13 while B.Sc. is to the highest G/L.
• HND or inspectorate cadre ranks are confusing, while superintendent
ranks are normal ranks/recognized ranks in military/paramilitary
• Above all, HND holder in this Ministry of Interior are regarded as
artisans with WASC or Trade Test.
It is shameful that staff of Ministry of Interior no longer
concentrate on their duties, rather focuses on getting more
certificates by hook or by crook in order to get more ranks or to be
in superintendent cadre.
It is obvious to state that other security agencies like; Nigeria
Military, DSS, Nigerian Police, etc do not discriminate in ranking
between HND & B.Sc. Holders.
There might be a bloody clash one day between these two cadres if
federal government fails to urgently address this discrimination.