Army Says Boko Haram Begin Surrender
Abuja – The Defence Headquarters has disclosed that some Boko Haram
terrorists have begun to surrender with their weapons voluntarily
following relentless onslaught by troops.
This is contained in a statement posted on the DHQ website on Sunday.
“Some of them submitted themselves and their weapons to the leadership of
the troops in Konduga during a further campaign at the weekend.
“As the heat on the terrorists continues, five terrorists surrendered on
Saturday (Sept. 20) with all their weapons to troops at Konduga pleading
According to the statement, other captured terrorists who refused to
surrender have also been giving useful information on the subsequent plans
of the group in an apparent effort to cooperate.
The DHQ recalled that in the last few days there had been several attempts
by desperate terrorists to gain entry into Konduga which were foiled by
The terrorists' move, according to the statement, is aimed at recovering
the bodies of their prominent fighters who died in previous encounters in
The DHQ also said that its troops had recovered more weapons during mop-up
operations while some of their terrorists' vehicles had been destroyed.
The great escape.
The post Army Says Boko Haram Begin Surrender appeared first on Pointblank News .