Borno: Again, Boko Haram Attack Leaves Many Dead
BEVERLY HILLS, CA, June 21, (THEWILL) - Again, fresh Boko Haram attacks on at least three Borno villages Saturday morning have left over 40 persons dead just as several others sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The gunmen, numbering over 20, stormed Chuha A, Chuha B and Koronginim, all in Chibok local government area of Borno State where over 200 schoolgirls were abducted on April 14.
The attacks were confirmed to journalists on phone by a community leader and a youth vigilante leader who spoke anonymously.
“Some suspected Boko Haram terrorists invaded Chuha A, Chuha B, and Korongilim villages and killed over 40 persons.
“The insurgents equally wounded many villagers, razed many houses and made away with food stuff.”
“The attack which commenced at about 7am lasted for over 5 hours before we got the military to intervene.
“We made several telephone calls to the military but it was quite unfortunate they took longer than necessary before they surfaced. They came after over 40 people have already been killed,” the community leader said.
He lamented that “the lifeless bodies of our people are still littered all around the three villages.
Confirming the incident, a source from Chibok Hospital said: 'Scores
of injured persons are now on admission at Chibok General Hospital, six victims of the attack were rushed to the hospital at about 1pm.”
Another Chibok resident however disclosed that “Some of our relations
at Koronginim and Ntsiha have been killed by Boko Haram today.”
Recall that the Boko Haram terrorists sent a letter to the Chibok community recently, threatening to stage a come-back after the April 14 attack when over 200 schoolgirls were abducted.
Last week, some villages in neighbouring Adamawa State were attacked
by the insurgents during which no fewer than 10 persons were killed.