PDP Responds To Stoppage Of Salaries Of Judiciary Workers In Rivers State
Following confirmed stoppage of salaries of all Judiciary Staff in Rivers State by the State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Rivers State chapter unequivocally condemns this unpatriotic, selfish, crude, wicked and ill-conceived action, and therefore, urges all relevant authorities not to respect or take the directive seriously as it is done without respect of the law and in total defiance of the democratic principles.
The PDP rejects and vows not to allow this irresponsible action to take effect, and calls on all concerned to discontinuance such directive.
Below, is a reference and statement of the directive from the Rivers State Government:
'RST/9051/VOL.11/44 5th June, 2014
The General Manager,
Zenith Bank Plc.,
Plot 1/2 Presidential Estate,
Aba Road, Port Harcourt.
Stoppage of May, 2014 Salaries of All Staff of Rivers State Judiciary
Sequel to the directive of His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Rivers State, we write to request your bank to stop May, 2014 salaries of all staff of Rivers State Judiciary till further notice.
Your strict compliance in this respect is solicited, please.
Ngozi Y. Abu KSC Dagogo R. Abere
Accountant-General Director Treasury
1. You better believe.
2. These are the words by which Governor Rotimi Amaechi directed that payment of the salaries of all Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary be stopped indefinitely.
3. It does not matter whether the Staff concerned is a cleaner, driver, security guard, clerical officer, steward, cook etc. All staff of the Rivers State Judiciary must pay for the sins of the National Judicial Council insisting on constitutionality and independence in the administration of the Rivers State Judiciary, the last hope of the common man.
4. The Peoples Democratic Party, Rivers State Chapter, has said it before, and we reiterate that the Governor Chibuike Amaechi Government in Rivers State is devilish, Godless, soulless, completely deranged, devoid of compassion and focus. We take comfort that as you read this Governor Amaechi and his wicked Government are on the way out of our lives. May 29, 2015 is their terminal date.
5. We call on all the Good People of Rivers State to pray fervently for this yoke of perfidy to pass by us quickly.
6. Governor Rotimi Amaechi, we ask you:
a. What did the hapless Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary do to you?
b. Did the Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary advice you to appoint Honourable Justice P. N. C. Agumagu, the suspended President of the Rivers State Customary Court of Appeal as the acting Chief Judge of Rivers State in contravention of section 271(4) of the 1999 Constitution?
c. Were the Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary whom you now deny their salaries responsible for the February 19, 2014 shameful judicial annulment (by the Federal High Court Port Harcourt) of your unconstitutional appointment of suspended Honourable Justice P. N. C. Agumagu as the acting Chief Judge of Rivers State?
d. Did the Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary advice you to swear in disgraced Honourable Justice P. N. C. Agumagu as the substantive Chief Judge of Rivers State in contravention of section 271(1) of the 1999 Constitution?
e. Are these men and women whose salaries you have stopped regardless of its effect on their families and dependants responsible for Honourable Justice P. N. C. Agumagu's disgrace and suspension from Judicial Office by the National Judicial Council because he allowed himself to be used by you to violate the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in a most reprehensible manner?
f. Did these men and women do anything to you when you decided to appoint one and the same person as both the President of the Rivers State Customary Court of Appeal and the Chief Judge of Rivers State, the first time such travesty has ever occurred in Nigeria's judicial history?
g. Did these men and women whom you now so callously punish not go about their lawful duties all be it in quiet and painful indignation at your madness?
h. Are the Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary to be blamed for the National Judicial Council's intervention in line with their constitutional power and duty to restore the smooth administration of the machinery of justice in Rivers State which you so strenuously seek to subvert?
i. Must these sons and daughters of Rivers State perish in your hands because they volunteered to serve their fatherland as Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary?
j. Must the baby and the bath water be thrown away?
7. Governor Amaechi, tell the whole world why you must vent your characteristic wickedness on hapless persons who have in no way offended you just because you have the power to stop salaries.
8. Most of these men and women whom you now punish are the same people who voted for the Peoples Democratic Party thereby voting you into office even though you have abandoned their mandate while unscrupulously and immorally occupying the seat which their mandate gave you.
9. The whole world can now BELIEVE the Peoples Democratic Party when we refer to Governor Rotimi Amaechi as a crazed despot, devoid of any democratic principles and determined to appropriate Rivers State as his personal serfdom and all its residents as his serfs.
10. Governor Amaechi achieved this with the Rivers State House of Assembly which has renamed itself by conduct as 'Amaechi House of Assembly'. He cannot rename the Rivers State Judiciary where all our hopes against his tyranny is preserved 'Amaechi Judiciary'.
11. The Peoples Democratic Party, Rivers State Chapter, uses this medium to reassure the Staff of the Rivers State Judiciary that it would use all lawful means to reverse this SATANIC DIRECTIVE of Governor Rotimi Amaechi that their salaries should no longer be paid.
12. The Peoples Democratic Party, Rivers State Chapter, makes bold to say that it would stand firmly behind the workers of the Rivers State Judiciary and indeed all workers in Rivers State in any action they intend to take to challenge Governor Amaechi's satanic directive.
13. The Peoples Democratic Party, Rivers State Chapter, uses this opportunity to remind the good people of Rivers State that NOTHING GOOD can ever emanate from the stable of Governor Amaechi and his cohorts. They do not mean well for Rivers State and Rivers People. Governor Amaechi and his group can never protect our welfare as Rivers People and residents of Rivers State. All Governor Amaechi knows how to do and does best is to INFLICT PAIN and MORE PAIN.
14. But we assure the People of Rivers State and all persons resident in Rivers State that the Peoples Democratic Party shall overcome in Rivers State. Your hopes shall be restored. Your endeavours rewarded abundantly.
15. NEVER AGAIN SHALL WE BE SLAVES IN OUR OWN LAND.
Special Adviser, Media
To Rivers State PDP Chairman,
Bro. Felix Obuah
Friday, June 6, 2014....