TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center


By Ibrahim-Gwamna Mshelizza
Listen to article

Gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram terrorists invaded Kamuya village of Biu local government area of Borno state, killing 24 people, while houses and shops were razed.

A resident of the area, Audu Ishaku told our correspondent that the gunmen came at about 9:00 am and waylaid vehicles that are plying the Biu-Damaturu road killing 24 people on sunday morning.

He said 'the insurgents who came on motorcycles started shooting sporadically in the air, setting houses ablaze before waylaying traders that are going to Miringa market ."

He said 21 of of those killed are passersby's, while only three of resident were killed in the attack adding that the gunmen after killing the people fled the area before the arrival of security operatives.

Another resident, who does not want his name in print told our correspondent that some minutes afters the attacked, 5 military vehicle and members of Civilian JTF rushed to the area but before getting there the terrorists had left and that they promised to persue them.

He said the whole village has run to Mringa or Buratai town for their safety and that only aged people and children were left behind.

A dirver who narrowly escaped ,Idi Ajauna said that the terrorist have taken over the whole bushes of Mangada and the surrounding committing their atrocities with impunity, adding that the security operatives know their camps and hideouts in the bushes and village but they don't want to attack them, which is why it paves way for them to plan and even launch more attacks.

'It is unfortunate that the military operative knows their camps and hideouts, because we have been informing them but it seems government is not serious about the fighting insurgency that is claiming the lives of innocent citizens,' Ajauna stated.

He said the insurgents have taken over the bushes of Mangada, Buratai, Talla, Ajigin, Gunda, Garubula, Bera, Dadinkowa Wuyaku and Burashika and that they have reported to security operatives, but nothing has been done.

Efforts to get the police public relation Officer, DSP Gideon Jibrin for confirmation yeided no result, as his phone was switched off at the time of filling in this report.