How to Export an OST to a PST If File is Orphaned or Corrupted?
Get cleared about how to export an OST to a PST file by executing offline corrupted OST recovery. Follow required steps to open Orphaned OST file in Microsoft Outlook through PST format. Carry out the simplest OST to PST conversion process and regain precious data that you have lost. Only, this is the convenient way to access data from corrupted, damaged, orphaned and inaccessible OST files. All corruption scenarios and possible ways to cope them are discussed here. Read the entire blog to dig up
What is the Disparity in Orphaned and Corrupted OST file?
This is a big query for MS Exchange users that what kinds of offline Exchange mailboxes are identified as Orphaned OST file and what kinds of offline mailboxes are recognized as damaged or corrupted OST file. Get the explanation for both of queries:
1) Orphaned OST file: An orphaned OST file means a file that is disconnected or away from Exchange server and MS Outlook. Some common cases result as Orphaned OST file are:
a) Whenever user create a new profile or modified the current profile at that time OST file gets Orphaned.
b) Disconnection of Microsoft Exchange server is another case due to which .ost file gets Orphaned.
c) If user change default location of OST file then file cannot be open and become orphaned.
2) Corrupted OST file: A damaged OST file means a file turn into inaccessible or unhealthy mode. A lot of reasons may be behind OST file corruption such as:
a) Disconnection of Exchange server is a common reason because when Exchange server crashed or stops working that time OST moves in unhealthy or corrupted state.
b) Virus attack, sudden power failure or any internal issues can harm your offline exchange mailboxes and also it may be corrupt the file.
c) Sometimes few software and hardware related issues may be reasons behind the OST file corruption.
How to Export an OST to a PST File Manually?
If you have deleted your profile or Exchange server connectivity fails then follow these steps to export offline OST file to PST format
1) Create a new profile with same MAPI details (same MAPI details are required to open OST file)
2) Now open OST file with new created profile
3) Go to file menu >> Import Export option >> Export to a file
4) Select Personal File (.pst) >> Click NEXT >> Provide storage location
In case if user create a new profile and want to open their precious OST file that time they can do one thing
1) The very first step is properly close the MS Outlook program
2) Rename previous OST file as the same name as new OST file
3) Replace new created OST file with renamed OST file
But if user change location or file name at that time MS Outlook shows errors. To open that file follow given below steps
1) Put the same name of OST file
2) Place your OST file in same location
Note: All the above manual methods are useful to open orphaned OST file. But in case of OST file corruption, an appropriate solution is required to fix issues.
External Solution to Export Offline OST to PST Format!
An easy to use OST Recovery App can be use to fix OST files from all corruption cases. It is developed using a lot of advance algorithm that completely help users to get access over corrupted or inaccessible OST file data. Few other unique and beneficial functions are available in this application that help users to explain how to convert an OST file to a PST file.