Impeach Imo Speaker Rt Hon Ben Uwajumogu
The Youths Against Human Rights Violation And Corrupt Practices (YAHVCP) has opened an online impeach Imo Speaker petition. Sign the 'Impeach Uwajumogu ' petition now at http://famouspeoplenews.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/impeach-imo-speaker-rt-hon-ben-uwajumogu-online-petition/ and make your voice heard.
YAHVCP is calling on the Imo House of Assembly to impeach the Speaker of the House Rt Hon Benjamin Uwajumogu immediately due to the plethora of scandals and long train of abuses of legislative power which has made him unfit both to lead the House and serve as the number 3 citizen of Imo State. Since his election as Speaker in 2011, Rt Hon Benjamin Uwajumogu has embarked on a mission to undermine the Constitution of Nigeria while attacking the freedoms and liberties of the people of Imo State. The evidence of Uwajumogu's failed policies and leadership are impossible to ignore. So we are demanding that the duly elected members of the Imo House of Assembly should take immediate action to remove Uwajumogu from office in order to prevent him from doing further harm to Imo State with the following reasons :
1. In line with his neo-liberal laws in the House he literally supported the abandon of public education in Imo State
2. He supported the sack of 10,000 Imo Youths from the Imo Civil Service
3. He supported the sale of government owned hospitals and properties in the State .
4. He abandoned his responsibilities as Speaker to award road contracts to himself via his friends and to inexperienced contractors in Imo State.
5. He also delved into road construction in Imo State while retaining his position as Speaker with his company Werdis Limited
6. The abnormal legislative function of the office of the Speaker has led to the award of road contracts to inexperienced, ill equipped and non-challant emergency contractors. The resultant effect is the execution of shoddy road jobs in our state Imo
7. Aides of the Speaker were equally awarded road contracts, namely; (1) Mr. Dan Orji (special Adviser on inter-governmental matters) (2) Mr. Emeka Ahaneku 3.Mr Kodichi Anamekwe (using fronts)
8. Also, friends of the leadership of the office of the Speaker who were residing abroad were asked to return home, which they did and road contract jobs were given to them as fronts even though they never had any experience in road contract assignment
9. Road contracts were awarded to these inexperienced contractors on the condition that asphalt materials are procured from a particular plant located along Onitsha road Owerri and owned by the Speaker of Imo state House of Assembly which was established few months after he emerged Speaker
10. Through various manipulations in award of road contracts, state funds running into Billions of naira were diverted and used by the Rt. Honourable Speaker to acquire eye popping properties scattered across the country and abroad such as 750 million naira private hotel in Lagos, 500 million naira private hotel in Abuja, Jasmin Hotel Owerri,15 mansions in Owerri, mansions at Aba, Umuahia and Ihitte -Uboma, 200 plots of land in Owerri, Built an Asphalt factory in Owerri, Built a 760 Million naira crush rock industry in Ebonyi State
11. Rt Hon Benjamin Uwajumogu is fighting against activists who have condemned his massive looting of the State and has labeled them blackmailers and never do wells including using police to harass them
12. Used Imo House of Assembly money to fund private businesses and NGOs of his sister, Dr. (Mrs.) Chidinma Uwajumogu.
13. Converted the Imo State Liaison Office Abuja into his personal property. The Imo State government reportedly 'leased' out the five floor state liaison office for 20 years to him at the sum of N70,000,000 million
14. the same Imo Speaker who could not fund his House of Assembly election in April 2011 to the extent that he allegedly sold some of his father's property and even borrowed some money to fund his election is building eye popping mansions all over.
15. He set up a Kangaroo Panel to investigate allegations against him with his bossom friend Hon Ikenna Emeh as Chairman
16. One of the kangaroo panelists Hon (Dr) Acho Ihim was indicted on the 23rd of January 2006 for gross misconduct resulting to the misappropriation and embezzlement of N48,269,274.29k when he was Executive Chairman of Okigwe Local Government Area. He was indicted by a six man panel set up then
17. The kangaroo panelist are allegedly involved in road contract scams in the state as have been published in many Newspapers and on the Internet.
18. The Governor of Imo State confirmed that Speakers Aides Mr. Kodichi Anamekwe (Speakers Chief of Staff) and Mr. Dan Orji (Speakers Special Adviser on inter-governmental matters) stole and pocketed the sum of N18,000,000.00 and over N50,000,000.00 respectively being funds meant for construction of roads at Ehime Mbano and Ihitte/Uboma LGAs. The Governor has already ordered for their arrest
19. Speaker did not step aside before setting up a panel to investigate him thereby acting as a judge over his own matter.
20. Sponsored facebook boys (Who were mobilized on Friday 28/03/2014 at the BAR - section of ROCKVIEW HOTELS OWERRI) by Speakers Media Aide, Emeka Ahameku) to cast aspersion on anti corruption activists who condemned his looting of Imo State.
21. Threatened Activists who condemned his looting. He threatened that if they refuse to refute the allegations they will face the consequences.
22. YAHVCP has shown pictures of some of the mansions bought by the Speaker and his cohorts and mentioned some roads that Uwajumogu's company Werdis Limited poorly executed in the state via the below link http://famouspeoplenews.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/pictures-of-some-properties-fraudulently-acquired-by-imo-speaker-and-some-other-house-members-part-one/
23. We say that this congenital corruption endemic in the Imo House of Assembly along with its anti-poor, capitalist neo-liberal laws explains why the poor masses in Imo State suffer in the midst of abundance. Perhaps, more than any other periods in the annals of Imo , the state has received fabulous amounts from FG from sales of crude oil alone due to its increasing price. But the very neo-liberal economic policies and laws that entail privatization, commercialization, cuts in social spending as championed by Uwajumogu provided enabling condition for him and his rapacious ruling cabals to loot the huge but loose resources accrued to the state and transfer Imo public properties to themselves at give-away prices to the detriment of the poor working masses of the State.
24. YAHVCP will not keep silent and watch one percent Imo thieving elite accumulates 80 percent of the state oil money leaving the 99 percent of Imolites to scramble for share out of the remaining 20 percent. One man is making 3 billion naira to go puff into thin air. We are talking about 3 billion naira loot here and not 3 naira
25. Our proof are verifiable, concrete, with wonderful clues to guide and assist any unbiased inquirer and investigator.. We stand by our story that the Speaker has looted Imo dry and we are calling for his impeachment for corruption, high crimes and misdemeanors against the people of Imo State
Follow the link http://famouspeoplenews.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/impeach-imo-speaker-rt-hon-ben-uwajumogu-online-petition/ Simply complete the comment form below and click
Youths Against Human Rights Violation And Corrupt Practices (YAHVCP)