Who is Chief Willie Obiano?Obi re-appoints Obaze as SSG
Obi re-appoints Obaze as SSG
August 30, 2013 at 12:00 am
Written by Odogwu Emeka Odogwu
Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has re-appointed Oseloka Obaze as the Secretary to the State Government (SSG).
Obaze resigned on August 12 to contest the primaries of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA). He was disqualified alongside former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor Prof Chukwuma Soludo.
Obaze confirmed the news saying, “following my August 12 resignation and subsequent exit from the Anambra governorship race, I have been invited by Governor Peter Obi to return to service in my previous capacity as the Secretary to the State Government.
“After extensive discussions, I have accepted the governor's gracious offer of reappointment.”
The Nation learnt that Obi will be taking all political appointees to an executive retreat in Johannesburg, South Africa.
NewsReel August 28, 2013 - Anambra 2013 Election: Who is Chief Willie Obiano?
– Chief Willie Maduabuchi Obiano is APGA flag bearer in Anambra gubernatorial elections to hold on November 16, 2013, having won the primaries. He polled a total of 817 votes to clinch the party ticket; a total of 1072 delegates participated in the congress. There were seven aspirants cleared to contest the ticket by the party screening panel headed by Alhaji Tayo Sowunmi. Two of them withdrew from the race. Mr. Pat Obianwu withdrew from the race shortly before voting started, saying he stepped down for Chief Obiano and called on his supporters to vote for him. He said his decision to withdraw was to ensure APGA won the governorship election. Prince John Okechukwu Emeka withdrew by proxy shortly before the commencement of the election; he did not show up at the venue of the congress and did not give reasons for his withdrawal.
Chief Willie Maduabuchi Obiano Profile ( By Phil Chinwuba )
Chief Willie Maduabuchi Obiano holds a B.Sc. Second Class Upper in Accounting from Unilag (1979) and an MBA in Marketing also from same university. Chief Willie Obiano is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
Chief Willie Obiano was John F. Kennedy Essay Winner 1974 at CKC and holds a national Merit Certificate for outstanding service during his NYSC(National Youth Service Corps) in Benue State, Nigeria in the 1979/80 Service Year. Chief Willie Obiano is the President AMP8 (Advance Management Programme) of Lagos Business School for Ten years running. Chief Willie Obiano is also a 2006 BNV (Building New Ventures) CLASS member of Harvard Business School, Boston USA, also Standard University.
He is the Patron, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (Lagos Mainland District) and National Youth Council of Nigeria, Anambra East Chapter.
He is also Patron of the following Catholic Groups:
1. St. Anthony of Padua.
2. Catholic Artistes and Entertainers Association of Nigeria.
3. Catholic Women Association, Aguleri
4. Priests and Rev. Sisters of Aguleri Origin.
5. Missionary of St. Paul's Society.
6. Catholic Women's Organization, Our Lady Queen of Peace, Ifako, Gbagada.
7. National Youth Council of Nigeria, Anambra East Chapter.
8. Catholic Laity Council of Nigeria, Onitsha Archdiocese.
9. Grand Pillar ST Gerald Catholic Church.
His community, Aguleri, conferred on Chief Willie Obiano and his wife in year 2000, separate chieftaincy titles for distinguished service. Chief Willie Obiano is currently the president of Aguleri Council of Chiefs.
On January 2nd 2011, Chief Willie Obiano and his wife Chief Mrs. E V Obiano were adopted into the cabinet chief, Igwe-in council of the Idigo dynasty of the ancient kingdom of AGULERI. This high Chief investiture made Chief Mrs. E V Obiano, the only female in the hundred and twenty years Idigo dynasty, to be so honoured. They were also conferred as The Otunba Atayese and Erelu Atayese by Oba David Adegboyega Oyewumi (Faseemi ll) Obadu of Ilemeso- Ekiti.
Chief Willie Obiano started his banking career as Officer in First Bank in 1981 from where he moved to Texaco Nigeria Plc as Accountant. Chief Willie Obiano was promoted 4 times in his eight-and-half-year-service at Texaco to become Chief Internal Auditor. Chief Willie Obiano is a specialist in Bunkering, Lube-blending and Refinery Audits. Chief Willie Obiano was part of the team that audited Texaco Refinery in Rotterdam, Netherlands in 1989.
Chief Willie Obiano joined Fidelity Bank from Texaco in 1991 as Deputy Manager and head of Audit. Chief Willie Obiano was promoted Manager in 1991, Assistant General Manager in 1993, Deputy General Manager in 2000 and General Manager in 2002 and Executive Director in October, 2003. Between 1991 and 2002, Chief Willie Obiano headed the following Groups, Divisions, at one point or another:
Inspection and Audit; Operations and Information Technology; Division Head, Commercial & Consumer Banking; Division Head, Eastern Market. Other areas include Financial Control, Risk Management and Transaction Support, Corporate Finance, and Non Bank Financial Institutions.
Chief Willie Obiano was part of the great team that saw Fidelity Bank through the Bank's Consolidation process.
Chief Willie Obiano is a no nonsense tactician that you cannot miss in a crowd.
As Executive Director of the Mega Fidelity Bank (and No. 2 man), Chief Willie Obiano is in charge of Business Banking (Corporate Banking, Non Bank Financial Institutions, Treasury, (Naira and Foreign Exchange, Oil & Gas, Telecom & Food and Beverages, Transport and Aviation). All the Regional Managers of the bank report through him to the MD/CEO.
Chief Willie Obiano has attended numerous banking courses including the following:
Credit & Trade Services Course - Citi Bank, New York (1994)
Treasury and Money Market - NatWest, London (1996)
Emerging Market Course - FIM Bank, Malta (2002)
Managing Integration Process - Houston Texas 2006.
Chief Willie Obiano is married with a beautiful daughter and a young son. More about Chief Willie Obiano would be revealed as we go into the campaign.
APGA governorship candidate for Nov 16 2013 election.
COURTESY OF APGA UK
VOTE CHIEF WILLY OBIANO FOR ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNOR