Festus Keyamo Convenes 'Delta Forces United' To Stop The Dynasty Of Thieves In Delta State
Lawyer, critic and social crusader, Mr. Festus Keyamo, has teamed up with others to launch a socio-political organization in Delta, his home State, called the Delta Forces United.
According to a press statement by Henry Ukusare, the Protem Secretary of the organization, the new body aims to make useful contributions to social-political issues concerning Delta State.
Inviting Deltans, residents of the State, Deltans in the Diaspora and friends of Delta State to join in the endeavor, the statement said that membership is open to everyone, especially those who believe in the organizations objectives and principles, as follows:
1. That the only way to discover a new leadership for Delta State is not by promoting leadership on the narrow platform of any ethnic group.
2. That the political future of Delta State rests squarely in the hands of the people of Delta State and not in the hands of a selfish few who have always decided the political future of Delta State and her people.
3. That the only way to return Delta State to the people is through mass mobilisation and mass participation in the political process and not by cynicism, despondency and political abstinence.
4. That the culture of making ‘political leaders’ and ‘godfathers’ out of those who only dole out money to a selfish few to secure political support is the root cause of underdevelopment of the State.
5. To develop a comprehensive blueprint for the reconstruction and development of Delta State.
6. That the only way to develop Delta State from her present position to a frontline State with the huge resources at our disposal is not to continue on the part of impulsive leadership with questionable past and character, but to insist on a new leadership with a transparent past, proven track record of service to the people and the fear of God.
7. That the urgent reconstruction and development of our State by a trusted and competent leader is far more compelling and important than the insistence on future leadership emerging from a particular ethnic group.
Further details are available at the organization's website: www.deltaforcesunited.wordpress.com, the statement said.