TEN REASONS WHY GOV MIMIKO IS UNSTOPPABLE
Has a history of a pace setter in public office. Has established first-of-its-kind enduring legacies in the health sector such as Health Rangers Scheme, Festival of Surgery, Mother and Child Hospitals , Gani Fawehinmi Diagnostic Health Centre, Trauma and Emergency Services, Abiye Safe Motherhood programme.
• Has taken education from the pit to a greater height through world-class Caring Heart Mega and Model Schools, free uniforms for pupils, Quality Education Assurance Scheme, payment of Scholarships and Bursary.
• Once upon a time motorways called roads are now worth their names such as the 36 year-old Oba Adesida- Oyemekun – FUTA Junction, Fiwasaye-Oba Ile-Airport, Itanla-Ademulegun-Yaba, Akure – Ogbese – Owo, Arakale and Owo Township Dualization as well as payment of full compensation to owners of affected houses before actual construction works.
• Has completed over 400 community development projects under the 3is Initiative Programme within three years in office.
• The Urban Renewal Programme has turned the outward look of Akure to a true state capital as well as other towns across the state with the numerous Caring Heart Neighbourhood Markets, International Auto Mart, Mechanic Village , Arakale Shopping Complex.
• Has given the industrial and commercial sectors a new face by completing the 25 year-old abandoned Tomato Factory, Alpha 3D Company, creating the Ore Sunshine City, the N2 billion Micro Credit Loan Scheme, the N2 billion Bank of Industry Loan.
• Started aggressive wealth creation through the engagement of 15, 000 graduates working at the Agric Villages at Ore , Epe
• and Auga Akoko, establishment of Skills Acquisition Centres across the 18 local government areas and the State Volunteer Scheme.
• Currently paying its workers the highest minimum wage of N22, 000 in Nigeria, the only state paying 50 % basic salary as end-of-year bonus since 2009, settled the entire backlog of N1.4 billion of retirement benefits without owing any pensioner till date, won the National Productivity Day award for the first time since Ondo State creation 36 years ago.
• Awards and Commendations from the World Bank, Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Nigeria, Zik Leadership, Nigerian Union of Journalists, FUTA, Global Excellence, The News of the People, Nigerian Tribune have said it all.