9 Persons Slain In Maiduguri
MAIDUGURI, July 02, (THEWILL) – Nine (9) constructions workers Monday had their throats slit by the Boko Haram although the Joint Task Force (JTF) code named Operation Restore Order in a release said four persons were killed.
JTF Spokesman, Lt. Colonel Sagir Musa said the slain workers were working at the Shehu of Borno Central Mosque when the assailants struck at about 01.45am, adding that the JTF was alerted at about 06.05 am.
A senior military source told THEWILL that nine persons were slaughtered by members of the radical sect during the early morning attack.
Lt. Colonel Musa, said the victims were residing in a compound in the troubled city’s Bolori area. He said soldiers found their bodies when they arrived at the scene of the massacre and took them to a morgue attached to the Borno State Specialist Hospital.
The Boko Haram has not claimed responsibility for the attack.
Nigeria’s new NSA, Colonel Sambo Dasuki, last week during a tour to neighbouring Yobe State assured residents of a lasting solution to the Boko Haram crisis.