TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

No Plans To Sack Federal Cabinet - Presidency

Source: thewillnigeria.com
Click for Full Image Size
Listen to article

SAN FRANCISCO, April 1, (THEWILL) – President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will not dissolve the Federal Executive Council (FEC) as being speculated in some media reports, THEWILL can authoritatively report.

A top Presidential aide who asked not to be named because he is not authorized to comment publicly on the issue told THEWILL over the weekend that President Jonathan has no plans of dissolving the federal cabinet, adding that the President is presently assessing all federal ministers independently in order to determine how well they have performed in their respective portfolios.

The senior aide further said the President might make some slight changes after his assessment if the need arises but completely ruled out the possibility of a cabinet dissolution.

“President Jonathan will not dissolve the Federal Executive Council as being reported in some newspapers. The President I know does not work that way. He will only make changes in areas where the Ministers have not delivered on the mandate given to them,” the aide stated.

In the last eight weeks, some local newspapers have sensationally published reports alerting of a cabinet dissolution, which has so far failed to occur. The reports have instead created anxiety amongst some federal ministers and Special Advisors to the President who have barely spent one year in office.