Open Letter to Senator Tinubu On 2015 Presidential Election
Chief Obafemi Awolowo was imprisoned on trumped-up charges by Hausa Fulani controlled Federal Government of Nigeria [FGN] because they could not manipulate him. However, following the rebellion by Eastern Region against FGN and likely secession of Western Region from Nigeria, Chief Awolowo was released from prison and appointed Federal Commissioner of Finance and Vice Chairman of Federal Executive Council [FEC]. Because of Chief Awolowo's sincere and selfless contributions to the fatherland, Western Region did not secede and the Civil War was brought to an end earlier than it would have been without him. But when General Mohammed overthrew General Gowon in 1975, he dropped Chief Awolowo as Federal Commissioner of Finance and abolished the office of Vice Chairman of FEC. The question is, if the military could work with a civilian Vice Chairman of FEC during the civil war, what genuine excuse did late General Mohammed have to abolish it after the civil war? Next to this was the barefaced rigging of 1979 presidential elections by FGN in favour of a Fulani Grade 2 teacher, Alhaji Shehu Shagari. In summary, Hausa Fulani politicians jailed Chief Awolowo on trumped-up charges because they could not manipulate him, they later released him from jail so that he could assist them to keep Nigeria united for them to plunder her resources and finally dumped him unceremoniously the moment they achieved their aim.
2. During Alhaji Shehu Shagari's administration, Chief MKO Abiola used his Concord Newspapers to relentlessly denigrate Chief Awolowo while singing praises of President Shagari's government to high heavens. However, when Chief Abiola wanted to contest for presidential ticket against Alhaji Shagari on NPN platform, he was derisively advised to forget it because, according to Alhaji Umaru Dikko, 'presidency is not for sale'. During Babangida's transition program, he won the presidential elections on the platform of SDP, but was disallowed from exercising the mandate because he was not a core north Muslim. His attempts to claim the mandate led to his unlawful imprisonment and mysterious death in prison. As if these were not enough, his wife, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was also assassinated.
3. General Olusegun Obasanjo reluctantly assumed power as a military Head of State following assassination of General Mohammed. He knew that if he should openly express interest to replace late General Mohammed, core north military officers would definitely waste him. During this period, real executive powers were exercised by Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, late General Shehu Yar' Adua. As a nominal Head of State, General Obasanjo presided over state sponsored manipulations of the presidential elections and Judiciary in favour of Alhaji Shehu Shagari in 1979. Following the death of Chief MKO Abiola in prison and the need to pacify your people, core north reached out for Chief Obasanjo, believing that they would be able to manipulate him as before. They first wanted to assassinate him to pave way for his Vice, Alhaji Abubakar Atiku to takeover power. However, they decided to test likely response of your people by spreading rumors of his assassination. Core north was shocked to note that your people were solidly behind Chief Obasanjo, though they did not vote for him. Their plan to impeach him was also vehemently resisted by your people. In their misguided determination to disgrace Chief Obasanjo out of office, core north introduced Sharia Laws in their states and this led to massive destruction of lives and properties of Christians in the north. Consequently, Muslims and Christians do not trust each other and there is no major town in the north today that both Muslims and Christians live together in peace.
A contingent of the army of old Oyo Empire under the command of Aare-Ona Kakanfo Afonja was dispatched to Ilorin to protect Igbomina Yoruba people against Nupe slave raiders by Alafin Aole. Afonja later rebelled against the Alafin and declared Ilorin independent of old Oyo empire. In order to sustain his independence, he invited a Fulani charm maker, Sheik Shehu Alimi to relocate to Ilorin from Kuwa so that he could benefit from the Sheik's spiritual powers. He recruited slaves from everywhere, including old Oyo Empire into his army and granted them enormous powers because he believed the slaves would be more loyal to him than his soldiers. However, Aare-Ona Kakanfo Afonja was later murdered by the slaves when he tried to bring them under his control. When Sheik Alimi died, he was succeeded by his son, Abdul Salami. With the support of the slaves that killed Aare Ona Kakanfo Afonja, Abdul Salami eliminated all perceived obstacles to his ambition to transform Ilorin into an Emirate. In 1823, he declared Ilorin an Emirate, installed himself as the Emir and pledged allegiance to Sokoto Caliphate. Today, none of your people can become Emir of Ilorin, and their traditional rulers are under the Emir, a descendant of itinerant Fulani charm maker because of Afonja's treachery and inordinate ambition.
5. The real APC's presidential candidate for 2015 presidential election will be either Buhari, Kwankwarso or Abubakar Atiku, all Hausa Fulani Muslims. Amongst these three crown princes of APC, you prefer General Buhari [rtd] with yourself as the VP. Sir, have you made any genuine effort to know the 'man' General Buhari [rtd]? As Head of State, General Buhari [rtd] promulgated Decree 4 to cage press freedom because he felt the press wrongly accused him of stealing billions of US Dollars as a Petroleum Minister. He also promulgated a retroactive Decree which he used to execute Mr Bathlomew Owo and two others by firing squad for an offence they committed even before he became Head of State. In his interview in 2013 with Desert Herald, a Kaduna based Weekly, he promised never to either forget or forgive Chief Obasanjo for undisclosed reasons. In his penchant to burn fingers that feed him, he planned to court marshal General Babangida on trumped-up charges even though it was General Babangida who installed him the Head of State after risking his life to topple the Shagari's government. After the military coup, ex President Shehu Shagari, a Fulani Muslim like him, was placed under a house arrest in a well furnished Guest House with unfettered access to good things of life while the ex Vice Presdident, Dr Alex Ekweme, a Christian of Igbo extraction was dumped in Kiri Kiri maximum security prison with common criminals. Sir, it may interest you to note that the Buharis regard the rest Nigerians as 'infidels', all Yoruba Muslims inclusive. As the Chairman of PTF, over 70% of all major projects successfully executed by PTF were located in North West Geopolitical Zone. He ordered National Security Organisation [NSO] to kidnap Alhaji Umaru Dikko in London and bring him dead or alive to Lagos. Is it proper for anyone to borrow N27.5 million from a Bank without collateral and invest the whole money in politics as he did?
6. Sir, you are the undisputed kingmaker in APC and all core north politicians look up to you for direction and favour. You used this leverage to force Kwankwarso to install the disgraced Governor of Central Bank , Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the Emir of Kano. Driven by hatred for the Obasanjos and desire to emerge as the leader of your people, you masterminded the installation of Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal as Speaker of Federal House of Representatives, thereby denying your people the post zoned to them by PDP. You joined forces with Hausa Fulani Muslims, the most conservative ethnic group in Nigeria to form a political party, APC, whose only objective is to wrest power from President Jonathan at any cost.
7. Sir, as you enjoy the ride on tiger's back and crying more than the bereaved, please always note that one day the tiger will do the 'needful'. I have made some efforts above to draw your attention to what Hausa Fulani people did to your people on more than three instances. You may wish to find time out of your very busy schedules to ponder over these questions. Why did core north military officers install Lieutenant Colonel Yakubu Gowon as the Head of State instead of the most senior military officer then from the south in line with military tradition? What led to Chief Obafemi Awolowo's imprisonment? What led to Chief MKO Abiola's imprisonment and subsequent death in prison? What were the reasons behind the creation of Mid-Western Region and Ekiti State from Western Region and Ondo State respectively? What led to the transformation of Ilorin to an Emirate. Why is it that all Yoruba traditional rulers in Kwara state are under the Emir of Ilorin, a descendant of itinerant Fulani charm maker? Why was Oyo Empire moved southwards to its present location? What was the cardinal reason that propelled General Babangida to overthrow Major General Buhari? Sir, no successful leader ignores lessons learnt from history.
In Julius Caesar written by Williams Shakespeare, Julius Caesar ignores warnings from a soothsayer and Artemidorus because of arrogance. He thinks nothing can hurt him because he, 'Caesar', is more dangerous than danger. This 'greater than thou' attitude of Julius Caesar leads to his assassination by Brutus and his fellow conspirators. Sir, here is a portion from Artemidorus's letter to Julius Caesar for your necessary actions ' THERE IS BUT ONE MIND IN ALL THESE MEN……..IF THOU BEEST NOT IMMORTAL, LOOK ABOUT YOU, SECURITY GIVES WAY TO CONSPIRACY' . Apart from these Hausa Fulani politicians, there are many credible northerners APC can field as its presidential candidate in 2015 and Sam Nda-Isaiah is one of them. I doubt if you will give this a serious thought because Sam Nda-Isaiah is a Christian. Please learn from what Hausa Fulani Muslims did to Aare Ona Kakanfo Afonja, Chief Awolowo and Chief MKO Abiola just to mention a few and adjust accordingly. Sir, if you decide to ignore this advice, please be prepared to go into self exile again if General Buhari [rtd] becomes president of Nigeria because he will definitely use you to demonstrate his resolve to fight corruption. Security gives way to conspiracy, Senator Tinubu, be wise and watch your back.
Dr Deborah Nelson
The post Open Letter to Senator Tinubu On 2015 Presidential Election appeared first on Pointblank News .