PDP UNCOVERS ATTEMPT BY AMAECHI TO MOVE RSHA TO GOVT HOUSE
The attention of the Rivers State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has been drawn to a directive by the State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, directing few members of the Rivers State House of Assembly loyal to him to move the Rivers State House of Assembly to Government House, Port Harcourt.
The Governor also directed few law makers loyal to him, to commence sitting at Government House, Port Harcourt and consider the 2014 appropriation bill and a motion to reject recommendations of the National Judicial Council, NJC, on the appointment of a substantive Chief Judge of Rivers State, amongst others.
The PDP humbly submits the following in this regard:
(1) The Rivers State House of Assembly, RSHA, has not been moved to anywhere, not even the Rivers State Government House, Port Harcourt and it remains at its permanent site, along Moscow Road, Port Harcourt.
(2) The directive by Governor Rotimi Amaechi to move the RSHA under the pretext that repair works are still ongoing and it is not conducive for legislative businesses should be ignored and disregarded.
(3) Any sitting outside the hollow chambers of RSHA by law makers loyal to Rotimi Amaechi, is unconstitutional, illegal, criminal and a slap on the face of democracy.
(4) All decisions taken at Government House and or any other place outside the Hallow Chambers of the Rivers State House of Assembly, RSHA, by law makers loyal to Governor Rotimi Amaechi, purporting to be a decision and or resolution of the RSHA are illegal, unconstitutional, criminal and of no effect.
(5) It is also pertinent to note that it would be eminently illegal, unwise and criminal for Governor Rotimi Amaechi to contemplate and or direct the moving of the RSHA to government house Port Harcourt.
(6) It should be pointed out that, the PDP shall resist such move and also make it very impossible for such decisions and or resolutions arising from any sham sitting of the RHSA in government house Port Harcourt.
It is therefore apparent to warn Governor Rotimi Amaechi and his few beg and call law makers not to further indulge in issues that will continue to paint the State black and draw us backwards.
SA, on Media to
State PDP Chairman
Sunday January 5, 2014