TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

We won't drop Biafra for Igbo Presidency - Biafra Nations Youth League

By Biafra Nations Youth League

Biafra Nations Youth League, BNYL, has stated that the struggle for Biafra will continue even if Nigeria decides to allow President of Igbo extraction. The BNYL said the demands for a separate state of Biafra remains sacrosanct, adding that most members and followers of the Organisation are not from the South-east.

Speaking on behalf of the group, the Secretary General of BNYL, Ordu Jeoffrey Nwosoiba said that the people of the region have sacrificed alot for Biafra that it is no longer possible to drop the agenda for Igbo Presidency. Continuing he said "though we are not a hiderance to Igbo Presidency but it should be noted that even after Igbo Presidency Biafra will not die".

Nwosoiba, an Ekpeye born agitator of Ahoada East, Rivers State boasted that the group has large followership especially in the South-south geopolitical zone. He disclosed that all those who were arrested at Bayelsa junction on their way to inauguration of Biafra National Council, BNC, officitiated by Chief Dokubo Asari on 17th August 2019 were all indigenes of Rivers State, Cross River and Akwa Ibom. He lamented that it will be too difficult for them to adopt Igbo Presidency instead of Biafra which is our right.

Nwosoiba admited that his people are Igbo speaking but are yet to be fully intergrated into Igbo union due to identity crisis in Rivers State caused by the civil war. According to him, majority of the Ekpeye youths have qued behind the Biafra Nations Youth League to project their interest in Biafra.

Your Comment

Ozodinobi Orugo | 10/9/2019 7:21:00 AM
Brother, you just spoke a very simple truth. Any thing, plan, agreement, or what else can it be called, is a complete RUSE. It is too late to start talking of Igbo presidency. The people we are talking with have no love for one another.There is nothing like one Nigeria. We have suffered enough. If God has not been wit5h us the Easterners, we would have all died. Keep up the spirit and enlighten others who do not know. I schooled in PortHarcourt, and Ahoada was my first station where I worked in the civil service. I feel so bad remembering how we suffered to keep things together, and now the unity, friendship, etc have been destroyed. God help us!!
Riot Fiftythousand | 10/9/2019 1:34:00 PM
Nigeria a Zoo. Igbos were born free and thrive soaring like an Eagle. There is NOTHING to live for under the Parasitic, head hunting, illiterate and Terroristic North, the most primitive Tribes in Africa armed by Britain to keep Africa dark forever. Biafra or death. To hell with Britain.