TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

Life Beer kicks off 2017 Progress Booster with increased grant to entrepreneurs

By Red Media Africa

Following the successes recorded at the 2016 edition of Life Progress Booster, the entrepreneurial radio show that supports upcoming businesses in South-East Nigeria, sponsor, Life Continental Lager Beer has announced plans to support 200 entrepreneurs with N300, 000 each, up from the N250, 000 it presented to individual entrepreneurs in 2016.

The brand made the announcement on Sunday, April 23, 2017 at the El Dorado Hotels & Event Centre, Aba where its first set of 30 beneficiaries received N300, 000 each to support their businesses.

“Progress Booster is a programme we started to support the people of the South-east who have great and innovative business ideas to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit of the people. Last year we empowered 200 entrepreneurs. Our goal for 2017 is to increase the prize money to N300,000 and financially enable 200 entrepreneurs through the Progress Booster platform,” said Idowu Adeshina, Regional Trade Marketing Manager Aba Nigerian Breweries Plc, while addressing the audience at the event.

For the Aba grand presentation, 10 entrepreneurs were selected from those given the opportunity to present their business ideas to judges through a live interview at the venue.

Josiah Akinola, Assistant Brand Manager, Regional Mainstream Brands Nigerian Breweries Plc., also noted that Life Progress Booster Show is aimed at nurturing and encouraging entrepreneurs from the South-east, while also creating a platform for budding businessmen and women to present their proposals and transform their ideas to realities.

“The Progress Booster Show was initiated to raise more entrepreneurs and self-dependent individuals in South-east Nigeria. The average Igbo man is business inclined, and the region is known as an excellent environment for businesses,” Mr. Akinola said at the event. “Through the years, the Life Continental Beer brand has focused on empowering our consumers, and we have shown willingness and dedication to contribute to their successes and achievements.”

Guests at the event went home with consolation prizes such as bags of rice, gallons of oil, and many more exciting prizes from raffle draws.

Past winners shared testimonies of how monies won from the show have helped them grow their businesses. They further encouraged new winners to make good use of the support received from Life Progress Booster Show.

The radio programme airs on Hot 99.5 FM, Owerri every Saturday 7:30 – 8:30pm; Odenigbo 99.1 FM, Obosi every Friday 7:30 – 8:30pm; Family Love 103.9 FM, Umuahia every Saturday 7:30 – 8:30 PM and Solid 100.9 FM, Enugu every Friday 7:30 – 8:30pm.

Your Comment

Chigozie | 5/7/2017 9:26:00 AM
Goodmorning sir, my name is chigozie nnabugwu, am from umuele amaimo imo state. Am a song writter, i want to studio to collect two beat that ram my 2 tracks, but i don't have any money to record so plase sir i need help , my number hear is 08102385980 .
Chigozie | 5/7/2017 9:39:00 AM
Plase i need help, seen am looking for help i couldn't find, this is my best opportunity for me to become popular in life, nothing pass that, an i will not forget u people. Plase contact me on 08102385980.
Nnenna | 6/5/2017 5:54:00 PM
I love this help kudos to Life larger beer. I am talented in pastry and have been making snacks like chinchin, doughnuts, buns, cakes, popcorn etc. But am financially incapable to attain to my aspired height. I need the grant to support the already existing business.
NNABUGWU C MICHAEL | 6/10/2017 10:10:00 PM
Ekelem gi nnam ugwu, chukwu gozie unu dika unu si tinye uchu ihu na ihea n'adaba n'anya ya. aham bu Nnabugwu Chibuike michael, Abum nwa afo isiala ngwa north LGA Abia state, ma ebim na ubakala umuahia south LGA Abia state. Abum onye n'asara ndi madu akwa site ebe mu bi ma weghachiri ha ya n'ulo ha di iche iche. ugbua achorom kam nwete ulo oru ya na igwe eji asa akwa. chukwu gozie GI. 08039429003 08119112648
NNABUGWU C MICHAEL | 6/10/2017 | 6/12/2017 10:26:00 AM
Ekelem gi nnam ugwu, chukwu gozie unu dika unu si tinye uchu ihu na ihea n'adaba n'anya ya. aham bu Nnabugwu Chibuike michael, Abum nwa afo isiala ngwa north LGA Abia state, ma ebim na ubakala umuahia south LGA Abia state. Abum onye n'asara ndi madu akwa site ebe mu bi ma weghachiri ha ya n'ulo ha di iche iche. ugbua achorom kam nwete ulo oru ya na igwe eji asa akwa. chukwu gozie GI. 08039429003 08119112648 Reply
Mbogu Victor | 6/14/2017 2:09:00 PM
I vehemently commend Life Beer for this heart blowing empowerment. Please I need an email address where I can send my business plan to. Mbogu Victor from Anambra State. Thanks for anticipated prompt response.
Nkwuda H Solomon | 6/21/2017 12:08:00 PM
Ekelem Gi Nna Ukwu, Aha M Bu : Nkwuda H Solomon, Abum Onye Ebonyi State Ma na Ebim N' Enugu State. Ana-m Eti Egwu Ma Na Ego Mm Ga Eji Buputa Ya Aghia Adighi Ugha, Biko Achoro M Enyem Aka Unu . Ana m E-kele Unu; Dika Unu Si Enyere Umu-nne Anyi Aka" Ihu Na Ihe Ha Na Eme N' Aga Na Ihuu. Obi Juputara M N' Anuri" Ka Chukwu Gozie Unu; Iseeeee . 08065847547.
Jude | 7/21/2017 4:53:00 PM
Gud pm Sir, I am Ogudu Jude U. Am 4rm ebonyi state, I leant how to run a business center dat include photocopy, laminating, typing, binding, snapping pix&passport, 4rm 2014-2016, but due to lack of money I have only managed to buy only small photocopy machine, Generator & laminating machine, remaining others. I will be very greatful if dis my request is not turned down. Tnx 09033681476
Okoye Ukamaka | 9/9/2017 9:26:00 AM
Ekelem Gi Nna M Ukwu. Aha M Bu Nwaada Okoye Ukamaka, Abu M Onye Isiakpu Nise Nke Di N' Ime Awka South L.G.A. Anambra State, Abu M Onye Oluaka Nke Ndi Oyibo Koro ( Hair Dressing ) Biko Achoro M Enyemaka Unu . Dalu Chukwu Gozie Unu. Akara M Bu 08103576189
offor izuchukwu samuel | 9/10/2017 4:22:00 PM
ututu OMA un Abu onye okigwe amuru IMO state. A bu onye oru aka biko achoro enye m aka nu .amucha na oru ma na enweghi aka ibudo M oru . a na m aru alumaco window a by onye na enweghi Nna . biko achoro izu ngwa oru no ego shedi biko nu Ankara ekwe nti m bu 08089549418
Ofodile chizoba | 9/10/2017 10:44:00 PM
Ndiewo Nu abum nwada ofodile chizoba,abum onye isiakpu Nise nke di n'ime awka South L.G.A Ananbra state.biko achoromu enyemaka unu na ndu m nke ukwu abu onye n'azu ahia enyere nu m aka biko akara ekwentumu bu nke 08149722017
my names are, Ezeaku Chukwuebuka Valentine | 9/26/2017 11:39:00 PM
Am from nsukka L.G.A in enugu state, but I leave in achara layout in enugu South L.G.A I finished my secondary school since the year 2011 after my S.S.C.E I went to learn plumbing trade, believing God that my parents will help me establish the business after my apprentice, but things did not work as planed, so I have to learn plumbing work, in other to get some money. I thank You people for giving us this opportunity. thanks to Nigeria Breweries, and a very big thanks to LIFE CONTINENTAL LAGER BEER For I believe with this money and the little money on me I can start up the business thanks and God bless you all..... mobile-:08078577094 or 08169086211
Engr ThankGod | 10/19/2017 5:18:00 AM
How can we apply
All it takes is one idea to slave an imporssible problem
By: Aristotle