TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

IBB Names Dokpesi Campaign Director, Declares On Sept 14

By AUSTYN OGANNAH. - thewillnigeria.com

SAN FRANCISCO, August 26, (THEWILL) – Nigeria’s former military dictator and presidential aspirant, General Ibrahim Babangida has named the Chairman, African Independent Television, AIT and Raypower, Chief Raymond Aleogho Dokpesi, as Director General of his presidential campaign organization.

A statement from the retired soldier’s spokesman, Prince Kassim Afegbua also named Senate Chip Whip, Senator Kanti Bello as Deputy Director General.

In the campaign organization according to the statement are Alhaji Sada Ilu (Director, Security &Intelligence); Prof. A.B.C Nwosu (Director, Research &Planning); Prof. Sam Oyovbaire (Director, Policy & Strategy); Prince Kassim Afegbua (Director, Media and communications); Chief (Mrs.) Remi Adiukwu-Bakare, (Director, Women Affairs); Alhaji Farouk Bibi-Farouk (Director, Youth Affairs); Alhaji Shehu Musa Gabam (Director, Contact & Mobilisation) and Hon Musa Elayo (Director, Legal Services).

According to the statement, a comprehensive list of the zonal and states’ coordinators will be announced later. It also said IBB’s temporary campaign office is located at 77B, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama Abuja.

The statement said, Babangida’s formal declaration is scheduled for September 14 at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

Your Comment

tony lord | 8/29/2010 11:50:00 AM
i know very well that ibb will deliver nigeria.........he is trusted and tested
Taofeek Amoo | 9/2/2010 6:21:00 PM
I am highly disappointed in Dokpesi. In fact, he has really destroyed his investment in good governance through the instrumentality of a free and independent media. I do not see any justifiable reason why Dokpesi shpould be an errand boy to IBB. But here in Nigeria. The more we look, the less we see. He has ruined all the efforts of his intelligent and critical presenters like Gbenga Aruleba & co. I think that the poor guys should be looking for work in other places because the operating environment will not be condusive for thenm to say the truth. I really symphatise with them because they did not really know the person they are working with all these years. What a great disappointment to all lovers of democracy and good governance. I am still shocked.
Taofeek Amoo | 9/2/2010 6:25:00 PM
I am highly disappointed in Dokpesi. In fact, he has really destroyed his investment in good governance through the instrumentality of a free and independent media. I do not see any justifiable reason why Dokpesi shpould be an errand boy to IBB. But here in Nigeria. The more we look, the less we see. He has ruined all the efforts of his intelligent and critical presenters like Gbenga Aruleba & co. I think that the poor guys should be looking for work in other places because the operating environment will not be condusive for thenm to say the truth. I really symphatise with them because they did not really know the person they are working with all these years. What a great disappointment to all lovers of democracy and good governance. I am still shocked.
youth group | 10/4/2010 1:11:00 PM
I GREET YOU HIGH CHIEF DOKPESI FOR FOLLOWING THE RIGHT TRACK BY SUPPORTING IBB,

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKE AS HUMAN BEING AND WHEN WE REALIZE OUR MISTAKE WE CORRECT IT. YES IBB DID MISTAKE WHEN HE WAS ON SIT AS WE ALL DO MISTAKE AND NOW THAT HE HAS REALIZE HIS MISTAKE I THINK ALL NIGERIAN SHOULD GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE TO CORRECT HIS MISTAKE INSTEAD OF VOTING FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL STILL GO THERE AND DO MORE MISTAKE, SO I BEG ALL NIGERIANS TO SUPPORT IBB TO ENABLE HIM CORRECT HIS MISTAKES AS HE HAS ALREADY SEEN NIGERIA PROBLEM, HOW TO SOLVE IT SO THAT THIS COUNTRY WILL BE A BETTER PLACE FOR ALL WE NIGERIANS

WE THE YOUTH HERE IN LAGOS HAVE ALREADY STARTED MOBILIZING PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR IBB.

WE WILL LIKE YOU HIGH CHIEF DOKPESI TO CONTACT US VIA [email protected] AND PUT US MORE THROUGH ON HOW WE CAN ACHIEVE OUR AIM.
When people speaks well of u, know dat u are not of God. And He cannot defend u.
By: M. I. SHIOR