TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

WHY MURPHY AFOLABI'S FRIEND DON'T LIKE HIM ANY MORE

By AKINNAGBE AKINTOMIDE/NIGERIAFILMS.COM

Murhy Afolabi is that Yoruba movie star that left his Ogun State base to come to Lagos to conquer Lagos and did he succeed? Yes,he did,though it was not instantly but with perseverance and hard work,he was able to get to the top.

Today in the industry,Murphy Afolabi has grown to be a movie producer,and movie director aside being an actor.

Like magic,he grabbed the listening ears of the marketers which made them release funds to him to produced movies.His movies incidentally became master pieces and always thrilling.

A unique aspect of his movies is that he tends to specialize in experimenting with the terrestrial powers and this many has attributed to his upbringing.

Since Murphy Afolabi had the ears of the marketers,he produced movies more than his friends.In those days,he carried all his friends along in his productions especially his very good friend,Lukmon Raji whom many claim they came to Lagos together from Oshogbo in search of the greener pasture.

Lukmon in those days always got prominent roles in every of Murphy's movies.Not only that,Murphy also assisted him in getting favor from movie marketers who sponsored his movies which Murphy not only played the lead roles but also directed.

But recently things seem to have fallen apart between the two jolly friends as they no longer do things together.

Lukmon Raji has moved on and is doing things on his own without the involvement of Murphy Afolabi as those in the know said Murphy has now grown pompous and sees himself as a Lagos big boy who has arrived.

Not only that,when his friends produce movies in which he features and directs,he gets the larger chunk of the total cost of production and when it is their turn to feature in his own movies,he pays them peanuts and most times,owes them and when they raise the issue,he is said to be quick in reminding them that he is their benefactor and that they should take whatever he offers or at times he will promise to pay and he won't and the bill keeps mounting.

When Lukmon couldn't take it any longer,he walked away and started doing things on his own.

Another of his friends that cannot but be in Murphy's movies before now is Kelvin Ikeduba and like Lukmon,Kelvin has moved on to a much more stronger ally in the industry,Glo ambassador,Odunlade Adekola.

Kelvin is said to always be in company of Odunlade now that he is gradually becoming an hot item in the Abeokuta movie caucus as he gets patronage on the prompting of Odunlade as Abeokuta is Odunlade's base.

Ikeduba also left Murphy Afolabi over unpaid acting fees.

Your Comment

Olusegun | 8/28/2012 9:06:00 AM
Murphy please I need your help
olorunsola sundy adeshina | 12/11/2013 3:32:00 PM
please mr murphy i want to be one of yours in movie,please accept me
OKunola olawale | 4/14/2017 8:51:00 AM
Am d son of ifaniyi ajitena on oyo if u can remember then when you are leaning ifa priest so am akanmu awosanmi if u can remember help me
secret lady | 3/6/2013 2:49:00 PM
I know Murphy afolabi well .. you all are just hating on him... what the he'll everywhere Murphy this Murphy that... And let him be oNigeria people can never mind there business... n be half of Murphy if you don't like him move the f*ck on better yet kiss Murphy ass ... lol too all u haters ...
secret lady | 3/6/2013 2:49:00 PM
I know Murphy afolabi well .. you all are just hating on him... what the he'll everywhere Murphy this Murphy that... And let him be oNigeria people can never mind there business... n be half of Murphy if you don't like him move the f*ck on better yet kiss Murphy ass ... lol too all u haters ...
Joy Ama Owulo | 10/20/2013 2:18:00 AM
This is terrible.....there should be equality in sharing. Y would he always want d larger share; when it seem improper for him(Murphy) to be considerate. Dis may be 1 of d reasons for ur troubles! Take it cool guy!
olorunsola sunday adeshina | 12/11/2013 3:40:00 PM
mr murphy is a good actor,which everybody like to watch is movie,because of his action and how he shoot his movie.mr murphy you shall live for us forever.
Success | 4/25/2014 1:27:00 PM
What I no is dat people working bcos of money, and if people work for u and u refuse to pay them base on agreement it is unfair If u refuse to pay them dat means u a enslave them all I no is dat (Abeere) we definately ask frm u but if they were lie about u live dem for GOD
hassan bolanle | 8/11/2015 2:01:00 PM
GOD know the best
BAKARE TOMIWA | 7/22/2016 9:32:00 PM
BROTHER MURPHY I NEED UR HELP PLEASE I WANT TOO BE ACTRESS I LOVE SO MUCH MY REGARD TOO U AND UR FAMILY
ISHOLA TAIWO | 11/17/2016 10:49:00 AM
Pls help me I love dis work from my child hood I wish to connect wit famous actress
adegoriola | 11/23/2016 10:00:00 AM
murphy how can i get u now.
oyinkansola | 11/27/2016 7:48:00 AM
just be good because judgement is waiting 4 us
Lizzy solomon | 2/15/2017 11:47:00 PM
rubb**h,u better pay them what they work 4
Alabi haliyat | 2/20/2017 9:46:00 PM
Mr murphy like u work keep it up how am i to get u you thanks
Adesanya Damilola | 5/31/2017 11:51:00 AM
Mr Murphy Kip It Up
Victor peter | 7/24/2017 4:03:00 PM
Please can i get ur number
adesoyin eyinju | 9/2/2017 2:46:00 PM
I luv your job keep it up.
Rasheed Adetunji Soyele | 10/11/2017 9:48:00 PM
Pls i need ur asisstant on school fee of my son #25,000 pls asisst me. 08039263928
hormowumi | 12/28/2017 3:40:00 PM
god time is d best
OPE | 1/19/2018 10:00:00 PM
BE CAREFUL SIR
Mutiat odunola | 2/19/2018 10:37:00 AM
My brother pls any body dat is working with u directly or in directly pls treat dem well o . kosi un tamu waye , kosi oun tama mulo sorun ...all dis comment dey make about u it make me fell sad .... if nah true pls change . osun state oni baje.
BABA TUNDE | 5/16/2018 1:04:00 PM
SUCH IS LIFE,ibaje aniyan ko dashe oluwa duro,DON'T GEOGE SOME ONE WITH WAT U EAR.
Daniel Ochegba Emmanuel | 6/5/2018 9:50:00 PM
There something i see and i know and i think in this life,if someone day order your canparcity they work for you please be faithful to that indivitur.one thing in this word if you do good peopel will tolk agaist you,if you do bad people most talk agaist you,but your is to stand on your true,don't mind them if them all depart from you just live for god.
biola | 12/3/2014 12:48:00 PM
the woman so cl ur mther did nt nrated hw she became a police women wen she drped u and ran away