TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

REJOINDER ON THE PUBLICATION CAPTIONED NIGERIAN DIPLOMAT DETAINED IN VENEZUELA OVER ALLEGED FRAUD

By Olarotimi Ajayi

My attention has been drawn to a double publication of 31st July 2012 in the Leadership newspaper and captioned Nigerian diplomat detained in Venezuela over alleged fraud and Nigeria wades into former

diplomat's problem with Venezuela.

It is unfortunate that an esteemed newspaper has not got its publication right and every effort I have made to contact the Editors had not yielded positive result to state my own side of the story.

“I want to make it that I am not at war with the authorities of the Foreign Affairs Ministry; I have constantly during all my years of service strictly follow the rules and regulations of the ministry including

accounting for responsibilities placed in my care. My honesty landed me into trouble with Ambassador Oboro because I was the whistle blower of the fraud taking place before my arrival at the mission in Caracas and things that went on during my stay. I continually briefed the Foreign Ministry but they refused to take action. I have copies of all letters written to these effects in safe keeping”.

l have been the whistle blower over fraudulent activities of Ambassador Felix Oboro in the Embassy. This made, the Ministry of foreign Affairs to send Foreign Service Inspectors to the Embassy in November 2011.They confirmed my reports which made the Ministry to query Ambassador Oboro and subsequently instructed him to refund. (A copy of that letter is published for the truth to be seen). At no time did the Ministry query or admonish me for fraudulent activities in the Embassy. Neither have l engaged in any shady deal that could tarnish my image or the image of Nigeria during my service to the nation.

Furthermore, l did not take the Ministry to the law court in Venezuela but in Abuja over miscarriage of justice. Instead of Ambassador Oboro to be dealt with for his admission of defrauding the Nigerian government; I was portrayed as trouble maker. I requested my lawyers to take legal action for been unfairly treated; the Ministry is yet to comply with the court order.

Additionally, l was kidnapped and unjustifiably detained on the order of Ambassador Oboro at the Caracas International airport when l returned from America to write promotion examination without being given the reasons. The said on-line publication that was quoted by Leadership newspaper

(www.thenigerianvoice.com has presented the facts which have been misrepresented by the newspaper for whatever reason.

l find the headline alarming and untrue; l therefore ask that the caption should be corrected in the next issue of the newspaper and given the same prominence as l have been offended with this publication. If you want to know the details of this story, kindly go through various online publications and several

other online publications like that of Daily Time of Nigeria; The Will and you will find the true story of what is happening in the Nigerian mission in Venezuela.

The full truth of the matter has not been reported in the media. My retirement from the Service was due this month of July (8th) (A copy of the letter received from the ministry published for your consumption). I still have valid resident permit till October 2012. This can be confirmed with the

Venezuelan government so I am not staying illegally in the country as alleged. If I am retired, shouldn't I be given time and the necessary clearance to move my family and belongings out of the country?

The truth is that in the same Embassy, another officer who retired in March 2012 is still there. Why harassing me who retired on July 8th, 2012?

My visit to America was on the directive of the Foreign Affairs Ministry Abuja.

As I write to you, my family is in limbo as to what next to do. The Minister of Foreign Affairs should ascertain why I have not been released since I have no criminal records or arrested for fraud as alleged in the Leadership newspaper to mislead the general public.

Thanks.

O.A. Ajayi

Your Comment

Jacob Iyamagba Jr | 8/1/2012 1:44:00 PM
It is good Dr.Ajayi has put the record straight.What will the Ministry of foreign Affairs say now than to apologise to him.Meanwhile,this is the begining of releasing documents on Ambassador Oboro who should now leave Venezuela immediately to avoid further embarrassment.What a shame to Nigeria.
Maria Clement Mrs | 8/1/2012 1:50:00 PM
Is Felix Oboro still parading himself in Venezuela as Nigerian Ambassador? He should pack his things and return to Nigeria.It is obvious, Foreign Affairs Ministry is protecting a looter of embassy money.
Esther Nwachukwu | 8/1/2012 2:32:00 PM
Do we have still leaders with conscience in Nigeria, I have read the Minister's reaction in Leadership newspaper and I found it unacceptable that a man who has served the nation could be allowed to be detained on the reason that he has retired from the service! He is not just any ordinary Nigerian, a format diplomat, he deserves a better treatment. To my knowledge he is still being held for nearly two weeks in another country and Nigeria government says there is nothing they can do about it. Let them detain a Venezuelan and see what that government will do to Nigeria.
Chief Abriba Orubebe | 8/1/2012 10:05:00 PM
Esther,you are right.let the Nigerian police detain a Venezuelan sailor in Nigeria and see what Venezuela will do.Have you not heard of the Nigerian sailors detained in Somalia for over one year now.Foreign Affairs did nothing to secure their release but on paper millions of Naira has been spent to secure their release.The Minister's reaction in the Leadership Newspaper is a panic reaction to preempt the report of the Committee set up by the Secretary to the Federal Government.President Jonathan should personally hear from Dr.Ajayi to know th truth.By the way what is chief Oboro still doing in Venezuela after the above revelation?
Aliu | 8/1/2012 3:12:00 PM
MR. President should quickly move into this issue before it tanished the image of nigerians who are already burried before they are killed, the foreign affair minister and perm sec, should be held responsible for this degenerated situation, nigerians has ben turned to a laughing stock all over the world, if Ambassador Oboro was asked to refund why the misscarried justice, why the inhuman treatment been mends on Dr, Ajayi, we need more of these revelation, personally I will sugest the federal govt of nigeria close the Embassy since Ambassador Oboro had refused to yield to the ministry for foreign affair directives. Pls how much had the Ambassador refunded from the 74,0000 dollars?
Ishaya Sule | 8/2/2012 12:34:00 AM
Chief oboro behave as if President Jonathan is an ijaw President and not Nigerian President.President Jonathan should remove him to show that he is the Nigerian President and not Ijaw President.
Blessing Iyaniwura | 8/2/2012 2:41:00 AM
Tafawa Balewa house may be waiting to manufacture another suicidal press release that will consume the manufacturers of lies.Nigerians are fed up with the Ministry that is unable to control felix Oboro who has become a source of embarrassment to the country.How could an Ambassador instigate the kidnapping of his officer and to get the Venezuelan government involved in embassy affairs.?it can only happen in Nigeria.Dr.Ajayi should write a book on this episode
Chief Kokori James | 8/2/2012 2:48:00 PM
Chief edwin Clark has spoken that President Goodluck Jonathan is not ijaw President which is timely BUT Ambassador Felix Oboro's behaviour in Venezuela indicates that President Jonathan is the President of IJAW NATION.Will someone from the ijaw nation call him to order that the Nigerian President is Dr .Goodluck Jonathan.Meanwhile what is Oboro doing in Venezuela after being exposed to ridicle and embarrassment on his indictment by the Foreign Affairs.Has he sacked the two controversial local staff? The senoir Nigerian diplomat is still being held and there is Nigerian government.Felix Oboro is blocking his release.
John Ebiri | 8/5/2012 1:52:00 AM
REPLY TO NEWS FLASH ON OBORO. This is to confirm that Ambassador Felix Oboro's son in-law,MR VICTOR ANAMELECHI,FORMER DISGRACED PRESIDENT OF NIGERIAN WELFARE ASSOCIATION,VENEZUELA AND THE MAN WHO CLAIMED THE PATERNITY OF AMBASSADOR OBORO'S GRAND SON WHICH ENABLED THE GRAND SON TO FRAUDULENTLY OBTAINED VENEZUELAN CITIZENSHIP HAS BEEN CAUGHT WITH DRUGS WORTH MILLIONS OF NAIRA IN SOUTH AFRICA ON HIS WAY TO NIGERIA IN JULY 2012 AS A COURIER OF THE BIG MAN AND A LOCAL AFRICAN STAFF IN THE EMBASSY. MR.ANAMELECHI TWICE LED ASSASINS TO THE EMBASSY LAST YEAR TO ASSASINATE MR AJAYI.THE FIRST ATTEMPT WAS WHEN FOREIGN SERVICE INSPECTORS VISITED THE EMBASSY.THE SECOND ATTEMPT WAS AFTER THEIR DEPARTURE. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT NDLEA INTEROGATES MR ANAMELECHI TO KNOW THE DEEP INVOLVEMENT OF THE BIG MAN.BY THEIR FRUITS THOU SHALL KNOW THEM. PEOPLE HAVE CONFIRMED THAT MR.AJAYI'S KIDNAPPING WAS USED AS A DIVERSION FROM MR.ANAMELECHI'S UNPATRIOTIC ACT. WITH THE ABOVE,AMBASSADOR OBORO SHOULD LEAVE VENEZUELA TO ENABLE NIGERIA POSITIVELY CHANGE ITS IMAGE.
John Ebiri | 8/7/2012 4:22:00 AM
Ambassador Oboro's son inlaw caught with drugs in South Africa. Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 5, 2012 - 00:56. REPLY TO NEWS FLASH ON OBORO. This is to confirm that Ambassador Felix Oboro's son in-law,MR VICTOR ANAMELECHI,FORMER DISGRACED PRESIDENT OF NIGERIAN WELFARE ASSOCIATION,VENEZUELA AND THE MAN WHO CLAIMED THE PATERNITY OF AMBASSADOR OBORO'S GRAND SON WHICH ENABLED THE GRAND SON TO FRAUDULENTLY OBTAINED VENEZUELAN CITIZENSHIP HAS BEEN CAUGHT WITH DRUGS WORTH MILLIONS OF NAIRA IN SOUTH AFRICA ON HIS WAY TO NIGERIA IN JULY 2012 AS A COURIER OF THE BIG MAN AND A LOCAL AFRICAN STAFF IN THE EMBASSY. MR.ANAMELECHI TWICE LED ASSASINS TO THE EMBASSY LAST YEAR TO ASSASINATE MR AJAYI.THE FIRST ATTEMPT WAS WHEN FOREIGN SERVICE INSPECTORS VISITED THE EMBASSY.THE SECOND ATTEMPT WAS AFTER THEIR DEPARTURE.BY THEIR FRUITS THOU SHALL KNOW THEM. PEOPLE HAVE CONFIRMED THAT MR.AJAYI'S KIDNAPPING WAS USED AS A DIVERSION FROM MR.ANAMELECHI'S UNPATRIOTIC ACT. WITH THE ABOVE,AMBASSADOR OBORO SHOULD LEAVE VENEZUELA TO ENABLE NIGERIA POSITIVELY CHANGE ITS IMAGE
Anonymous | 8/7/2012 4:25:00 AM
FEMALE OFFICER IN DRUGS Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 4, 2012 - 17:59. Is it not in the same embassy in venezuela that a female officer carries drugs in her private part to sell abroad?
Anonymous | 8/7/2012 4:29:00 AM
MANY SCANDALS IN THE EMBASSY UNDER IJAW AMBASSADOR Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 7, 2012 - 01:54. The scandal mentioned on fake medical bill is not the only scandal in the Embassy.What about the scandal of the lady that carries drugs in her private part to sell abroad? another scandal by the baron is the pregnancy of a former female security officer suddenly employed by the baron in his house.She will soon deliver and people will know who the father of the child is?.It is hoped no person will be cajoled to claim the paternity of the child as it was done earlier! Oboro should attend to the issue of VICTOR ANAMELECHI CAUGHT WITH DRUGS IN SOUTH AFRICA
Anonymous | 8/7/2012 4:33:00 AM
ANOTHER SCANDAL IN THE EMBASSY IS TRUE ! Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 6, 2012 - 20:11. It is true that a male officer has presented a false medical bill for $23,000 in the Embassy.The same officer is behind the sale of government documents to outsiders and the media for money.He is in league with the male controverssial local staff to leak embassy documents.After Oboro,it this greedy officer.
Anonymous | 8/7/2012 4:37:00 AM
Josual and victor should be investigated Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 6, 2012 - 03:32. Victor amenachi who led nigerians to war against ajayi in the embassy last year was cought with drug in south africa last july, the same victor claimed the paternity of oboro grand son while the actual father is alive, oboro was searched for drug at the simon bolivar air port caracas last year and this year the son inlaw cought with drug pls what is the bearing btw the master(oboro) and the servant/inlaw(victor)' your guess is as good as mine chineke save naija reply
Anonymous | 8/7/2012 4:40:00 AM
OBORO SAYS HE CANNOT WORK WITH YORUBA'S!! Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on August 6, 2012 - 04:40. Yes,Oboro says he cannot work with Yorubas who taught him how to type.Is that one Nigeria? What about if Yoruba's ask ijaws to leave South West? OPC over to you for consideration.Remember,a Yoruba lawyer is the legal Adviser to Chief Edwin Clark. reply