TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

GOV. IKPEAZU'S COUSIN KIDNAPS A COURT WITTINESS TO PERVERT JUSTICE

By Okafor Onyebuchi

John Chigoziri Chigbu,the Youth Leader and a maternal cousin to the Governor of Abia State Governor has embarked on a bizarre act of impunity by kidnapping one Mr Uchechukwu Nwaogwugwu in Osusu village in Obi-Ngwa local government of Abia State.

Governor IKpeazu's maternal cousin, Mr John Chigbu and Mr Uche Chukwu Nwaogwugwu are both involved in a Land dispute resulting to a Court Case, suit No HOB/40/2013 at the High Court of Obi-Ngwa, Abia State

As the hearing on the case was to come up on the 19th of July, 2016, Mr UcheChukwu Nwaogwugwu arrived Osusu Village on the 18th of July, 2016, in readiness to give evidence at the court sitting the next day. At about 19:30 pm that same evening, Mr John Chigbu led a truck load of men numbering over 15 and on Police uniform to forcefully kidnap Mr. UcheChukwu Nwaogwugwu. This act of impunity based on the relationship between the Abia State governor and his Youth Leader, Mr John Chigbu is an excessive show of oppression, suppression, repression, persecution, abuse, injustice, maltreatment and the highest level of cruelty to a fellow human being. His boast that the governor has authorized and approved his act must be condemned by all and sundry.

As at the time of filling this report, Mr Uchechukwu Nwaogwugwu's whereabout is unknown. No phone contact has been established on his whereabout. His relations and aged fragile mother have visited almost every police station in Aba but non so far has admitted his presence or otherwise. One of his brothers has this to say "....We have gone to the Zone 9 Police Headquarters in Umuahia, Central police Station Aba and Umuobiakwa police stations and no trace of him. My life and that our 87years old mother is in danger.

My brother Uchechkwu Nwagwugwu, only came back from Onitsha, Anambra State, where he is living with his wife and three children, working as a mason man to attend the court case on the 19/07/2016 but at about 19:30 pm, on the 18/07/2016, he was kidnapped here in our house in our village.

For John Chigoziri Chigbu, to be using his connection with the governor of Abia state, to intimidate us because we are poor is very unfortunate...."

The 87 year old mother and other family members are pleading with the governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu to intervene to rescue Mr Uchechukwu Nwaogwugwu from Mr John Chigbu who kidnapped him. The Nigeria Police, the DSS, and all human Rights groups should intervene as delay may be dangerous.

Your Comment

THE DON | 7/19/2016 10:56:00 PM
Can Nigeria be better if governor can do this with his cousin pls I have land to give him shame to him and his family poor boy God will help you I had also called youth leader was deported from Europe with out nothing back home shame to you ooo poor boy
Uchechi Emmanuel, from Umuahia in Abia State. | 7/20/2016 12:43:00 AM
In question how can the cousin of Ikpeazu Victor been a kidnapper. If this man should continue to be our governor things are going to spoil. At least to this case of kidnap should a place where the magistrate and the lawyers should look into. Cos if this man should be on that seat kidnapping is going to be a huste work for the ngwa youth and with the so called cousin.
Chukus Udo Diri | 7/20/2016 9:16:00 AM
I knew Mr. John Chigoziri Chigbu, from Umuafor village in Obi Ngwa L G A, where the Governor"s mother came from. He was living in Germany and came home 1998 and married his sister in the family and was catioutioned by the elders that it is an abomination to do but he refused and went ahead and married the girl. On the same afternoon thunder struck his house and he fled to Germany with the woman. There in Germany, the girl gave birth to a boy who became blind till date. He moved again from Germany to Republic Of Ireland and had a baby girl with the same woman and the child is crippled . The woman divorced him some times in 2014,and the woman got the Government of Ireland to deport him back to Nigeria. Since he came back and Governor Ikpeazu, made him the Youth Leader, he has been terrorising the Community with his load of Police men attached to his own convoy. The above action of his is a small thing compare to what he have been doing. I pity Uchechukwu Nwagwugwu for fallen into his hand of terror. Let us pray that he will not ask his killer squad to do away with the poor man.
Ochuogu Nwauzor, | 7/20/2016 9:20:00 AM
My God, the Dr. Uche Ogah, should watch out before the Governor send his cousin after him. May God, safe Abians.
oge | 7/22/2016 6:44:00 AM
Chukus ur a st*p*d id**t. A vry big f**l. Say wat u know. D family ur tukin about is a responsible family wit wondaful kids frm abov. Swt kids.
Chris Nkire | 7/20/2016 10:13:00 AM
What a fallacious write up aimed discrediting responsible people.... How come a land case turns out to be a kidnap case..quite a pity....the writer and his cohorts have failed woefully....... John Chigbu is a responsible and respected gentleman and as such can not indulge in such act as kidnapping.....
Nwaobosi Ike | 7/20/2016 10:43:00 AM
Since their matter is already in Court, why is he Kidnapping the poor man? But Mr. Nkire, you did not refute the information about his past life actions as stated by the 3rd writer. From the above information there is a clear element of truth in the matter. Look goodooooo!!!!!!my brother.
Okwudiri Nnaa | 7/20/2016 10:49:00 AM
The Police must make haste to find the missing poor man first. The police commissioner in Abia State, should as a matter of urgency deploy his men to find out those who officers who went to the village if they were actually police men.
Maduka Eze | 7/20/2016 12:09:00 PM
We should be seeing this case with independent mind. Is there a land case between the two yes, was the Ucheckwu, kidnapped on the 18th of july 2016 as he came back from his Onitsha base yes, was he going to testify on the 19th of July 2016 yes. have he been found No? With his over ruling of his kinsmen not to marry his half sister, I am afraid that such a person is capable of doing the above.
Stanley Nwokoma | 7/20/2016 2:17:00 PM
Against the back drop of all the irrefutable hideous acts of Mr chigoziri chigbu john is the alleged compromising of the previous judge handling the land dispute between him and uchechukwu. The judge was suspected to have been compromised because she gave two different verdicts on the human right case against the same chigbu by Mr uchechukwu who lost the case and his rights denied. The land dispute between them has been ongoing since 2013 without a single hearing of the case by the judge. Since 2013 the case have suffered series of adjournments until yesterday because a new judge had taken over the case. The previous judge was allegedly promised the office of chief judge of the state by the Governor through Mr chigbu's lawyer who is a know shark and a PDP chieftain.it is not fair that the first citizen of the state will be cajoled into intimidating his citizens whom he had sworn to protect.
Chinyere Chigbu | 7/21/2016 10:33:00 AM
THE TRUTH It's inhuman and heartless to notice that some people are born wicked. The fact that we are born of this generation is not enough for us to loose our conscience, my name is Chinyere Chigbu, wife to Chigoziri Chigbu, firstly i declare, to all readers that everything written on this platform is false. My marriage is sealed by God and intact, my kids are sound and healthy. We bought 6 plots of land far back in 2004 from one Mr Donatus who bought it in 2005 and the said Uchechukwu who was born long after Nwaogwugwu's death went into our land and sold 4 plots, removed our beacons which is criminal. The said Uchechukwu was the one who filed a law suit against us. The same Uchechukwu was also the one who entered and farmed on the land in court hence his arrest by Umuobiakwa police station. He's were about is well known by the family and his lawyer. My husband Chigoziri Chigbu have no problem of any deportation and we are doing perfectly well. if this is for political reasons, to tarnish the image of our able working governor, Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu sorry, you have all failed. I will leave the conduct of this online page editor, in the hands of Nigerian Union of Journalist (NUJ) to handle. May God Almighty forgive the architects of this evil plot IJN AMEN.
chinyere chigbu | 7/21/2016 11:04:00 AM
It's inhuman and heartless to notice that some people are born wicked. The fact that we are born of this generation is not enough for us to loose our conscience, my name is Chinyere Chigbu, wife to Chigoziri Chigbu, firstly i declare, to all readers that everything written on this platform is false. My marriage is sealed by God and intact, my kids are sound and healthy. We bought 6 plots of land far back in 2004 from one Mr Donatus who bought it in 1995 and the said Uchechukwu who was born long after Nwaogwugwu's death went into our land and sold 4 plots, removed our beacons which is criminal. The said Uchechukwu was the one who filed a law suit against us. The same Uchechukwu was also the one who entered and farmed on the land in court hence his arrest by Umuobiakwa police station. He's whereabout is well known by the family and his lawyer. My husband Chigoziri Chigbu have no problem of any deportation and we are doing perfectly well. if this is for political reasons, to tarnish the image of our able working governor, Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu sorry, you have all failed. I will leave the conduct of this online page editor, in the hands of Nigerian Union of Journalist (NUJ) to handle. May God Almighty forgive the architects of this evil plot IJN AMEN.
O O | 7/24/2016 2:05:00 PM
Sister Chinyere, you are missing the point. Since you came into this family was since Chigo and the whole family started having problems. Mr. Donatus, knew already that the land was having problem between Ucheckukwu and his late Uncle who sold the land to him (Donatus) before he sold it to brother Chigo. Barrister Charles, sent me and Maduabuchi, to go and break their Beacon on the land in the night and I protested but brother assured me that nothing will happen since the Lawyer have directed so and we did that. Uchechukwu, protested then and the lawyer asked me to go and report him to the police ,which I did then. I don"t want to say much on this case again because I saw this problem coming and advised against it but was not listened to.Why must you even write about this case? You know that the Press is like a house with many doors if you shut one they will open another. The best thing is to keep quiet.
Agbaeze UdeH | 7/24/2016 2:15:00 PM
Ahaa!!!!!!! the truth is already coming out little by little. It"s like the Ex-wife have been called to come and do some Patchy work. Since they are claiming to have come together once again because Mr.John Chigoziri Chigbu, have been appointed as the Youth Leader to the Governor. Let the EFCC and the Abians watch out let the wife not be a channel our Governor, will be using to siphon our money abroadooooooooooo!!!!!!
Adindu Uko | 7/24/2016 4:01:00 PM
Madam, whoever have advised you to comment on this case is not a good adviser. Do you think the Governor's media team have not seen the write ups but they knew that if they issue any statement now it will increase attacks on His Excellence. Since both Uchechukwu and Chigoziri, are of the same village or so, they will soon settle their differences. The more you talk to the press the more they will have an opening on you. The thing is that your husband went too far with his action. Pls. both parties should calm down and settle the matter like brothers
Uwadiegwu Maduforoh/ | 7/25/2016 11:57:00 PM
A dispute and Resolution adviser, Chinyere Chigbu, stop talking to the press or else they will destroy your family and your husband. Advise your husband to look for a trusted person around him to approach the said Uchechukwu, privately since they are both from the same village and tell him that you want either you give him or he give you some plots of the lands let there be peace. Because you have been spending money paying your lawyer and him too. Your husband should not involve the lawyers because, that is where they eat and would want the case to continue telling them that they will win. Your husband should swallow his pride and do this for the sake of the Governor, since he knew that Governor is the target. The Uchechukwu, is a low man on the ground already and have nothing to lose but your husband have a lot to lose. Let him see it this way that he bought a car worth N10,000,000.00 and he got on the road and it got accident, what will he do? May be the lands will not be worth of what it's about to cause you. Tell your husband to play the life of a f**l and live long. A word is enough for the wise. Mr. John Chigoziri Chigbu, open your eyes like fish in the water. Okoh Poly.
Harry Igba Aba | 8/1/2016 9:49:00 PM
The case is already in court, let the court decide. Mr John don't go begging any f**l. From the falsified post and reading from your wife's submission, the land belongs to you. The said Uchechukwu was born out of wedlock meaning that at the time of Neogwugwus death, he had no male child. I put it to the writer and editor of this fake page that all the comments made in favour of the said Uchechukwu, were written by the same writer. GIVE JOHN CHIGBU HIS LAND Involving our innocent Governor OVI will not bring any result rather it will destroy all you haters. BIG f**lS
Chief G A | 7/29/2016 12:26:00 AM
May God have mercy on you, the architect of this article, For those of you who believed the tantrum, Think before you talk, For every vain word must be accounted for on the last day,
Tony Eze From OBLG | 8/1/2016 7:43:00 AM
THIS IS A MALICIOUS POST AIMED AT TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF OUR WORKING GOVERNOR, DR VICTOR OKEZIE IKPEAZU. FROM THIS st*p*d POST, I NOTICE, GREED, JEALOUSY AND WICKEDNESS. HOW CAN THE SAID UCHECHUKWU COME TO CLAIM A LAND THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO HIM ? THE SAID NWOGWUGWU DIED BEFORE THE WAR AND UCHECHUKWU WAS BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK LONG AFTER THE WAR? WHY DID HE ENTER TO CULTIVATE ON THE LAND IN COURT? HENCE HIS ARREST BY UMUOBIAKWA POLICE STATION. THE WHEREABOUT OF UCHECHUKWU WAS KNOWN FROM D WORD TO. WHY DID THE MANAGING EDITOR USE GOV I KPEAZUS PICTURE INSTEAD OF JOHN CHIGBU'S OWN IF NOT FOR POLITICAL REASONS? NO SANE PERSON WILL TAKE THIS SERIOUS. THE WRITER AND PUBLISHER OF THIS CHARACTER ASSASSINATION HAS FAILED. OUR WORKING GOVERNOR, DR VICTOR OKEZIE IKPEAZU REMAINS ABIA STATE GOVERNOR UNTIL 2023 UNREPENTANT SOULS LIKE UMDR SAMPSON UCHE OGAH AND COHORTS CAN HANG ANY NEARBY TRANSFORMER. THIS POST IS TOTAL rubb**h.
James Okeafor | 8/1/2016 9:39:00 PM
I am not sure that the editor of this online page is a trained journalist. This post might land you to jail for character assasiation. An editor is expected to edit stories before publishing. I don't see any atom of truth in the above story. This is a joke.