TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

Buhari, jonathan, Obasanjo, Oil Companies Meet in London As U.K Blames Buhari Over Avengers

By pointblanknews.com

Following threats of missile attacks on Abuja by Niger Delta militants, ailing President Buhari shelved the commencement of his treatment for a severe ear infection to attend a crucial meeting called by the government of United Kingdom to douse mounting tension in Nigeria and prevail on the Niger Delta militants to shelve their planned missile strikes on the nation’s capital and seat of power.
The meeting, held Tuesday in UK, was informed by intelligence  reports  provided by some European Union member-states that confirmed the existence of missile  launch locations in Nigeria and the resolve of the militants to make good their threats.
Diplomatic sources told Pointblanknews.com that the UK government and oil companies were alarmed that President Buhari underrated the threat posed by the militants  having made good all their threats to bomb oil pipelines and instead of engaging stakeholders in the region embarked on the deployment of the military in the region which aggravated the situation.
The UK Ambassador to Nigeria, Paul Arkwright and his Swiss counterpart had warned President Buhari severally against the use of force in the Niger Delta.
The meeting is also being attended by former President Goodluck Jonathan, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, oil companies and an appointed representative of the militants based in Europe.
“Ït’s a situation occasioned by poor threat analysis on the part of your country with a potential catastrophic outcome”, a competent source  said.

The post Buhari, jonathan, Obasanjo, Oil Companies Meet in London As U.K Blames Buhari Over Avengers appeared first on Pointblank News .

Your Comment

Emma,D | 6/8/2016 12:09:00 PM
igbos not represented.
mohamet. | 6/8/2016 2:32:00 PM
So the European countries now support terrorism? I thought it's their policy never to negotiate with terrorists? Why would they now want Buhari to negotiate with those who carried arms against a legitimate government? #Double standards#Hypocrisy#Collaboration.
Eddie | 6/8/2016 7:50:00 PM
Muhammed, i don't think you know the differences between terrorist organisation and those who fight, and struggle for the control of their resources. #Ignorance remain ignorance forever#
Haruna | 6/8/2016 8:57:00 PM
The resources their grandfathers buried for them abi? Nonsense!!!
Adebola | 6/8/2016 11:01:00 PM
No, the ones your grandfather's buried for them. Common sense should have told u that the present and past Nigeria system of government is not working...since the amalgamation... Your country needs restructuring..... And true federalism is the way out. The British caused our present predicament for their selfish interest but you ought to have understood as an individual by now that is not working out. Is their resources let them have it. Why are u afraid of breaking and letting them go? Is not because you love the other tribe's or ethnicity..... But because of Ur pure evil of killing and murder in the name of Islam....and killing in the name of prophet Muhammad.
Banire | 6/9/2016 6:15:00 PM
Habbah, you people started bad talk against Islam, what concern religion here? If Igbos want to go, let them first vacate all Yoruba and Ausa land if they can leaf without others. Their land is for oil, right! Other parts of the country have other things that they have not! Government paying them heavily to enable them secure lands in anywhere in Nigeria to leaf and doing businesses. If their leaders in their not do well with money, why not fight them instead of Federal gov?
waheed | 6/9/2016 11:34:00 PM
Yes u are right
Same boy | 6/9/2016 3:33:00 AM
Because they use they oil fund in enriching Hausa states and Lagos, why won't you agree with all this sh*t
Uzo | 6/9/2016 7:08:00 AM
Yes, the resources their grandfathers buried for them. Were your own grandfathers paraplegic that they couldn't bury for you or were they just too lazy to do same for you. Common sense.
Mr bello | 6/9/2016 10:53:00 PM
Ur tomatoes and cow, Who and who is awarded of it from the Niger delta or from the Biafran?
Chuka | 6/8/2016 9:20:00 PM
Tell him my brother
Babe | 6/8/2016 10:44:00 PM
Thank you
nure | 6/10/2016 12:40:00 AM
Eddie, did u just said control of dia resources, wat ever dat is dia was set up by d resources of d north. its not dia resources but our resources. its a shame
sullivan | 6/9/2016 8:31:00 AM
Mohamet, it is this line of selfish thought patern that have fuelled problems in Nigeria, people who are fighting for their right are not terrorist it your bokoharam brothers who are killing their brother that are terrorist. Aboki
Ladi | 6/9/2016 10:31:00 AM
You see the problem with us?. Is this double standard? Already we are suffering from black out. I have lost enough family members courtesy BokoHaram. Pls if peace can be negotiated let them go ahead!
help | 6/10/2016 5:24:00 PM
brother mohamet...Avengers are not terrorists they are freedom fighter. .when our president dont want to stop killings in his country rather he supported d killing by fulani and other killers..why now Avengers stated their own madness everybody is against them...Avengers are freedom fighters simple
abushahid | 6/8/2016 4:34:00 PM
i am from the North, infact Kano. Recent events have made me regret that PMB is not from my generation; PMB still believes in one Nigeria because he helped defend it's territorial integrity during the civil war - i personally have long had my doubts in this contraption called Nigeria. Yes, different communities have had contacts with each other before colonialism; yes we have intermarried, and yes, we have done NYSC, and other variables - but my belief in Nigeria got shattered when in 2009 heard emeka anyaoku made some comments about the North, when i read richard akinjide (remember he was shagari's attorney-general), & how with illustrious and intelligent sons & daughters, niger delta could allow morons to dictate their narrative! i pray fervently for God to help us dismember naija peacefully, aameen
Babe | 6/8/2016 10:48:00 PM
You guys need to go because your choices are bloodshed and poor reasoning in control of South South resources. I want you guys to go. Niger-Delta will be at peace.
Ukwo | 6/13/2016 10:03:00 AM
My respect
sunny E | 6/8/2016 7:35:00 PM
Fake story.
DrBello. | 6/8/2016 11:27:00 PM
I sincerely believe in peaceful separation of nigeria. There's nothing in common between northland south apart from looters of treasury..southerners called us parasite they forgoten that oil was explored with our sweat;our agricultural produced and poultry profits. My opinion let's go our separate ways. Those who oil let drink and bath with it is their property.and those of us from the north we will wake up and use population;desert sand and remaining arable land. To see if we can survive.and to my ibo brother agitating for biafra pls stop killing hardsmen just send to us and recalled ur remaining brothers widely scattered everywhere in the north. Sothat your dream of greater biafra will be realise but may be you may need to build Israel style wall to prevent them from escaping back to their business and mansions in the north.
Uzo | 6/9/2016 7:18:00 AM
You guys continue projecting this distorted fallacy of exploring oil using resources from North. For your information, Nigeria never explored for oil which was found way before independence. The amalgamation of North and south was to use southern resources to pay salaries in less productive North. Or u thought the British were looking for a country to create in the first place. Read history bro cos you can't distort history.
Nasir S. Abdulkarim | 6/9/2016 3:44:00 AM
Well it is quiet unportunate the way things are going today in our country from boko haram to kidnapping from kidnapping to militancy why ? I believe there are some foriengn nation behind all these problems but we know nigeria is indivsible country since 2015 has come and gone but i dont mind whatever will happen because i know both north and south need each other in all endervours.
nna Kalu to Nasir | 6/9/2016 10:28:00 AM
U talk well we really need each other our prayers is that God will have his way
OHAHA ONAH | 6/9/2016 6:15:00 AM
NOW I KNOW DAT HAUSA ARE D MOST st*p*d BEING TO LIVE ON FACE OF D EARTH. IF COWS AND SHEEPS CAN BE CLAIM BY D NORTH WHY NOT OIL BY D SOUTH? GOD HAVE REJECTED NORTHERN FOR LEADERSHIPS IN NIGERIA ,MUSA YAR DUA CAME FOR 4YRS HE DIED WITHOUT COMPLETING IT.GOODLUCK COMPLETED IT AND SERVED ANOTHER 4YRS GBAM. NOW THIS BRAINLESS BUHARI HAVE COME WITH ANOTHER EBIOLA SICKNESS .WILL SOON DIE. AND OSINBAJO WILL COMPLETE IT.
Ohaha onah | 6/9/2016 2:08:00 PM
You can never become an elder in your entire miserable life..... For you do not have respect for your elders, so dia for your days can not be long
willy | 6/10/2016 11:41:00 AM
Pls enough of the abusive language. While I agree with the points that our voices should be heard we should not be like those who look but don't see, hear but don't understand, smell but don't perceive. Why do you waste your time! How, for example, will a man in his right senses compare cow to oil, bokoharam killing innocent people with no justifiable reason to NDA destroying the instruments of cheats with specific and unquestionable demands. Their religion is a direct opposite of ours and their culture is based on those tenents of abuses, curses and killings. You can pick a little from the President who even called his citizens dogs and all sorts of names. There are two types of Presidential styles the' Jonathan style' and the 'Buhari style' and today everyone knows the difference no matter how they want to hide the truth. You can't cover smoke, can you? We stand ready to defend ourselves but lets show them the way to make the point whether or not they accept it. Let them be abusing themselves; you just stay calm but not quiet lest they think you are a coward but get the message across.
Max p | 6/9/2016 7:41:00 AM
I support division of Nigeria only into six. I am from Middle belt, I pray our leaders accept my position.
Sadiq | 6/9/2016 8:39:00 AM
Atimes people amazed me no region is an island on it's own.
Mike | 6/9/2016 8:46:00 AM
My people the main problem we r having in Nigeria today is British bcs of their selfish interests in in the country ,they all the truth and best thing to do in Nigeria but can't afford to loose like chevron and oil companies owns by them and other western countries forgorting that others are dying daily under terrorism and marginalization
Mr.NON. | 6/9/2016 8:51:00 AM
I don't think for the long been south south has fed nigeria with their resources, if it were to be the North to feed nigeria with their resources this time fram, it would 've been long nigeria has divided. The problem of this country will never end until division emerge. Lord Lugard sign fir the Amalgamation of Nigeria for one hundred years alone. And as of 1914-2016, Nigeria is 102 years old. So, any region in Nigeria can secede acording to the Amalgamation document.
Tonero | 6/9/2016 9:31:00 AM
Nigeria should separate. Our unity is overdue.
King La | 6/9/2016 9:49:00 AM
All their plan is for them to continue to steal Niger-Delta people oil with false document called constitution, but this time, it will not work for them.
salisu musa izalah | 6/9/2016 10:45:00 AM
oh Allah. may Allah save our country
willy | 6/10/2016 11:45:00 AM
Allah kills God saves!
Good team | 6/9/2016 11:56:00 AM
We the southerners must stand up n fight this people till the end.. We must make them understand that the era of slavery has gone....the British are using the lazy hausa /fulanis whom we don't have anything in common to steal what belongs to us to make us suffer n die in pains n early....they give this parasites power n gun 🔫 to kill us for the fact that we are blessed my the almighty God in heaven....we must all stand up now to face them or we keep on dying one by one everyday while they will go ahead brainwashing so gullible f**ls among us to work with.....ohhhh my people from the south east n south south we must stand as one to decide our destinies cos under one Nigeria we have no destiny nor future, our destiny is being held n controlled by a mere being like us n we must say no to that......Oil or no oil we must all reject one Nigeria now or perish under one Nigeria forever n regret in hell....ohhhh my youths we must stand up to fight the hausa/ fulani slaves in our midst who called themselves the politicians n the pipeline guards supporting one Nigeria for their selfish interest while we the masses die every day in hunger n penury......Rise up the youths of my land cos we must not continue to live like slaves in our land....UK is a country inhabited by human beings having every good things but vow to make us live like baboons in the bush...DUBAI....US... JAPAN....SWITZERLAND n other beautiful countries are located on this earth 🌍 n inhabited by human beings then why must we accept to live like people living in another world 🌍?....Then to the people who always vomit rubb**h saying the north n south needs each other.. Yes we need each other just like GHANA N CAMEROON, KENYA, NIGERIA, N OTHER COUNTRIES NEEDS EACH OTHER NOT AS ONE OK...
abxul | 6/9/2016 12:00:00 PM
Why do we like insulting others, even the president imaging someone calling the president brainless, I think we show some respect to each other when making comment, we should Base our comment on the way forward I mean solution to the problem on ground believe someone idea may go a long way as a solution to all this killing and destruction in this country. Please let's us be wise may God in his infinite mercy have mercy on us and save our beloved country from collapse.
idris | 6/9/2016 12:17:00 PM
we r stl 1 nd 4 dt we shld embed ourslvs wt pryrs 4 Allah 2 cf our country nd protct d livs of ctzns.. i tnk dt s d bst wy 2 brng abt d solutn
Biti | 6/9/2016 12:58:00 PM
No king can be proud of ruling over hundreds as a reputable king while his counterparts full over millions. We have to swallow sentiments and segregation so as to have a GREAT NATION where both southerners and northerners will rull as respected ruller before the whole world.
Datti Muhammed | 6/9/2016 1:16:00 PM
We don't have any country like Nigeria, so we should continue praying in Allah's name everything will be clear.
M Lawal | 6/9/2016 1:46:00 PM
The discussions are quite interesting, and I really enjoyed it. It is a depiction on how great this country is. Let keep on we will get somewhere sometime. My little advice to both sides is to hold on to what you really believe is right and be proud with whatever emerges from individual efforts because it will ensure sustainance and control. Good luck to you all
Austin | 6/9/2016 1:57:00 PM
Yes, the igbos are not represented why?. The Niger Delta militant are fighting for there right. Yes, some of us will say the oil is for the nation agreed but drain't from one state to better the rest of the country leaving the state that it is drained from to be in dilapidation. The so called Billionairesomething in the country have there oil blocks in the Delta and they even not from the Delta. The time has come where everybody should go there separate ways that is what will solve our problem in that country. The British want to make for there selfish interest not that they care about the wellbeing of Nigerians. I praise the militant for what they are doing and if it goes to war and that the solution fine. It has long been coming anyway. The igbos have long wanted to go there separate was I don't blame them since theyou have been relegated to nothing in the country. Saraki is still the Senate president after all he has been accused of. It is a shame to Nigeria if at some point there is still going to be "Nigeria ". Niger Delta I hail.
Lawa M | 6/9/2016 2:32:00 PM
The discussions are quite interesting. it is a depiction of hoe great this country is. Lets get going, we will get somewhere sometime. However with or without separation of Nigeria, our collective and individual problems will never end. If tolerance cannot be exercise as a nation nor can it work as individual groups. Whoever think separation is the solution now, it will equally mark the beginning of another serious problem which non of us can handle. My little advice is that you always be proud with what emerges from your efforts because that's what makes bravery.
US Aliyu | 6/9/2016 4:13:00 PM
Reading all this will you say Nigerian are their brother's keeper? Certainly not. But we could be IF we all look at each other in the face and tell each other the truth. No body and i dare say no part of this country wishes the other well. Why? Because deceit,corruption, lies, cheating, selfishness, greed and all forms of negative thoughts are the order of the day in Nigeria. These are now the creed in all religious climes, in all regions if i may borrow the term, in all state and local government, and in most of our families which sadly should be our vanguard. When such negetive thoughts have become our way of life and nobody thinks that this is wrong then you will hear comments as written above. The last thresh hold will be anarchy and total break down of law and order. Those saying lets go our seperate ways are consumed by these negativity and are doing so to subjugate and dominate the weak amongs them. Not true? Then tell me why do we have squables in mosques and churches if the ultimate goal is to serve God, why do we have politicians of same "ideaology" not able to settle a simple matter of who becomes the chairman if the object of the exercise is to serve and better the life of the people. I can go on and on. The truth of the matter is much as we hate each other i will like to challenge any Nigerian to tell me if he or she is the only one living in Dubai with everything functioning 100% and every belong to him or her if he or she will be a happy person. I rest my case.
Tunde | 6/9/2016 5:59:00 PM
One of the major problem we are having in this country is that we don't love each other, corruption in this country cut across all d tribes race in respect of religion as well, I respect ken sarowiwa and d rest they were dose dat really fought for the Niger delta wit sincere heart. May d lord help us.
Hausa/Fulani | 6/9/2016 6:37:00 PM
Kaji mutane kowa na yita fanin albarkacin bakinsa, Allah kayimana jagoranci. Amin
Nmauju | 6/9/2016 7:43:00 PM
Pls d way things are going now; I support that we divide, as we don't respect each others faith, see what happened in Kano where pastors wife was beheaded just like that, on Wednesday again one christian carpenter man was almost stabbed to death by 6 guys for not joining in Ramadan fast while he was eating at his workshop in Kaduna now hospitalized. Enough is enough is better to go our separate ways
Northeast | 6/9/2016 11:34:00 PM
U better follow what is really happening b4 u comment on it, d issue of the woman in kano she abuse our prophet openly and youths stone her to death she wasn't beheaded as u are saying
Fred | 6/10/2016 1:27:00 PM
Mr. Northeast or what ever ur name is, is abusing your prophet enough reason to take ones life? You see one thing with you northerners, taking ones life is a normal thing to you guys over there, if your Alla permits that our God doesn't because it's evil and sinful. Whether stoned or beheaded. Civilised people don't do that, I can't imagine southerners beheading or stoning a woman simply because she abused a reverend. My brothers, I think the solution to Nigerian problems is division or true federalism or confederation system of government. Where every region will be allowed to make use of there own comparative advantage in order to better their region, and by so doing, it will enhance economic competition amongs the regions, which will in turn bring rapid development. If we don't go by the above mentioned, Nigeria will continue to fully depend on crude...thanks to all
Ng | 6/9/2016 7:52:00 PM
One Nigeria my foot. We are not one n can never
no name | 6/9/2016 9:01:00 PM
we are f**l our self nothing like one Nigeria
muo | 6/9/2016 9:42:00 PM
Separation is not the solution to our problem, our problem is not having good leadership
divine | 6/9/2016 10:49:00 PM
This is quite interesting... As I have always say, let's go our separate ways to avoid further blood bath by this Godforsaken contraption called nigeria.... For Christ sake we don't try for una naa... Hausa people... 102years nobe 102days o..,.. Abeg let Biafrans rule themselves and control their resources naa... Allah... Abi una want clear their generation completely and take over their resources?..... The Liquid Black Gold..... We have discovered na obughi ihe aki ilu na ada na nti ka ona ato n'onu... Buhari should not waste time granting Bail to Mazi Kalu and granting Referendum
Northeast | 6/9/2016 11:43:00 PM
I didn't see any thing wrong for any region to it own way, just us collect what we invested amicable in d oil Wells, every body knows we invested in drilling oil in this country there4 u take ur oil we wil manage our vast land and human resources to build our place any other person being from south south or south East must leave our region, to see if crisis of land ownership alone didn't kill u.
Amkam | 6/10/2016 1:31:00 AM
Nigeria as a nation is long over duew. Pleas lets seperate 4 peace sake
Nigerian | 6/10/2016 5:43:00 AM
Fake story from fake journalists! I can see a lot of gullible people here actually believe this trash, ask yourself why would UK blamed Buhari for deploying military when they(UK) have intelligence report of presence of missiles launch location in Niger Delta? Common sense is no longer common in Nigeria. By the way when will Avengers launch their so called missile to Aso rock? They said Tuesday night and it's already Friday! f**ls.
Lord okey | 6/10/2016 7:51:00 AM
It's in BBC news today that Nigeria is facing the worst economic crisis for decades. The same people who supported and gave him power is now mocking him and his so called country. Bye Bye to Nigeria!
UB Ali | 6/10/2016 9:15:00 AM
Well, well if it is seperation that you guys are aspiring for so be it at long run we know who is the loser. But lets do it peacefully l will love it for the north to carry their own cross.
justice | 6/10/2016 3:30:00 PM
I wonder why people can't just read history! How was this oil developed, what was then the financial contributor to the Nigeria economy? 2.what are doing with the 18% of the total budget of this country. What is the allocation for ministry of niger delta used for, what about nddc,etc. In a very near future, kogi will take over as a major contributor to the country's finance. It should be adjudged their right then O. Finally, you guys should read your religious books and free yourself from from men that have tap-caged you false,hate, and fabricated doctrine.
sam. | 6/10/2016 3:48:00 PM
We Christians always think we are educated,clever than the Muslims. Wake up,we are not. Let truth be told. Why didn't all this happen during our own, Jonathan? Even the Bible said pray for your in authority.what some pastors,Rev. Fathers are telling us in the church are not the teachings of the Bible. Jesus never hated any one but today, we Christians hates,dejects, anybody who's not a Christian.christ said we should live like Him. Remember, christ is love. Now,ask yourself. Are you living the life Jesus said you live.? Think about it.
there are good ship nd there are bad ship, but the best ship is Friendship.
By: Nonso