TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

2015: Rev Father Mbaka prays for Buhari, says President Jonathan disappointed Nigerians

By The Citizen

Renowned Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, has offered prayers for the All Progressives Congress candidate, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) to  emerge the winner of the presidential election next month.

Mbaka, who heads the popular Catholic Adoration Centre in Enugu, said this in his New Year sermon titled 'From Good luck to Bad luck,' while addressing thousands of parishioners on Thursday night in Emene, Enugu State.

He urged all well-meaning Nigerians to vote for Buhari on February 14.

According to the cleric, Jonathan has disappointed Nigerians and cannot deliver the dividends of democracy to the people.

Mbaka subsequently knelt down in front of the altar, cried and asked God to give Nigeria a good leader and not Jonathan. He used the opportunity to beg Nigerians to vote wisely in the forthcoming elections.

'I love President Goodluck Jonathan and I used to be his ardent fan, but I want good for my people and that's why I want Nigerians to vote out Goodluck Jonathan and vote General Muhammad Buhari. I don't care if Buhari is a Muslim and from the North; all I care about is that Buhari can save Nigeria,” Mbaka stated.

It could be recalled that the same Mbaka had recently endorsed Jonathan's re-election bid when the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, had taken Jonathan's wife, Patience, to Mbaka, where the cleric said he would pray for Jonathan's victory.

However, after prayers, Mbaka said the sign he received from God was that Jonathan was not fit to rule the nation anymore.

Mbaka further explained that one of the reasons Jonathan is no longer fit to rule Nigeria for the next four years was the high level of insecurity which the President had failed to address as well as corruption in the country.

He said it was unfortunate that the over 200 Chibok girls who were abducted by terrorists over 200 days ago had not been rescued despite series of promises made by Jonathan.

He further urged the Federal Government to account for the missing $20bn and stop insurgency in the country.

Mbaka maintained that Buhari could not Islamise Nigeria as being rumoured in some circles.

He said he had never met the APC candidate but urged Nigerians not to forget that Buhari fought corruption to a standstill during his administration between December 1983 and August 1985.

Your Comment

Shola olagoke | 1/3/2015 12:23:00 PM
God has spoken d minds of d majority. God bless.r
Bisi Osineye | 1/3/2015 1:06:00 PM
Considering the man's age, it is not impossible that the man has forgotten where the documents are which of course will raise other questions, however, that will be left for the electorate to decide. In the mean time, he can always apply to the school(s) attended for "To Whom it may Concern" which will be as good as the certificate(s) itself.
usman Ahmed | 1/3/2015 3:28:00 PM
Every body knows the situation we are in as of now. Lets talk of the reality. Lets forget about ones religion. Nobody stops any body from doing his religion. Lets vote wisely and save our nation.
B.B. | 1/3/2015 5:38:00 PM
Rev Mbaka, by your name, pls in the name of almighty God, desist from political games,no a mouth of CASH,they mighty have given you any one of you there,(Men of God) who will dable into Nigeria politic to create more confusion will pay a precious price from our God,
okey | 4/1/2015 12:00:00 PM
who laughs last now. a man ordained by God gave God's message but u guys condemned him. his prophesy stands after all. all the other so called men of God who said what God didn't say should now hide in shame. Mbaka is a real man of God. beg God for forgiveness before His wrath descends upon you for insulting His chosen one.
anonymous | 4/8/2015 9:54:00 AM
mind your statement fellow Nigeria. Rev father Mbaka cannot take bribe from any one, not even the president of united states. don't invite the wrath of God by saying jagoons about a priest you know nothing about. am not a catholic but I most disappoint you that father mbaka is a true servant of God speaking the mind of God to the world bcos the cry of Nigerians have touched the heart of Our creator.
Chima ohia | 1/3/2015 8:15:00 PM
Rev.father Ejike Mbaka,your sermon you titled from Good luck to Bad luck,how does that affect the life of a sin that worship with you at Adoration that very day,God told you He didn't need Goodluck to rule this nation,but Buhari,Please father live politician,use your position widely,souls are perishing,use your time wisely,pray for our president and our nation Nigeria,God will give us a lead to rule his people,(be wise their is no time,God bless you.
okey nwoko | 4/1/2015 12:02:00 PM
God has really shown you all that Mbaka really spoke His message. be God for mercy and forgiveness.
anonymous | 4/8/2015 10:03:00 AM
who says he is wasting his time? the spiritual smoke in the political realm is not sum tin you can comprehend. Gods anointed is speaking To sensitize and educate the populace without fear and you are admonishing him to use his time wisely, am disappointed in your literature, what can be of priority now if not the fate of our dear country. president good luck is a man that have the interest of Nigeria at heart and has worked to ensure sustainable development only in theory as his project executors have constantly stabbed him by doing the otherwise. he is a smart and responsible president but what must be must be and that is a change of government that have suffered in the hands of corrupt ministers and public servants.
gbenga afolabi | 1/3/2015 9:46:00 PM
If a man of God refuse to partake in politics who will guide dem?
mr i.d | 1/3/2015 9:52:00 PM
Let nigerian be focus and prayerful concern forthcoming generally election may God be wit our leaders in this country. Amen
Edo | 1/5/2015 10:18:00 AM
Rev. Mbaka, first endorsed Jonathan, before he endorsed Buhari. You see, he has lost his mind. Buhari has given him money. Or he may have been threatened by the dog and the baboon thing. You know that Buhari earlier said if this election does not go well the dog and the baboon will be soaked in blood.
okey | 4/1/2015 12:04:00 PM
God is really angry with you for this comment. beg for His mercy and forgiveness for insulting His priest. His prophesy has been fulfilled. take this seriously or you ignore it to ur detriment
HENRY | 1/10/2015 9:28:00 PM
God Has no hand in luck but His Grace cares for those that fear Him even they may falter or fail you,as God's servant we out to pray for our leaders even if they falter we must not sell out but remember God's forgiveness for us as well for every one has weaknesses. (Psalm 51:5)Servant of God please be in the Spirit before our people are led astray. Nigeria is in dear need of leaders but not those that want it by blood, please let wisdom lead all of you in the MIGHTY NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. (James 1:5.)
Slad | 1/11/2015 10:25:00 PM
It so pains me to see a religious leader dabble in politics. I wouldn't want to use provocative words, I would have asked if Mbaka has lost his sense of reasoning! I thought the bible he carries thought him never to Judge? Has he stopped operating from spiritual perception? I expected him to pray for Nigeria rather than sway peoples mind by misleading them. May God help us
Prince ike | 2/22/2015 9:32:00 PM
Please help me tell am.....we need to fix that nuts back
wisdom | 1/26/2015 1:16:00 PM
buhari is an old man to rule Nigeria
Donchymax | 2/6/2015 5:03:00 PM
Am a catholic but from your comment Mbaka you are becoming a disgrace to priesthood
Matthew | 4/1/2015 12:23:00 AM
Its now clear that Rev. Fr. Mbaka was not out of his mind as many people thought. Nigerians, its a new day.
okey | 4/1/2015 12:05:00 PM
you are now the disgrace because his prophesy is fulfilled. your life will be full of disgrace from the day Buhari won. mark my word. God's wrath will overtake you soonest. mark this
wisdom | 1/26/2015 1:19:00 PM
buhari is an old man to rule Nigeria
favour | 1/26/2015 5:47:00 PM
fr mbaka i wouldn't believe that u are the one doing this, this unbelieveable, have u join politic or have they bribe u.u are not de one that will tell us whom to vote and not to vote, allow god to put de rightful people they, ok and reason that very well
Ephraim Bestman | 1/30/2015 9:36:00 PM
It Is Quite Obvious That Majority Of People And Politicians Has Always Fought Against The President Jonathan Regime. So The Least Fr. Mbaka Shuld Do Is To Pray For Peace And 4 D Will Of God Manifest In Dis Cmin Election. He Shuld Stp Campaigning 4 Apc
chiboy | 2/3/2015 9:47:00 AM
Rv mbaka i hope u no devil do giv revelation nd God do gv ur relevalation might b true or culd b bt my? Is y did u say all ds tins since is at d die mins u choose to speak i dnt beliv u i say let Gods will be done in nigeria
Ekweonu Peter Ik.N | 2/3/2015 11:30:00 PM
May the holy one of Israel direct you because,what you are doing is to bring unity,to be faithful, to up hold honour and glory to God.
Ekweonu Peter Ik.N | 2/3/2015 11:53:00 PM
Fr mbaka pledge to Nigeria his country
sogo ige | 2/6/2015 11:28:00 PM
GOD HAS SPOKEN THE MIND OF THE BETRAYED MASSES THAT VOTED FOR JONATHAN 2011, WHEN HE HAS NO SHOE, MASSES HAS SEEN THAT GEJ NOT ONLY HAVE SHOES NOW BUT SHOES MADE OF GOLD.
Ferdyo | 2/16/2015 9:42:00 PM
Rev.fr mbaka,ur sermon is gud but if i may asked,where in the bible did one turn pulpit meant for repentance into politics? or do you mean that thereis no limitation in the freedom of speech? What shall be your fate if perhaps goodluck's name does not change? May d holy one guide u,bcoz u r out of point.
Ferdyo | 2/16/2015 9:43:00 PM
Rev.fr mbaka,ur sermon is gud but if i may asked,where in the bible did one turn pulpit meant for repentance into politics? or do you mean that thereis no limitation in the freedom of speech? What shall be your fate if perhaps goodluck's name does not change? May d holy one guide u,bcoz u r out of point.
Chukwudi | 2/21/2015 11:04:00 PM
Mbaka has spoking his opinion he is not GOD let the will of GOD be done Amen
berlinda ozioma | 2/22/2015 11:30:00 AM
Mbaka Has said it all,as for those of you that are still blind,the voice Is beyond ur own contribution said mbaka,buhari is a millitary man buh jonathan is not so what mbaka is saying is dat he cannot rule nigeria cuz he can't fight d battle so anybody dat can handle what is hapening now should come said mbaka,
Prince Ike | 2/22/2015 9:19:00 PM
Rev.Mbaka please if you don't want to beg food on streets, I think you should mind your ministry and follow God's instructions wisely. Remember you can't compare between God with satan...........
Be warned Father...
Lizz baby | 3/9/2015 4:16:00 PM
God our country is in ur hands, let ur will be done
BEN | 3/11/2015 4:23:00 PM
Stop talking nonsense b/c nothing happen to u or ur brother.Reason & think well b/4 u speak st*p*dly against any priest of GOD. The end justify the mean
Olowosaudi1 | 4/1/2015 6:55:00 PM
Yes Change has come to stay
tony | 4/18/2015 4:39:00 PM
Rev fr E mbake u hv shown dem dat ur are a true man of God dat true ur tears dat drop on de ground cos of dis election God has come see us true...rejoice,Nigeria a new day has come
sk | 4/21/2015 6:25:00 AM
glory be to almighty God