TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015

By pointblanknews.com

“Even though I have said it time and time again that the president should control his wife but there is something significant about Mr. President.

He is the first president without any ties to the military mafia. All his children are in schools here in Nigeria. You cannot come across a skyscraper in any corner of Nigeria and people will tell you it belongs to him; even a seven storey building.

I strongly believe that GEJ is a phenomenal change from before and if we cannot find a better, young alternative, then we must remain with him until we can groom someone better.

This is no time to go back to the military mafia and go back to our vomit”

- Prof. Wole Soyinka

The post Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 appeared first on Pointblank News .

Your Comment

robins | 12/14/2014 4:56:00 PM
This is the first time Sole has said something reasonable to Nigerians.
Michael | 12/14/2014 5:30:00 PM
There is nothing in that dubious write up that can be attributed to Prof. Wole Soyinka, a noble laureate in literature. Criminal fabrication is the best Jonathan supporters can offer.
Michael | 12/14/2014 5:30:00 PM
There is nothing in that dubious write up that can be attributed to Prof. Wole Soyinka, a noble laureate in literature. Criminal fabrication is the best Jonathan supporters can offer.
Moses | 1/7/2015 12:47:00 PM
My dear brother, you can't be too sure. But I expect the Nobel laureate to speak now.
Jojo armani | 12/15/2014 10:01:00 AM
If this news is coming from the right source, then it means God is really with Mr President. This prof can change the thinking of many towards Jonathan
kingsley agbonaye | 12/16/2014 3:27:00 AM
Thank u Prof. For d first time, I see you are a forthright man who believe in the future of Nigetia.
lawson | 12/16/2014 12:08:00 PM
Prof must have read this. We should wait patiently for his comment. I am sure hé will sa y something.
yinka johnson | 12/17/2014 6:06:00 PM
I strongly agree with yu my dear professor, God bless and keep yu for us.
yinka johnson | 12/18/2014 8:56:00 AM
I strongly agree with yu my dear professor, God bless and keep yu for us.
Tunde ola | 12/20/2014 3:40:00 PM
Even without reading Prof's mind, it's obvious that BUHARI is an error for Nigeria if he emerged. I knew Baba to a strong hater of Mr Jona and his disgraceful wife but what choice do we have but to take what we still have than have faith on Buhari who lack the whim to respect human right. Baba, I get you. BUHARI is no choice at all. Baba is making do with his rotten Son.
Socrates | 12/22/2014 11:39:00 AM
Such statement can never be made by Wole Soyinka. If you want to know about the wealth of the current Nigerians and their cohorts, go to Banana Island in Lagos and the part of the reclaimed portion of Lagos, among other shadowy ownership. People must not be deceived. Prof Wole Soyinka knows the criminality of the present of crop of PDP politicians than soil his name.
Uche | 12/25/2014 3:12:00 AM
If anyone anyone doubts that Prof. Soyinka authorship,of this comments, it cannot be because of the material content; there is nothing here that contradicts what Soyinka wrote on Buhari i 2003, when Buhari made to run against Obasanjo who was not also liked by Soyinka. The fact is that Nigerians will only be making 'change' backwards to anarchy and further deprivations of Nigerians if anyone thinks Buhari is that change. In his last interview with Thisday Buhari made it clear that he cannot change his religious stance because of the presidency. Part of that stance is his determination to pursue the Sharia, those who think that being a civilian president will mellow this, show grave lack ofv the ramifications of the strategy to pursue that determination. An important question that nobody is asking Buhari is the fate of non-muslims in those States that adopted Sharia which he extolled and vowed full support in 2001.
urch. | 12/29/2014 9:16:00 AM
well said.. gmb cant b beta alternative.
Saolacious | 1/5/2015 6:37:00 PM
Professor Wole Soyinka would say this only when he was growing gaga
Chiadi | 1/7/2015 9:01:00 PM
The Almighty God will keep Migeria far away from sharia and islamic agenda in Jesus name Amen.
EGBE Victoria | 1/15/2015 10:14:00 AM
He has said it. Words of Elders ... and a wise one at that!!!
Akinola | 1/28/2015 9:22:00 PM
Wole Soyinka has spoken the truth. May Allah bless him for us. Let us all reason about this.
H.O.H | 2/2/2015 4:22:00 PM
Frank talk from an enlightened elder statesman. GEJ is not the best but he is 100% better than any retired general of which Buhari a muslim phanatic is the worst
aliyu system | 2/18/2015 8:01:00 PM
enyway prof you are right about it an we ar praying for victory over it an i wish you long live an prosperity nigerians vote wisely.
Aliyu system | 2/18/2015 8:14:00 PM
ones again prof most be right bcus we can not truest GEJ any more so nigerians vote wisely cast your vote and not your live
kolawole y | 2/20/2015 2:36:00 PM
prof wole soyinka ! Is better for you to remain silent than saying all these
harbiedemie | 3/13/2015 5:09:00 PM
prof must be out of his mind!!!