TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

Big Brother Africa; Tayo Faniran; And the Lessons We Learnt

By Nnaemeka Oruh

A lot of people who consider themselves 'serious minded' claim that they do not watch Big Brother Africa as it is a waste of time; promotes immorality; and does not teach anything. This is the view I gleaned from the responses to the essays I have written on Big Brother Africa over the years. Yet, I am serious minded enough to continue to watch and to an extent, be fanatic about the show. My reason is that while the show has its negatives, it continues to serve, for me, as an avenue through which I get a peep into the African soul.

A 'peep' because while I cannot confidently claim that the representatives of the various countries that participate in the show are really symbolic of the character and culture of their people, one can at least accept that they represent certain aspects of their countries. So then, Big Brother Africa remains for me, an avenue though which I can have a glimpse of what is happening in Africa.

This year's show specifically revealed two very important issues to me. First, is the prevailing regionalism that is completely taking over Africa. On the surface, we appear to be a continent of people who are united in almost all ramifications, but underneath this, is a deep seated distrust, hatred and almost near fatal sibling competition between the southern part of Africa and West Africa especially Nigeria. Obviously, the biggest powers in Africa are South Africa and Nigeria. These two giants have become so embroiled in a competitiveness that now borders on extreme bitterness.

Big Brother Africa aside, the nature of the foreign relations between these two countries underscore this bitterness. What Big Brother Africa however reveals to us is a burgeoning gang up by the allies of South Africa against Nigeria. It is indeed a case of the rest of Africa, against Nigeria. Tayo Faniran(one of Nigeria's representatives to this year's Big Brother Africa) discovered this in the Big Brother house and nearly spent the entirety of his stay in the house bemoaning this.

This rest of Africa versus Nigeria phenomenon seems to have grown out of envy for the size, wealth, and indeed success of Nigeria hence the others see it as their sworn duty to disprove of Nigeria's position as the giant of Africa and thus the continent's natural leader. The rest of Africa, led by South Africa, sees it as their duty to ensure that in matters where they can have a say, the brash, loud and arrogant Nigerians must be put in their place and made to know that only Nigeria does not constitute Africa. Any fan of the Big Brother Africa show will tell you in honesty that the most entertaining housemate for the 2014 edition was Tayo Faniran. The question however is; why didn't Tayo win? While some may want to accuse the Big Brother Africa organisers of rigging the votes, the truth is clearly seen in the spread of the country votes: Africa aligned to vote for the next best in order to ensure that a Nigerian did not win.

The above point highlights an issue which a perceptive observer of events in Africa will note as something that is no longer only visible in the entertainment industry, but also in all facets of African life. Nigeria for long has been the head and other African countries now see it as a hegemony that must be dethroned.

The second lesson learnt is simply seen in the fact that 'The Rest of Africa' votes did not come to Tayo Faniran(ROA votes are sent to a certain number provided by the organisers. Voters can vote from any part of the world).Now, Nigerians(with our immense population) could have easily controlled these votes and made sure that the votes went to Tayo. However, this was not the case. Why was it not so?

Fans of Big Brother Africa will confirm to you that Tayo owned the social media. Majority of the Big Brother Africa fans took to social media, asserting that the winner of the 2014 season will be none other than Tayo Faniran. In the end, Tayo could only get two country votes(Nigeria and Mozambique).Now, if we assume that most of the fans who were making that assertion on social media were Nigerians, then that implies too that they would be doing everything possible to make sure he won.

Everything possible would have included sending multiple votes to the Rest of Africa number in order to tie down the Rest of Africa votes, while also voting normally as Nigerians. Yet this did not happen. This did not happen because majority of the fans were busy making that assertion on social media while doing nothing concrete to see that assertion come true. This is symbolic of the major problem we have in Nigeria: we preach so much change on the social media and do nothing to ensure this change happens.

So as the 2015 general elections come, plenty Nigerians are active change activists on social media and have denounced the present government. I am quite sure that majority of the people who have been leading this campaign for change on the social media are yet to get their Voter's Card. So at the end of the 2015 general elections, there will be no change because we only talked about the change and did nothing to make it happen.

When that happens, we will start accusing the Independent National Electoral Commission of having rigged the elections when in reality, it was our fault. As Tayo Faniran's loss in the Big Brother Africa 2014 teaches us, votes are not cast through tweets, Facebook updates, broadcasts, etcetera. The change we want can only come if we campaign for it, but most importantly if we take the action that will bring the change.

While Tayo Faniran's loss continues to hurt me, the show opened my eyes to several things two of which I have shared above. First of all, the rest of Africa need to understand that Nigeria is still part of Africa and stop with the regional delineation. Regionalism and ganging up against Nigeria can only lead to bad blood and hatred--which is exactly what we do not need in Africa right now. Nigeria will continue to play a hugely important role in African affairs. It is not an act of bullying, it is simply because of the fact that the country is well placed to always lead the continent. Secondly, the change we want cannot come solely through social media talk. Change can only come when we take the right actions that will directly lead to the change.

Your Comment

anonymous | 12/8/2014 1:22:00 PM
True talk.
True talk.
True talk.
Anonymous | 12/8/2014 2:23:00 PM
Very correct.I am not a nigerian but I am very hurt that Tayo did not win this.I think there is some kind of mafia going on in that game.I Big Brother wants to please all the countries participating by making sure that all the countries taste the money each passing year.My question is, why is he doing this at the expense of the true winner? I know his reason will be that Nigerians have won this many times but why let people like Melvin and Tayo suffer..If Nigerians play the game well every year, the money should be given to them.Nigerians are bosses in all they do and east Africans can't come to terms with this fact .....period! However, I know a Nigerian will win the next BBA because Big Brother will use this as a strategy to please Nigerians.
name | 12/9/2014 10:37:00 AM
Well said. I couldn't have said it any better.
Angela Ngozi Okonkwo | 12/9/2014 3:01:00 PM
If the person dat will represent Nigeria yr do well he will win but if did not do well another person win but all I know is dat bigbrother will not eat my money again unless d Nigeria representative did well but for another country representative noway
Geraldine | 12/10/2014 11:58:00 AM
Well said! So very true...
Anonymous | 12/8/2014 2:52:00 PM
As a south african I have to agree, there was this notion that we don't care who wins so long as its not Tayo, that shows bitterness and a degree of jealousy, but I wish Tayo luck he deserved to win.
Magicfingers | 12/8/2014 5:30:00 PM
My brother,i no fit shout....Biggie exposed himself by rigging(Politics everywhere). Its obvious that Tayo won and was denied his winning. However, we have to kick and fight for justice but the question is,our own people who are suppose to support our fight will just take % and seal their mouths.
OTUNBA | 12/8/2014 6:40:00 PM
Big brother is full of sh*t basta*d people Tayo deserve to win and is even the winner and this make me feel so bad that tayo did not win f*ck big brother and f*ck Idris basta*d big brother you will never archieve anytin again in life except you give that money back to Tayo in public
Major C. Umukoro | 12/8/2014 6:46:00 PM
It's obvious that Tayo win in all ramifications but biggie turn it down and give the winner to Idris , manipulate every thing. Shame to u biggie. Tayo will excel more than u ever imagine. Nigerian are in whatever they do. Just watch out and see for yourself.
gertrudej | 12/18/2014 6:25:00 AM
Tayo is a winner in my heart I'm a South African and I campained n voted for Tayo vigorously there were no votes shown from SA n roa I think this was rigged to apease other countries n its unfair will the rich of Nigeria do something for Tayo to console him please
anonymous | 12/8/2014 6:51:00 PM
it's cristally clear to the blind and audible to the deaf that Tayo faniran won this season 9 BBA. He was robbed ripped off of his crown by our own people.. The organisers of BBA and the viewers who knows the truth and hide under sentiments and emotional derail.. i wake up to c Tayo smiles full of life that young AKT so real so true of himself. I cried my younger brother travelled back to school the 1st thing he asked of was, how's my Tayo and I laugh..... what an irony of life that Tayo didn't make it. but Africans watch out this guy... will make it more than the 45m my wish is this, Tayo companies like Glo Mtn Etisalat Airtel modelling agencies will sign u up soon to be their ambassadors. . . Emi AKT omo oyo Faniran Them go know. .. to shame other countries haters of Nigeria. .
Oge | 12/8/2014 6:58:00 PM
The hate in the house and outside of the house was just too much. Nigeria should stop participating to give these other African country peace. Obviously they don't think we are African cos we are good in everything we do
leesure | 12/8/2014 7:16:00 PM
Big brother nor f*cking try.Partial all the way.Tears up till now!
evelyne | 12/8/2014 7:56:00 PM
Is true that is so painful for us tayo's fun we have just to understand that its was a game.....Tayo we like ?
sam | 12/8/2014 8:49:00 PM
this is very wrong tayo faced a lot of hatred in the house and yet he was still a very strong...and after everything they rubed him off his crown..i couldnt believe it wen kidris was announcd as the winner he didnt even win any star price he was just chasin women up and down and dey gave it to him.well this is not the first time biggie is cheatin..no matter what they say TAYO AKA sexy farmer is the real hotshots..and i will never accept the fact that he had only two country votes because it was RIGGED
rhoda | 12/8/2014 9:01:00 PM
My heart was broken wen I heard d announcement,idris of all people does it mean dat africans don't know d true definition of entertainment.kai am disappointed wit africa and biggie,i will never waste my time watching d show again
A | 12/8/2014 10:59:00 PM
Where was biggie when southern Nigerians were setting thieves ablaze. Tayo you are a great man my God will open new way for you
Debby | 12/9/2014 1:11:00 AM
Ryt from wen Macky2 n snipe got d gifts for being funny n crazy, I knew the final votes would be manipulated. I'm forever gonna b an AKT fan. He taught me never to go out of my way to please anyone, if any1 feels he's mad, give dem their size. Omo akin my niccur
taby | 12/9/2014 2:04:00 AM
Idris has the whole East Africa to vote for him so automatically he was a winner.the results were very fair to me.I also wanted our JJ to win but it was just a dream since he was supporse to share countrt votes with Butty and I Southern africa we had 5 representative we couldn't save any of them.lets just accept the resupts
Nono | 12/9/2014 9:01:00 AM
Amen, you are correct let's just accept the results and move on.
SS | 12/9/2014 3:14:00 AM
It is one big shame that Idris surely with lesser votes spread across five countries as they claim wins the show. If Idris was really a hotshot Nigeriansare the type who don't give a damn they will go ahead & vote him the same way they did Dilllish; that is Nigerians for you. As it is, a Nigerian may never win the show again as it is obvious the rule on ground is to put her at disadvantage. Well, except they choose to compensate Nigeria in the next show but trust me if the nxt Nigerian rep is not entertaining, Nigerians themselves will be the first to kick em out. That is what we naturally are as a people in Nigeria. We hardly subscribe to sentiments in matters like this. Watch our football team when they perform woefully & see what they get from the fans. In short, this BBA show is officially f*cked! The organiser better do something to appease the majority of their subscribers who happens to be Nigerians before they experience the unexpected.
Mercy | 12/9/2014 6:19:00 AM
Let's not talk abt nationality or reginalisation or anything of the kind, am an eastafrican a Tanzanian to be more specific, but my fun was Tayo,I liked him , he was too original he was a threat to others either, I was shocked to realize tayo has not win, I still don't understand,I didnt vote for Tayo because he is a Nigerian , I voted for him because he was entertaining, however I did not vote I Idris because he is a Tanzanian, Tayo inspired me to keep watching the show,consdidering the fact that this is the first time for me to watch. He was straight not a hypocrite, he was hated by most of the hotshot but he made it, I am so proud of him he is man he respect his girlfriend and he value her a lot, that's why he never cheated her with any housemate,he acted maturely. The problem is that most of African they don't want to be told the truth,they love sugercoating which is wrong,call a spede a speed, that is Tayo he tells you the truth when he consider you as friend as he did to JJ but they take it negatively, He told Sheila the facts, but some people used the same reasons to pull him down. OMG Tayo u r great, keep playing your game you will succeed.
Nono | 12/9/2014 9:13:00 AM
The results are out and whether we like it or not Idris has won. Dwelling on what has happened is not helping anyone at this stage. Insulting people and being arrogant to your fellow Africans won't take anyone, anywhere. As much as Tayo entertained us, him being arrogant and use abusive language to other people especially women, was not ayoba. Thank you.
Ruth Ingwena | 12/9/2014 10:17:00 AM
I am East African and i thourougly loved Tayo. As much as i also liked Idris, i expected Tayo to win or at least get 4 country votes. As i've said elsewhere,Tayo i've adopted you as my last born, will always pray for your future. Keep smiling through it all.
yinka | 12/9/2014 11:49:00 AM
I wake up each day n still feel so hurt that tayo did not win.even my 3 yrs old son calls tayo n sings uganda beautiful.for d first time my husband watched big brother n wen ever we have a little quarel,d fisrt tin he says is ;den go kwno,AkT nigga.n we just laugh n dat was it..i had so much fun watching tayo.well i dut want to hate n curse bcos i kwow that tayo would excell n heworth wud be more than the grand prize in no time.biggie,thk u o,i see u.be fair enough to make d reps from each region equal.n pls d hatred onjigerian among other countries shud be reduced.Tayo we loved u n wat u stood for in d house,we saw ur strenght,wekness,u kept i real,u were so emotional ,ur respect for ur girlfriend thrilled us n ur virtue of being able to saw am sorry wen ur reactns are wrong even made me love u more..u are a true winner.God bless Akintayo n akintoye
zedian | 12/9/2014 12:55:00 PM
Tayo was rude n always insultin. Jst wen wen he he insulted macky2 n us zambian, thts wen he lost popularity
Anonymous | 12/9/2014 1:26:00 PM
f*ck u Zambian u guyz re full of sh*t...see ds id**t saying tayo was rude...God purnish all of u an even ur f*cking big brother...Tayo sky is d beginning not d limit
Stev | 12/9/2014 1:32:00 PM
I can't believe Idris got 5 vote n tayo 2 wen some of those countries were d one voting tayo wen ever is up for eviction every thing is just contradicting pls may I kno we're bigbrother is from
d same Angela Ngozi | 12/9/2014 3:21:00 PM
I spend money voting every year 2012 I voted kegean 2013 I voted Melvin 2014 I voted my boy Tayo but bigbrother u ate all my money why didn't you give Tayo d money you would have given him 100 ad give idris 200 now it is not good oooo
zoba | 12/9/2014 3:39:00 PM
pls every body should 4get dis big brother Africa show, assuming tayo get 4 country vote it cud ve bn beta but 2 country vote, r d mad or som tin am a nigeria but I reside in SA I spend a lot 2 make sure tayo wins, pls my pple let no nigerian go ther again an pls stop voting cos we can spend our money an he give it 2 anoda country. he must drink tayo water.
allan | 12/9/2014 3:56:00 PM
u f**ls stop complaining... if u win bba has no politics... but if u luz u start complaining... how many times hav u won this... stop this childish behaviour... da problems with nigerians is too much pride and think u know Everything... he already got 350k so whats ur.problem..?
name | 12/9/2014 9:58:00 PM
Are u d one dat gave him d money ? Is bcos if injustice he got d money did any one give Melvin any money ? Becos delish deserves d money so forget wether he got d money else were or not face d truth
allan | 12/9/2014 4:13:00 PM
u f**ls stop complaining... if u win bba has no politics... but if u luz u start complaining... how many times hav u won this... stop this childish behaviour... da problems with nigerians is too much pride and think u know Everything... he already got 350k so whats ur.problem..?
ellah | 12/9/2014 4:18:00 PM
f*ck biggie and f*ck Idris ,Tayo has been conpensated by Ayiri Emami(a billionaira) he was given 350thousand dollars so no1 cares abt Biggie no more
Gift | 12/9/2014 4:30:00 PM
Zambians stop ur ranting please ,ur rep is as wack as d chairs in biggys house. How dare u guys compare tht boring ugly nd illitrate Monkey2 to my Tayo ? Re u mad or something?
Nadine | 12/9/2014 7:40:00 PM
Oh! Idris fans y'all can tk several seats cos Ayiri has given Tayo over 300 000dollars, incase u aint know who Ayiri is i will tell u, hes a Nigerian billionaira that can buy the whole of Tanzania including your president. #hahahahahaha
BBA Watcher | 12/9/2014 8:25:00 PM
What was exposed is regionalism. After Ella was evicted and Idris was the only person from East Africa, it became clear that SADC will not win because had JJ, Butty, Mc2, Sipe and Nhlanhla meaning SADC was stretched. The presence of Ghana also meant Tayo'S votes were reduced. If Ellah would have survived the last week, that was the game changer. I was able to predict Idris' win because over the years i have noticed the SADC, ECOWAS division. On another notes, south african candidates are disadvantaged because of Xenophobia
Phyllis | 12/9/2014 8:31:00 PM
Tayo The Real Hotshot It's really sad to read some of the comments here ..Some assuming that South Africa doesn't love Tayo. .well I can only speak for myself and family. .We voted so many times for him but unfortunately he didn't win, we are also hurt by this and it brought back the pain of 2011 when Luclay didn't win, just to set the record straight not everyone in SA is against Tayo. ..its true that he was the only entertainer in the house and deserved the ultimate price. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours & God bless him and his family Please can we stop the hate and let Tayo continue with his life..haters get a life!!!!
nma | 12/9/2014 9:54:00 PM
Whom God has blessed, no man can curse. Tayo God has really blessed u and not even biggie can change it.
Zuma | 12/9/2014 9:55:00 PM
The world wide position today is nt goin 2 unite by wipein away our difference, bt 2 unite wit all our differences,infact if all natural differences find their harmony then there'll be true unity in africa.
ola | 12/9/2014 10:38:00 PM
st*p*d post, stop campaigning for PDP/ACN using tayo faniran .....we voted as much as we talk on social media .....so f*ck off....most of us bought so many Airtel lines, voting to rest of Africa .....stop using tayo to campaign ...f**lish post
Nomsa -South Africa | 12/10/2014 12:24:00 AM
So disappointed Tayo "lost"the first position but still a thee person. This was a game so elements of rudeness have been there b4. Why now with Tayo.The hatred fuelled the reason I voted 24/7 and not Nhlanhla ! GBU!
AKT's Fan | 12/10/2014 1:29:00 AM
Tayo was by far the realest and most entertaining housemate in BBA 9. But, Biggie kept on rubbing Peter(Tayo) to pay Paul(others). He gave 3 of Tayo's star Prizes (craziest, etc) to Sipe and Macky2 as if it wasn't enough barely a week to the grand finale Tayo defeated Idris with 4 country votes plus rest of Africa while Idris had only 3. What changed Biggie?....shame. This is so not fare. First, you gave Bayo Ukoh's 1st price award to a nursing mother, which led Sharon O to believe she was going to win 'cos she left her 2 year old son behind for the show. Secondly, you gave Ofuneka's award to Richard. Thirdly, you gave Luclay's award to Wendel. Now, you rubbed Tayo not once, not twice.......how bad can it get, is there a limit? TAYO YOU ARE MY TRUE WINNER anytime, any day. God bless the good Nigerian that gave Tayo the $350k, God bless Tayo and his family, God bless Nigeria.
lindz | 12/10/2014 7:44:00 AM
C'mon how many Nigerians in SA as we speak! ! Nigerian reps have previously won on the show clearly u win some u loose some thats reality
zedian | 12/10/2014 7:48:00 AM
I wonder why are u nigerians not talking about tayos insults. Mind u he insulted the whole africa n biggie too. N he said tht he doesn't care about the $300000 very arrogant chap. U dnt hv to be insultin to entertain pipo noo. Alredy samone is insultin us zambians here.
Abby | 12/10/2014 9:05:00 AM
We dont gav a damn abt dat,we not hungry as u can see,one person in nigeria can anchors even big broda himself.dat was y d naija billionaire gave Tayo more Dan Wat d clothless Idris was given.biggie u r a big thief.
Geraldine | 12/10/2014 11:55:00 AM
I am a South African and I agree with you 100%. Our South African housemate was so very bitter. Only God knows why. He instigated others in the house with his bitterness towards Tayo. Disgusting!!! Tayo was isolated in the house because he was the strongest housemate who was loved by the majority. I loved Tayo and I too was very very disappointed that Tayo did not win but to me Tayo is still the winner and the Big Brother Hot Shot of 2014!!!
nenritgotodok | 12/10/2014 12:01:00 PM
Tayo is my winner he deserves to win if Tayo wasn't a strong person in dat house he would not survive I mean he was sarounded by enemies otono said it its only sentimental person dat willl deny dis we love him n am glad a fan gave him more than d prize
haybee | 12/10/2014 4:40:00 PM
This is not supposed to be abt how many times nigeria has won, are you telling me Manchester United doesn't deserve the league when they won it for 3 straight seasons? No just dt they were too good for anybody.
Cadet Kabiru Usman | 12/10/2014 6:04:00 PM
My name is Kabiru Usman and i am from Kano state, i gained admission into Nigeria Defence Academy in the year 2012 through the help of Major General Wambai indeed i never thought i can ever get admission again after the second time i failed the the exam and it was not as if i did not prepare for it but soon i discovered it was just because i did not have some one helping me out in regards to the admission Processing, they just deliberately failed me and just the third time my Father and i was wise to seek for a genuine helper then my father found this Great man named General Marcus Wambai and he help me exactly the way he promised and when the list was out my name also came out and today i am proud to be a Cadet. So i am using this medium to advise if you need help in regards to the NDA 2015/16 Admission Processing it is 100% sure that he can help you out with ease once you are a serious type, he will put so much of his time, influence and effort to help you and how to reach him call this number :.......08077684016 ......i was told by my father that he only have space for 12 persons each year so hurry up. if only you can call and and cry to him i believe he will help you too. ........(08077684016)......
JT | 12/10/2014 6:12:00 PM
u guyz should stop all dis...we re one both east africans south africans and west africans...we should stop insultin ourselves...we all are blacks...and letz remember that. Dont let bba seperate us...i am a gud fan of tayo but dis bba tin is causin too much hatred...and its really surprisin...before u continue insultin yoourselves just remember this....ONE BLOOD ONE AFRICA...plsss
Squaash | 12/10/2014 7:56:00 PM
Ogun kill u faceless biggy, and those f**ls saying sh*t about my niggar Tayo. Starting 4rm nono or cow breast milk like they call it in hausa, nenny rocks, zedian, allan. f*ck u all since u guyz don't consider ur country representative as competitive but only came to make up d numbers. Tayo bro, u were so real and tanks 2 Ayiri 4 making it happen 4 my niggar. Ggmub. As for dat zambia f**l, do u wanna compare our complete tayo 2 ur micky2 or monkey2 or whatever he's called. Everywhere, u beef and jealous nigerians, na wao. God punish u biggy. f*ck u and f*ck ur bba. We're no more interested in it since u tryin 2 make it competitive by force by making some tanzanian or nigel or fulani guy idris d winner. f*ck u all.
jany | 12/10/2014 11:47:00 PM
One reason d white wil keep gettin ahead of us cos of d hate/jealousy among africans.dey use an xcuse sayin tayo is rude bt d truth is did melvin win last year.d ansa is No,d bst tin is to boycott dis show cos is nw base on region/hate n wit jst 2 WA its gona be so damn hard for us to win.
Victor | 12/11/2014 11:23:00 AM
Great piece there but you seem to make it look like the whole of africa is against Nigerian knowing very welll that big brother scheme was to minimise the west african votes by first eliminating Sierra Leone and having only two vote which includes ghana, to make matters more complicated for Tayo to win, the number of finalists was increase, leaving a Ghanaian representative to stand against tayo. definitely without Mam bea in the mix, Ghana would have stood by Nigerian as they have always done for Ghana (except in the case of Kacey Moore). Question really is how could Nigerian not have the ROA vote and the Rwandan vote seeing that east africa never considered Rwanda as part of them causing them to take solace in the Tayo, Frankie friendship. Truth be told, something went really wrong this year. Maybe its about time Nigeria started a big brother version.
Victor | 12/11/2014 1:03:00 PM
Tayo is a bba legend anyday anytime. D same people tht said hes insultive are d ones tht insults random peeps on social media bunch of faceless hypocrites. Tayo is now trending more than the so called womanizer winner. Lol #Tayo destiny is 2be great take it or leave it.
miss labzy | 12/12/2014 7:51:00 AM
Tayo my dearest one baba akintoye you deserve the money though you didn't win but insha Allah you will grow higher in jesus name amen
Eve | 12/12/2014 9:29:00 AM
Y all dis talk about Tayo abusing women? Some women ve no shame any more. We shld learn to respect & behave ourselves. Sometx, we re d first to cause trouble & yet d first to cry, ''abuse''. Sheillah got wat she asked for cos, she failed to realize dat she shldnt rub shoulders wit men, not to mention, a man who is not her mate. Wat does it mean to be a woman afterall? Uncultured & mannerless ladies like sheillah ll alwaz learn d hard way. An adage says, ''ladies re seen & not heard''.
siphiwe, pretoria | 12/12/2014 6:33:00 PM
Some people say Tayo was rude and that was why he lost,need I remind them that a certain Keagan Peterson was also rude...truth be told tayo is among the top 3 most entertaining housemate in bba history,the other 2 being Luclay and Uti
Ifeanyichukwu Emma | 12/14/2014 11:56:00 PM
Right on target man! Jealousy is as cruel as death! Cain killed Abel under the strong influence of JEALOUSY! But,even if the whole world gather together, it can not change what God has ordained concerning Nigeria!
Tayo my winner | 12/15/2014 10:56:00 AM
Am frm east Africa specifically frm kenya i hvent watched dis show frm de begining bt i knw dat Tayo deserved de moni mre dan dat womanizer de so called idris bt anyway congrats 2 him since dis was a competition. Tayo i luv u n wl always luv u 4get abt biggie's prize u r already rich n u r nw with ur woman n akintoye so go n hve fun bro
Funeka-South African | 12/24/2014 12:10:00 AM
I am a another South African who so liked &loved Tayo with his faults.Tayo was soo hated because he was great competition esp to Nhlanhla and Samantha,JJ the backstabbers.Marky 2 was just a proud useless snob with no entertainment.The worse part of it is that Idris was no 4(? 10%-20%)in terms of percentage votes with Tayo with top percentage (44%) followed by Nhlanhla& Macky2! The country voted were increased were low for Tayo because some of the evicted hsemates hated Tayo! I hope Mr Ari fulfills his promise otherwise you were thee hotshot that was the reason i watched AND voted for u over 3000 votes! PLAY UR GAME WELL from now on.Mind ur temper but continue singing ur Nigerian style.You were so happy singing with UTI &others that wek & more relaxed! I liked his discipline as far as women hence u were 100%into the game! God bless u!!! THE SWAGG YOU GOT IT ALL NOT IDRIS!!!!
maureen | 12/25/2014 6:05:00 PM
i am a nigerian n really felt bad wen tayo lost to idris.there was so much hatred for tayo yes but let's be realistic for once i cldnt ve voted for tayo if he wasn't a nigerian.tayo quarrelled wit virtually all d housemates,rendered abusive words on any slightest provocation.no really wat kind of a man is he.i ve so much doubt d vote was rigged,its real
Tayo | 1/7/2015 5:15:00 PM
Tayo truly deserve to win, He was the hotshot, the sexiest, like seriously I don't understand Bigbrother anymore.
Tayo | 1/7/2015 5:18:00 PM
Tayo truly deserve to win, He was the hotshot, the sexiest, like seriously I don't understand Bigbrother anymore.