TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Topics | Hot Topics | Search | Archive

2015: Opposition can kill Jonathan to take over govt — Clark

By The Citizen

Ijaw leader and former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, has expressed fears over President Goodluck Jonathan's safety, preparatory to the 2015 presidential election, saying the opposition politicians could go all out to kill the president in order to be in power.

The elder statesman said recent statements from the party's chieftains were worrisome, suggesting that they would stop at nothing to harm the president to get to the seat of power.

Clark said this yesterday, in Abuja, at a conference organised by a group under the aegis of Peoples Democratic Party Ward2Ward Initiative.

He alleged that the opposition politicians in the APC were celebrating the heightening of insecurity in the North East, with the belief that such development would not only degenerate into anarchy but make the president and his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led administration unpopular so that their dream of winning the hearts of Nigerian electorate to get into power in the forth coming elections could be realized.

He said such expectation by the APC politicians was an indication that they were not only unpatriotic but never believed in the Nigerian project.

He said: 'I appeal to the national chairman of APC, who is my very good friend, who in those days, we regarded as super permanent secretary not to join those who want to take office at all cost. If they have their way, they can kill Jonathan, they can poison him, provided they will go into office. If Nigeria falls, there will be no country for the opposition to take over.

'The mere fact that you are in opposition, you are not in the government party, is not enough to destroy your own country, if you do that, then you are unpatriotic, you are not a Nigerian.

'I pray that the opposition should identify itself with the government in tackling the problems in the North East which is a Nigerian problem. It is not an Hausa problem, or Kanuri one, it is a problems for all of us. - Vanguard.

Your Comment

patrick | 12/5/2014 6:05:00 PM
God will nt allow it to happen by is grace.
toly | 1/29/2015 9:13:00 PM
I say amen to that. There is too much desperation and mudslinging in the part of the opposition. They should allow the voters to decide and stop making it look like without them Nigeria will not stand anymore. Really the insurgency is Nigeria problem . Maybe they have a magic wand to make it go in the twinkling of an eye.
prince | 2/7/2015 10:28:00 PM
sir u hve said it all ... but i personaly belive that GOD hve a special plan an purpose for nigeria's .... we all hve to be very prayerfull
musa | 2/8/2015 12:57:00 PM
Every body should be careful left for me let this Elections to be cancel till futher notice is better pls
Jimmy Cal | 2/15/2015 9:37:00 AM
When an old man like Clerk loose touch with reality, he sud go to sleep. Any elder who goes around singing tribalism and preaching hatred is better of dead. May u r kinds never live again to see their grand children.
Sai Buahari | 2/15/2015 11:40:00 AM
Clerk or what do you call this old man ,he is a st*p*d mad ,He has lost his brain .you should beg PDP and Jesus of Otuoke not to kill himself GEJ is no more popular.
Jimmy Cal | 2/15/2015 9:37:00 AM
When an old man like Clerk loose touch with reality, he sud go to sleep. Any elder who goes around singing tribalism and preaching hatred is better of dead. May u r kinds never live again to see their grand children.
Jimmy Cal | 2/15/2015 9:38:00 AM
bug | 2/15/2015 5:16:00 PM
Old man why are you not worried in 2011 elections. It is only you who worry at this your age. Allow electorates to vote pls.
chris | 2/15/2015 6:20:00 PM
Truth is bitter they say.. I wounder why at this age some like someone, jimmy nd other will hate the word of old man.. I hope u wht to grow old like clerk.. Jimmy u talk wit water in ur mouth.
Fake Awoist | 2/16/2015 7:51:00 PM
The opposition will only try Gej is position to win this election.
Harrison | 2/17/2015 6:00:00 PM
They can only try as much as they can,G.E.J...Is the best president nigerians have got.He is more patrotik than every person,he gave us true demokracy;freedom of speech and association.APC,BUHARI,AMAECHI can only decieve them selves.go!go!go! Jonah the ijaw nation is strongly beside you.we shall fight until the last blood,even the sand,stooes,trees will fight for you.karry on we are proud of you.
AYO AGHEDO | 3/30/2015 4:13:00 AM
GOD BLESS YOU SIR, FOR YOUR WARMT COMMENT, G.E.J IS THE MAN FOR US, GOD BLESS GEJ, GOD BLESS NIGERIA
samuel | 2/18/2015 2:58:00 PM
APC is just wasting its time, money,energy,ideas,strength and recorgnition in nigeria as a political party. Those who have spiritual eyes can see our leader, even as the election has not been conducted.
Golden | 2/18/2015 5:40:00 PM
GEJ will remain the president...... God has ordained him to take charge of Nigerian's. Let his word rain forever. Long live Elder Edwin Clark
Abby. | 2/19/2015 12:54:00 PM
Clerk what is you problem.
nurra sambo | 2/22/2015 9:14:00 PM
I as amuslim believe destiny good and bad ,nor amount intimidation and media. propaganda could stop president Jonathan winning. ,this coming election if God. destine him. Win .the president deserve a respect from. all nigerian
MOULD | 2/23/2015 7:05:00 AM
this is what we are saying about the youths of this days, they don't have respect for elders. why won't be bokoharam in north. children are born without culture, look at the way u are referring to an elderly man. But come to think of it, do u think APC head can transform Nigeria at age of 72? this man real age is more than 72 and u and me knows this. sorry to say this, is like u are myopic and so u can not see beyond ur nose. u have forgotten that this man is not sound to establish these dreams that he claim he has for Nigeria because there is nothing good that can come out of old sick man. please, we should not be hoping against stone because this what happened during yaradua regime so let us be wise and keep away sentiment away from us and do the right thing thank.
joe | 2/23/2015 11:27:00 AM
mr. Clark u dnt undastand wht is happening in diz country. Jonathan had failed and need 2 go. Let us try some one else who can perform betta than jona.
notgreed | 2/25/2015 8:21:00 AM
We are watching let them make an attempt, Nigeria will believe. It's like they forgot soonest
Austin | 2/25/2015 10:31:00 AM
Elder Clark,is gift to this Nation,he speaks without fear or favour.His judgment on leadership,achievements and national issues are real and true.doubters look at these geo-political zones..Northwest 78%,Northcentral 80%,Northwest 70%,Southeast 100%,southsouth 100%,and southwest 75% all for Jonathan come march 2015.Don,t be surprise,better join the moving train
igbo.c | 3/16/2015 8:36:00 PM
Jonathan have all ready win tem,tem, for. G. E J God will be with you
Kate | 3/18/2015 7:51:00 AM
What GOD has wretting no man can change it my dear Goodluck carry go.
henry | 3/19/2015 9:03:00 AM
some of us talk as if we are f**ls goodluck has done what no president has done in his tenure but people said he has fail where has he fail the can not say what will buhari do differently from goodluck let him say it yet he refuse to keep shouting change he refuse to debate he said he want to fight corruption is goodluck start fighting corruption with his members are we practising democracy pls buhari go and rest when we need u we can set for u pls OK
Joe | 3/25/2015 8:30:00 PM
G E J should be allowed to run his second tenur how many times has Buhari ruled nigeria. A developed country can.t let him contest again.