The Achievements Of Restoration Government In Human Capacity Development
"Verily, the worst form of empowerment is tokenism and the best form of empowerment is to build capacities in youths that will make them self-employed or become employers of labour. In the past, Bayelsa youths were used to the tokenistic form of empowerment, but the Restoration Administration has shifted the paradigm from tokenism to life-long empowerment – teaching the youths how to fish’’
1. The Ministry of Science and Technology / Manpower Development facilitated two hundred and fifty thousand persons (250), out of which 102 are Bayelsans, were sent to the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) for training as cadets and Ratings in Maritime Engineering, Nautical Sciences and Naval Architecture in Europe.
2. One Thousand (995) Bayelsa indigenes were trained by ITF, in Fisheries, ICT and garment making.
3. 18 pupil surveyors trained in the School of Survey, Oyo State.
4. Selected twenty (20) Computer Science and Computer Engineering graduates to train in Advanced ICT on Security and Safety in China for the Bayelsa Safe-House Project. It is a global peace, safety and security programme.
5. Two hundred (200) youths are rounding off a skills training programme at the King Amachere Royal Academy in Cotonou, Republic of Benin to obtain international certification in Automotive Technology, Automotive Electrics & Electronics, Automotive Body & Paint Repairs, Cinematography photography, Graphics and Animation, and Fashion Design.
6. In Partnership with Afrigrant Resources Limited (Bayelsa Incubation Centre Eight Persons persons were trained as train the trainers in the University of Indiana USA, in Entrepreneurial sensitization and Mentoring
7. In Partnership with Afrigrant Resources Limited, Bayelsa Incubation Center Fifty persons (50) were trained in Entrepreneurial Skills.
8. Federal Ministry of power National Apprenticeship Scheme to train 50 graduates and interested persons in Electrical Skills. Flag off done, awaiting further information on posting of trainees to training facilities.
9. National Automotive Council trained 68 youths in Repair of Tricycle
10. Federal Ministry of the Communication Technology under Rocky Feller Foundation trained 800 in internet business skills.
11. Federal Ministry of Communication Technology trained 16 Female youth in ICT Skills.
12. partnership with fragrant Recourses Limited, (Bayelsa Incubation Center) Eight persons ( were trained as train-the-trainers in the University of Indiana, USA, in Entrepreneurial sensitization and Mentoring.
13.In partnership with Fragrant Recourses Limited, (Bayelsa Incubation Center) Fifty persons (50) were trained in Entrepreneurial skills.
14.Fed Min of Power National Apprenticeship scheme to train 0% graduates and interested persons in Electrical skills. Flag off done, awaiting further information on posting of trainees to training facilities.
15. Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to train 30 in various vocational skill that would be employed to build the proposed 15 storey NCDMB HQ building in Bayelsa State .
16. National Automotive Council trained 68 youths in Repair of Tricycle
17. Federal Ministry of communication Technology under Rocky Feller Foundation trained 800 in internet business skills.
18. Federal Ministry of Communication. Technology trained 16 Female youths in ICT skills.
19. 200 youths were also trained in a 6 months Agricultural programme at the Songhai Integrated System in Republic of Benin.
20. ICT Training of Teachers, Personel of the Ministry of Justice, other entrepreneurial endeavours in SME via the Ministry of Commerce, Investment and Industry.
Bayelsans, thank you for renewing your social contract with Gov.Dickson, he will do more in this his second tenure.