Manchester United Target Pedro's Future To Be Resolved Shortly, Says Barcelona Boss Luis Enrique
Barcelona manager Luis Enrique has admitted that Manchester United target Pedro's future is close to being resolved.
Sky Sports reported last week that United are interested in signing the 28-year-old Spain international, who has been tipped to fill the void left by Angel Di Maria's move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Newspapers in both Spain and England have reported that a deal could be close to an agreement, but Pedro is part of Barca's squad to face Sevilla in the UEFA Super Cup final on Tuesday.
Ahead of the fixture, which takes place in the Georgian capital Tbilisi, Enrique said: “I would like to keep all my players through the whole season.
“But we have talked enough about Pedro. The solution will arrive soon.”
“The season is about to start and it’s time to focus. Every competition is a challenge and we will have to see what we do and what our rival does to see who deserves the title.”
“Our work has gone to plan and we arrive in a good moment. Luis Suarez had a spectacular year. He was very important for us and few could have matched him. He will have the same role again this season.”
Barcelona are believed to have made it clear that any prospective buyer for Pedro would have to pay the £22m release clause in the player’s contract.
But Hristo Stoichkov – a great of the Catalan club – has urged Pedro not to join Manchester United as he feels Louis van Gaal is “destroying” the club.
Pedro joined Barcelona’s youth team as a 17-year-old and has won five La Liga titles and three Champions Leagues since.