TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Keshi Primed For Congo Test

Source: thewillnigeria.com
Listen to article

Head coach of the Nigerian national team, Stephen Keshi says he is fully prepared for Saturday's 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Congo in Calabar.

The Super Eagles had been originally pencilled down to face Rwanda but the Rwandans were kicked out after fielding an ineligible player against Congo in the previous round of qualifying.

Congo have since taken their place, but Keshi says contingency plans have since been made ahead of the game against the Red Devils.

'No, no, no; our preparations were not affected by the fact that Congo, and not Rwanda are the side we will meet on Saturday,' Keshi exclusively told supersport.com.

He added that his players have shown the right attitude ahead of the game.

'The players have been training well and I am impressed. The most important thing is how well the preparations of my players is going.

'Whether it's Congo or Rwanda, it matters not. It's 11 players against 11 and we are ready,' he said.

Saturday's game against Congo will be Nigeria's first after the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil where the Super Eagles fell at the round of 16 hurdle.

SUPERSPORT