Al Jazeera to hold press conference calling for immediate release of detained journalists
Al Jazeera will hold a press conference on Wednesday in London calling on the Egyptian authorities to immediately release five journalists detained there. Wednesday 29 January will mark one month since Al Jazeera English's Peter Greste, Mohamed Fahmy and Bahar Mohammed were imprisoned in Cairo. Their Al Jazeera colleagues, Abdullah Al Shami and Mohammed Badr are also in Egyptian custody.
Al Jazeera English presenter, Lauren Taylor will chair the conference and will be joined by:
· Heather Allan (Head of Newsgathering, Al Jazeera English)
· Tim Marshall (Diplomatic Editor, Sky News)
· Jonathan Baker (Head of BBC College of Journalism)
· Peter Oborne (Chief Political Commentator, Daily Telegraph)
· Fred Scott (Friend and former colleague of Peter Greste)
Peter Greste's parents, Lois and Jurius Greste, will also join the conference from their home in Brisbane, Australia.
When: Wednesday 29 January, 1000-1100GMT. Please arrive for registration from 0930GMT.
Where: The Forum, The Frontline Club, London W2 1QJ
Contact: For more information, please contact:
Hasan Salim Patel, Al Jazeera, 07932 150 085, [email protected]
Or Julia Lee, Edelman, 020 3047 2390 / 07813 185 353, [email protected]