Brazil vs. Ireland Friendly Turns (RED) to Lace Up Save Lives
The Emirates Stadium will turn (RED) again on Tuesday March 2nd with the Brazil vs. Ireland friendly match. You may remember back in January when Arsenal hosted Manchester United for the first (NIKE) RED moment at Emirates. On Tuesday, both the Brazil and Ireland national teams will step up to show their support for the (NIKE) RED 'Lace Up Save Lives' partnership that generates funds to help fight AIDS in Africa.
As part of the stadium (RED) out red netting will be used in the goals for the match and making its debut will be the (NIKE) RED limited edition ball. Players from both teams will wear (NIKE) RED laces in their boots and the Brazil team will run out onto the pitch wearing (NIKE) RED limited edition track jackets. All digital perimeter boards around the pitch and the giant TV screen in the stadium will show the "Lace Up. Save Lives." messages.
The match takes place at 8:05pm GMT / 3:05pm EST and will air live on the Fox Soccer Channel in the US, ITV1 in the UK, Fox Sports World in Canada, RTE in Ireland and GloboTV in Brazil. For all other countries check your local listings. And if you want to be there in person tickets are still available. Just visit the Arsenal box office online or call - 0844 277 3625.
The March 2nd game is the first in a series of (RED)-themed federation games designed to support the initiative. The following games will also have similar (RED) elements:
• 3 March: Holland vs. USA
• 3 March: Portugal vs. China
• 3 March: Belgium vs. Croatia
• 3 March: Korea vs. Ivory Coast
• 6 March: Kaiser Chiefs FC vs. FSS (South Africa)
• 6 March: Sundowns FC vs. Golden Arrows FC (South Africa)
• 6 March: Werder Bremen FC vs. VfB Stuttgart (Germany)
• 13 March: Hertha BSC vs. FC Nurnberg (Germany)
• 24 March: FC Basel vs. FC Zurich (Switzerland)
• 20 March: FK Austria Wien vs FC Salzburg (Austria)
• 20 March: PSV vs. FC Twente (Netherlands)
• 20 March: Trabzonspor vs. Galatasaray (Turkey)
• 1 April: Corinthians vs. Cerro Porteno (Brazil)
The Nike (PRODUCT) RED laces are available now at Nike Store locations, key retailers and www.nikefootball.com/RED or at www.nikestore.com at a cost of $4.00 / £4.00 / € 4.00 per pair. 100% of the profits of (NIKE)RED laces go to fight AIDS in Africa.