TheNigerianVoice Online Radio Center

Health

Cholera Outbreak Kills 61 People in Yobe

Sunday, September 23, 2018
A cholera outbreak in Yobe State has caused 61 deaths, as the number of new confirmed cases surged to 906, the government and the United Nations said. The Yobe State government confirmed that 906 fresh cases of cholera have been recorded in the state with 61 deaths while 50 others are still on ad ...

FG restates commitment to curb abuse of psychoactive substances

Thursday, September 20, 2018
The Federal Government on Thursday reiterated her commitment in ensuring that no effort would be spared in curbing the menace of psychoactive substances in the country. The Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige restated this in Abuja at the 13th biennial international conference on ...

63 percent of health facilities in Nigeria lack toilet for patients'

Tuesday, September 18, 2018
The current status of sanitation in Nigeria remains worrisome as latest survey indicated that only 37 percent of the health facilities in Nigeria have at least one usable toilet for the patients while the remaining 63 percent lack toilet. The Chief of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) with the ...

Dr Jonathan Makanjuola explains why it’s important to “look before you flush”

Wednesday, September 12, 2018
A recent survey reveals that only 16% of adults aged 50 and over in England say they check the colour of their urine every time they go to the toilet, with women being less likely to check every time (12% vs 20% of men). Blood in urine is a key symptom of bladder and kidney cancer but you rsquo;l ...

Borno State Cholera Outbreak : 14 Dead, 8 Positive Cholera Cases,108 Diarhea Ca

Thursday, September 6, 2018
The Borno State Commissioner of Health, Dr. Haruna Mshelia has confirmed that 14 people were reported dead from 13 LGAs of Borno State that were hit by the out break of acute water diarrhea and cholera cases. He said that 200 cases of AWD have so far been treated and discharged at the emergency c ...

Distinguish Yourselves, Ethnomedicine Practitioners Urge Members

Tuesday, September 4, 2018
To safeguard the health of Nigerians and to bring affordable healthcare delivery services, Ethnomedicine practitioners have been urged to distinguish themselves in their chosen career as against quacks that have invaded the health sector. The charge was given at the first edition of the 2018 Ethn ...

Delta Government Set To Reactivate Emergency Ambulance Service

Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Five (5) hospitals under the Hospitals Management Board have been selected for the first phase of the re-activated State Emergency Ambulance Service as base-hospitals where patients would be evacuated to in times of emergencies in Delta State. The State Commissioner for Health Dr. Mordi Ononye ma ...

Borno State Records 1,068 Cases of Acute Water Diarrhea in 10 LGAs, No Case of D

Wednesday, August 29, 2018
The Borno State Commissioner of Health, Dr. Haruna Mshelia has disclosed that 1,068 cases of Acute Watery Diarrhea (AWD) has been recorded in 10 LGAs of Borno state . He also comfirmed that there is no single case of death from Cholera in any LGA of the state so far, disputing earlier media repor ...
show more stories