Pineapple Jam Tart
Fruit jam is made up of fruit and sugar. Unlike butter and cheese, fruit jam does not contribute to the cholesterol and fat content of your body. However, you should avoid those products which have high sugar content.
The good news is that you can prepare fruit jam easily at your home. Take the fruit of your choice and either cut them into small pieces or crush them. Then you heat it with water and sugar until the mixture thickens.
For this weekend's enjoyment let's try Pineapple Jam Tart. Enjoy!
What you need
• 4 oz soft flour
• Pinch of salt
• 2 oz vegetable fat
• 2 oz butter/margarine
• 2-3 tablespoon water
• 2 tablespoon pineapple jam
How to make
• Sieve the flour and salt and rub in the fat to a sandy mixture
• Make a well in the centre, add sufficient water to make a fairly firm paste
• Handle as little and as lightly as possible, roll out into a 3 mm thick (1/8 inch) round.
• Place carefully on a greased plate, cut off any surplus pastry. Straighten the edges
• Roll out any surplus pastry, cut into 1/2cm (1/4 inch) strips and decorate the top.
• Place on a baking sheet and bake in a hot oven at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes.