RIVERS STATE AC INAUGURATES CRITICAL COMMITTEES AS IT RE-STRATEGIZES TO EFFECTIVELY REPOSITION ITSELF FOR 2011 POLLS - LOCAL GOVT TOURS SET TO KICK OFF BY AUGUST 2009
In an enlarged Executive meeting comprising the elders, Youth Leaders, LG Chairmen Forum, Women Leaders and stakeholders held at the State Secretariat in Port Harcourt on 23rd July, 2009, the Rivers State AC set up 6 key Committees to strengthen the party in Rivers State. The State Chairman of the party, Hon. Badey Suage in his welcome address commended the Leader of the party, Prince Tonye TJT Princewill for his leadership acumen and pragmatism in raising the Party's profile in the state as well as making it a worthy reference point to other AC Chapters around the country. In his address, Badey highlighted Princewill's roles as a formidable asset to the party as well as the unifying force behind organised Opposition in the state in his Nouvelle role as its unanimously appointed Consensus leader. Badey enjoined all Party Chieftains present to become co-vision carriers with Princewill as they gear up for the great task to reposition the party to face the greater challenges and tasks ahead of it on the 'Road to 2011'.
As part of its plans to restrategise in readiness for the 2011 General polls, the Party thereafter inaugurated six Committees namely–
1.Displinary Committee with Chief Chamabilla Akpa as Chairman. Other members of the Committee are Chief Wilson Tonye, Mr. Christopher Chigbo, Barr Clarisbel Whyte and Barr Iyke Echie
2. Means and Ways Committee with Chief Temple Ndamati as Chairman. Other members are Johnson Gbarakwe, Hon. Prince Noble, Hon. Hope Onyechere and Aleruchi Azunda
3. Empowerment Committee with Chief Daye Awateeanye as Chairman. Other members are Dr. (Mrs.) Edith Wele, Hon. Aaron Frank Okochi, Barr. (Mrs.) Ibiso Briggs and Engr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Edward.
4. Media and Publicity Committee with Chief Eze C. Eze as Chairman. Other members of the Committee are Mr. C. Nwulu Esq, Goodnews Ndantai, Hon. Tamunotonye Lily and Hajiya Aisha Bello.
5. Reconciliation Committee with Chief Allen Opunjiakor as Chairman while other members of the Committee are – Mrs. Soberekon Jetiba, Chief Gbarasong B. Gbarasong and Nusiratu Babalola
6. Summit Committee with the Chairman of the party, Hon. Badey Suage as Chairman with Chief Eze C Eze, Hon. Timothy T. Amadi, Hon. Ibime Odimabo, Barr Ibiso Briggs, Hon. Elizabeth Udogwu, Hon Ouenva Susan John and Hon Kanwi Isaiah as members.
The Summit Committee was mandated to submit its report in the next two weeks as the Party intends to use the Summit to make a statement in the country's polity as the likes of the National Vice Leader of the Party, Senator Ben Obi and Gov Oshimhole Adams are expected to serve as Resource Persons at the event. The Chairman reiterated thus, “The Summit will be used to articulate AC and sell its ideals as a strong, stable and ideology-based political party and goals in its readiness to undertake dramatic and meaningful reforms in the social, political and economic landscape of the Nation if voted into power.
Finally, the various Local Government Chairmen were directed to go back to their Areas, revive and set their people to receive the State Exco and Elders of the party by August, 2009 during the Local Government Tour. “We have to prove that we are the grass-root political party in the State”, Chairman Badey stated.
Chief Daye Awateanye whilst giving the vote of thanks commended the Leadership of the party for coming out with such great ideas that will truly make the party registers its presence in the State fully and urges members to be united and brace up for this onerous task of reposition the party in the State.
Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze,
Rivers State Action Congress, Publicity Secretary