Do-it-yourself manicure pedicures
A weekly home manicure pedicure goes a ling way in keeping the hands in good condition. You can also give your hands a luxury treatment at home. This section of home manicure and pedicure deals with two things :
2) Home pedicures
What you will need for home manicure:
A bowl for soaking hands, nail clippers, emery board, cotton wool, An orange stick, polish remover, hand cream, nail varnish.
Home manicure procedure:
1. Remove old polish, if necessary, with the remover, using cotton wool.
2. If you wish to cut the nails, use a nail clipper.
Then shape your nails into an oval shape, using the emery board. Work in one direction only, not in back and forth.3. Soak your hands in a bowl of warm water for 5 min.
4. Wrap cotton wool around the orange stick and push the cuticle back gently. If it tends to adhere, apply some hand cream and then push it back.
5. Apply hand cream into the cuticles and skin of the hands and massage for a few min. Wipe off excess cream with moist towel.
6. This is the last step in home manicure pedicures process. Apply polish, using smooth strokes, from the base to the tip of the nails.
What to avoid;.
* Avoid very hot water to soak your hands, as this can dry out the skin and nails.
* Avoid hard nail brushes.